CAT5

THE BEER, WINE & LIQUOR THREAD

Hm well as far as I know, Denmark is somewhat similar to Sweden.

The cheapest I recall seeing vodka priced as (on sale) was about... 15 usd.

It's pretty common to find wine for 3-4 usd per bottle (cheap stuff, of course)

Beer, well... the absolute cheapest stuff we got, is usually less than a dollar... but it tastes like shit.

At bars and such, I recall a pint is about 6 usd.

I have no idea about drinks and such like that though, none of my interest.

okay, here is ukrainian prices for 0.5l 

beer - 1$

vodka - 4$

vine - 2$

whiskey - 10$

tequila - 12$

at bars you can buy this shit for x2 or x3 price

Hm well as far as I know, Denmark is somewhat similar to Sweden.

The cheapest I recall seeing vodka priced as (on sale) was about... 15 usd.

It's pretty common to find wine for 3-4 usd per bottle (cheap stuff, of course)

Beer, well... the absolute cheapest stuff we got, is usually less than a dollar... but it tastes like shit.

At bars and such, I recall a pint is about 6 usd.

I have no idea about drinks and such like that though, none of my interest.

Actually I don't think Denmark and Sweden is very similar. I know for sure (because I've done it) that teenagers go by boat to Denmark to buy liquor. But maybe that's just because you can buy alcohol at the age of 15 instead of 22 as in Sweden. I do however recall that it was also cheaper. But it was a long time ago now so

As for beer, I love Belgian(-style) beers. My favourites are Tripel Karmeliet, Pauwel Kwak and La Chouffe. My favourite Dutch beer is La Trappe Tripel.
I'm not much of a pilsner drinker, it just tastes so bland after having tried so many good strong beers.

Whisky-wise, I usually drink Scottish whisky. I'd like to try a Japanese whisky, as they're rumored to be like Scottish ones but even better haha.

And yes mead, I agree with mead. Mead. The nectar of the gods, if you get good mead at last.

I drank redds and I liked it. it didnt really have a weird aftertaste for me... lol

Did you throw up tho? lol

Don't EVER. EVER drink Mike's Hard Cider or whatever the fuck it called.

Tastes like Motts Cider and skunk piss. At least to me.

If you are looking to leave the piss-tasting beer tier, here are some of my sugestions:

ps¹: Best beers are belgian. period. german are great too. people do say that you can find a lot of small breweries in america producing great beers, but I haven't tasted, so can't help ya.

ps²: Really good tasting beer tend to be expensive. But you have to see it as an experience, a drink to enjoy, not something to chug down just to get drunk. for that, go find yourself a cheap vodka, or grow up, cuz no one likes to deal with your drunk-ass bothering everyone and vomiting everywhere all night, right?

ps³: Good Beer usually have a high alcoholic graduation. Man up. But don't worry, it takes time to truly enjoy all the tastes that compose a good beer, but after that, you'll never want to go back, trust me.

Delirium Nocturnum:

DELIRIUM+NOCTURNUM+2.jpg

Delirium Tremens

Delirium-Tremens.jpg

Gouden Carolus Hopsinjoor

gouden-carolus-hopsinjoor.jpg

Gouden Carolus Classic

2075087036_66c6152d73_o.jpg

Floreffe Tripel

blogger-image--137722543.jpg

Reminds Me. Here in DuPage County Illinois USA we have a brewery called TWO BROTHERS. Their craft beer is to die for. Look it up and you can see that it is ranked very well amongst Beer aficionados lol.

They have Seasonal beer. My favorite has gotta be Domaine DuPage, which is some french style country ale.

kraken_bottle.jpg

This rum is bloody awesome, not the best I've tasted so far, but for the price, super awesome.

For japanese whisky, I recommend The Hakushu and Nikka, my favorite brands so far.

I have my eyes on a few bottles from Yoichi, especially their 12 year old single malt, according to my uncle, it's a treasure.

If you're into Islander whiskies, or Islay even, stick with Scottish ones, I have yet to even find a japanese one getting close to those.

I seriously need to get my hands on a bottle of Big peat from 2012, Christmas edition, the taste of that one was so... intense.

9175089643_1ee880f570.jpg

Call me crazy, but this stuff is the shit! Sprecher Root Beer is fantastic by itself and it's hometown brewed as well (the brewery is 40 minutes away from my house). The use all local stuff whenever possible and they only sweeten their drinks with local honey. The hard root beer is fermented in bourbon barrels for 1 year and it comes out tasting awesome. It's really interesting, there are like 4 distinct layers of flavor to it...I really dig it.

9175089643_1ee880f570.jpg

Call me crazy, but this stuff is the shit! Sprecher Root Beer is fantastic by itself and it's hometown brewed as well (the brewery is 40 minutes away from my house). The use all local stuff whenever possible and they only sweeten their drinks with local honey. The hard root beer is fermented in bourbon barrels for 1 year and it comes out tasting awesome. It's really interesting, there are like 4 distinct layers of flavor to it...I really dig it.

Impressive =0

PS. You can mail me 3 boxes, haha

glenglassaugh-revival---small.jpg

This is by far, one of the best single malts I've ever had. If you want a highland single malt, that massages every inch of your tongue, this is a must.

Just out of curiosity, how expensive/cheap is alcohol in your country? People always say Sweden is very expensive so I'd like to see what it's like where you guys are from. These are estimated prices (according to me) of swedish alcohol):

Vodka 750ml: 26-37$ (the cheapest vodka being for 25$)

Bottle of wine: 10$ (cheap wine, ofc).

Beer: 2-3$ depending on what brand.

This is ofcourse at "Systembolaget" (the only store in Sweden which is allowed to sell alcohol). At bars it's even pricier. 0: Normal price for a beer at a bar is 7-9$.

So what about you?

I think we're almost on the same page here in Finland.

Vodka 0.7l: $24-54 (17-40€)

Bottle of wine: cheapest ones are around $8 (~6€)

I have seriously no idea about beer pricing, I've never been a huge fan of beer. Except Weihenstephaner, that's some motherfucking delicious beer. I could drink nothing but it all day.

But we Finns have a huge advantage to Swedes: It costs around 20€ to make a day trip to Estonia and we can basically bring as much alcohol as we want. As I'm a student I visit Estonia frequently with my friends and bring lots of alcohol; last time I bought 8 liters of wine and almost 50 liters of cider, plus some liquors and other stuff. When in Finland I can buy with 3 euros one cheap bottle of wine, in Estonia I can get 2 liters of the same shitty and cheap wine. 

I hope I don't sound like a complete alcoholic, but if I know I'm going to drink something, why should I buy it from Finland with a ridiculously high price when I can buy it from Estonia with a ridiculously low price?

Just had this before work this morning

PICK-Kevin-Robie.jpg

It's very crisp and clean. If drunk properly, then there's little to no aftertaste. Just what I expect from a Colorado brewing company.

I keep coming back to this.

Modus+Hoperandi+India+Pale+Ale+-01.jpg

This is hands down the Crispiest/Cleanest IPA that I have ever had in my life so far. The aftertaste is so damn pine tasting that it's good. I have to special order this at my local liquor store.

12662577_10208653147267488_254207174244812705539_10208653151147585_3350859845408

I actually drink very little, but I really enjoy making cocktails and etc. Just got this Angostura 7-year rum to try :lolita_love:

12004717_10207709041905444_7110339998093

11220149_10207759119557354_7594230177333

I also made vampire vodka! :lolita_lol:

(homemade cherry liqueur)

(Angostura)

Haha Im surprised to see Angostura here! My family's from Trinidad, so- good to see haha

Hmm I drink lots of different red wines, gins, cognac, vodka, beers, and other stuff.

Particular favorites are the tastier drinks, like when I was in Japan Id get the Bacardi Mojito-in-a-bottle deal. It was a fizzy Mojito, with the most perfect taste, wow- used to drink it after work to relax. But I cant find it anywhere in America :\

Also used to drink a lot of Umeshu (plum wine) when I was in Japan... ah, it was perfect with sushi even

Alas, the brands I had there are also not here in America

Fortunately, I did find a similar drink to the Mojito, which was the Cayman Jack Margarita lolll great after a long day as well, and great if you are in some Island kinda place

asahi beer. i tried kirin ichiban but for some weird reason it tasted kind of mild (??) or like diluted to me, i have no idea why :(