CAT5

THE BEER, WINE & LIQUOR THREAD

If you're a true weeaboo you'll pour that piss Sapporo beer down the drain and pop open a Hitachino Nest beer.

Decided to give it a try and I'm impressed, it's a nice light beer and has a pleasant crisp flavor. I've only had the white ale but I have a Red Rice Ale in my fridge I'll probably have later this week.

it's interesting how some drinks are perceived as being more girly or manly based on social norms.

it's also funny now some people force themselves to like something based off of a drinks image...

like this person I know hates drinking jack daniels and whiskey, yet is obsessed with it's 'image' of being badass looking....

a waste of money imo... buying something you won't drink.

/facepalm

baileys.jpg

I think Baileys on the rocks is quickly becoming my favorite drink. Tastes great and doesn't have too much of an alcohol taste. You look classier drinking it and I don't get the "stigma" that comes with ordering a fruitier (i.e. girlier) drink. I especially love the Bailey's caramel, though the mint chocolate Bailey's was pretty disappointing.

The downside is that it is expensive, especially for the amount of liquid you get. The shiitty part is the off brands just can't stand up. I've tried Emmet's and Caroline's, but they both are marginal at best and not worst saving your money. I have also tried Dooley's, which is essentially an Irish cream that uses vodka instead of whiskey, but I honestly don't like it very much. It has a nice toffee initial taste, but the alcohol tastes is very strong and unpleasant and ruins anything it had going for it. I have also made my own Irish Cream before and that is tasty as hell, but I can't drink much of it because it is so rich.

I would like to try St. Brendan's (off brand), E & J's (uses brandy instead of whiskey), and Rum Chata (rum and rice milk).

Ito, I agree 1.000.000% with you. This is the most awesome drink imo. It's becoming my favorite.

it's interesting how some drinks are perceived as being more girly or manly based on social norms.

it's also funny now some people force themselves to like something based off of a drinks image...

like this person I know hates drinking jack daniels and whiskey, yet is obsessed with it's 'image' of being badass looking....

a waste of money imo... buying something you won't drink.

/facepalm

Well Jack Daniels is a shitty whiskey and you're doing yourself a disservice by drinking that crap. Then again if you're going to drink for taste, not drink to get shit faced and don't mind paying for top shelf booze there's some fantastic whiskeys out there.

I do admit people avoiding 'fruity' girly drinks is pretty dumb, I personally love myself a Mojito. My problem with fruity drinks is I drink them like juice and I'll just keep going and going and then, oh wait suddenly I can't get up anymore.

Bacardi 151...fave

Bacardi Oakheart

Bacardi Black

Captain Morgan Spiced

Wiser

any other rum based alcohol none white though

I don't really care much for beer and just go whatever else the group is drinking else typically go heinekin

oh and henessy cuz i'm a gangster at heart ;)

rum is best. fresh lime, sugar or honey, generous amount of good rum and a shitload of ice. can it get any better?

it can't. overall, strong well made tiki-drinks are the greatest.

I don't like cognac, brandy, beer and most wines, but other than that, everything goes.

wine, tequila, whiskey, brandy/cognac, shochu.  Mostly my drinks of choice.  I don't like sweet things in general so I just like my liquor iced, watered, tea-d down : )  Gotta watch my fine figure when I'm knocking back these biatches.

omg @ Ito drinking baileys <3<3 my favest drink, awesome both on rocks, or w. ice creams, or sometimes I throw chunks of pears or melons in the cup when I'm feeling ~ health conscious ~ and it goes so well

other than that, long islands for drinking socially (dudes like it too, so it's a nice evening starter and you sort of spot the cool ones who skip beer and order it too), rum and coke (w. a hint of cherry sirup bc we don't really have cherry coke around here anymore), every orange liquor mix is good too

how come I never seen this thread before :(

The only beer I drink is Angry Orchard. Other alcohol I like is fruit cocktails and some soda mixed in with rum or some other hard liquor.

I like Beer Spritzers like Mike's Hard, Coke with Coconut Rum, and Long Island Iced Tea if I feel like I'm company that would appreciate me being overly friendly / handsy since half of one makes me think everyone's pretty.

The only beer I drink is Angry Orchard. Other alcohol I like is fruit cocktails and some soda mixed in with rum or some other hard liquor.

I think they just make hard ciders don't they?  Good ones though, I might add

I fucking love Beer.

all the beer. but i do quite enjoy this beer i had recently

lPearSixPack.jpg

it tasted like pear soda. it was awesome.

Just a tip. Don't drink REDDS. Sure it tastes like apple, but no.

The Aftertaste tastes exactly what you throw up lol

I drank redds and I liked it. it didnt really have a weird aftertaste for me... lol

I think wine is the most effective alcohol in making me drunk & sleepy. It's also the best (and the most dangerous). Mmm cheap red wine. lol

Hard liquor relatively doesn't do that much to me, strangely enough. They don't even make me sleepy.

Just out of curiosity, how expensive/cheap is alcohol in your country? People always say Sweden is very expensive so I'd like to see what it's like where you guys are from. These are estimated prices (according to me) of swedish alcohol):

Vodka 750ml: 26-37$ (the cheapest vodka being for 25$)

Bottle of wine: 10$ (cheap wine, ofc).

Beer: 2-3$ depending on what brand.

This is ofcourse at "Systembolaget" (the only store in Sweden which is allowed to sell alcohol). At bars it's even pricier. 0: Normal price for a beer at a bar is 7-9$.

So what about you?

EDIT: Also to be a bit on topic I drink most alcohol except whiskey. lol

In the US it depends on what state you're in and then it gets even more out of control depending on what city or other jurisdictions you're in.

So I can only speak in regards to Washington but Washington state has pretty ridiculous alcohol prices. We have a wonderful sin tax thanks to a bunch of cry babies and bible thumpers that need to save us from the devil. So it's not just booze that is pricy, it's also smokes too. 

For example laws were passed recently to allow grocery stores to sell hard liquor but the catch was that there would be an additional 25% tax on top of it plus another 7% per liter. Making liquor even more expensive than when you could only buy it in limited amounts from poorly ran government stores. You could always buy beer and wine at grocery stores and there are no additional taxes added.

Fortunately this caused our craft beer scene to flourish because no one wants to spend $50 on a tiny bottle of spirits when they can instead get a pack of 10% proof IPAs from the grocery store for $8.00.

Bar prices it's always more and it just depends on the beer and liquor. Average is about $5-8 for beer here and will go up depending on the specialty of the beer you're ordering. Mix drinks are usually about $10-15 and that just depends if you get top shelf liquor or if it's just a high end establishment. 

Also the two worse places in the world Utah and Oklahoma have laws that won't allow you to sell beer that has more than 3% of alcohol in it. So basically fuck those places.

(BTW I don't know the exact percentage of taxes, so those are just estimates. I just drink beer and don't pay those taxes.)