Spike760

Alice Nine

Ahahahaha. xD Brü. xD

I feel like Shou's lyrics usually have recurring themes. Like how he sings about birds and colors a lot. So it wouldn't surprise me if the songs are interconnected. 8D

This is definitely true. (another reason to love imo

I'm going to do K&Q, 4U and then RUMWOLF in that order. After which or somewhere in between I may trans. Birth in the death and fuurin. Probably do I. Tmrw.

King&Queen is now up. ^^ I'm probably going to end up doing the others sometime tomorrow instead. It took longer than I thought to do that one (flippin' kanji) and I need to get some sleep so I don't look like a hag at the signing tomorrow xD

I'm so happy people are seeing the greatness I've always seen in them. ;O; I really feel like they are under-dogs finally rising above. :'D

I'm so proud of the boys. Since following them wayyy back in 2003/04 with Yami, they've come a LONGG way. Such a mature/well composed sound than before. Some of their releases before GEMINI have been questionable in style. But this album sure proves they've still got some of that old a9 sound mixed with all they learned. I hope they get some big time recognition cause this album sure kicks ass than most of the jrock albums I've heard recently.

I'm so happy people are seeing the greatness I've always seen in them. ;O; I really feel like they are under-dogs finally rising above. :'D

Preach it Maiku! lol but yea I feel the same way. I've been grinning like a complete idiot since the release. Everyday something else is added on to make me prouder too, the turnout for the signing yesterday was even more amazing than expected, especially when I compare it to the one for stargazer; (and there was karaoke for that one soo...you know come on, come on lol), my heart grew two sizes too big lawl.

After this though I'm a bit anxious about whatever single will follow this album. Pretty much they're always kinda of an album leftover feel to 'em but I'm hoping they take some time between instead of releasing one soon. I'd wonder though if they'll revert back, keep with the album's style or progress a bit more, it's a bit nerve racking. As long as they continue to improve each time though, I can't ask for anything more and that's what they've been doing, building more each time. I think working with Okano (as opposed to the last guy) has helped them realize what their strong parts really are/have been and to magnify them (though in all honesty I still think the senkou single was the first sign that they were coming back better and he didn't have hand in that. I mean Le Grand and solar eclipse omg)...because as I said before I'm not surprised by what they've done necessarily, they've always had flashes of brilliance and I feel like there are enough allusions from past songs to back up the sounds in this album but they never quite took it all the way, falling back into the mold when they maybe should've pushed more...but with this I'd say they're finally just doing the damn thing.

As for the lyrics, The kana has finally been posted online, so I should be able to move faster now that I don't have to squint into a booklet to figure out radicals or fucking stroke count for unknown kanji. lol.

EDIT: Romanizations for the lyrics are complete. Next will be translations.

EDIT: This was just tweeted by the Staff: New Album「GEMINI」オリコンウィークリーチャート初登場3位獲得

Alice Nine is owning. All the time. :'D They always show improvement. ;O; It's so great. Oh man. Love them so much.

FROATING IN DA BOID.

WUT R U STARIN @ UR PRACE?

tbh I was worried because I knew going in it would be a happy/light type song. So I was pondering to myself would it be more cosmic world-ish(which would probably make me =/ even though it's an okay song) or maybe more tsubasa-ish (which would be just fine except coming off of blue flame not really what I would've hoped for) lol

Luckily I didn't get either... if it reminds me of anything maybe a little bit of that number six vibe but as far as A-sides go, so far my first impression of it is much much higher than Blue Flame. I actually really like it; it's already starting to stick in my brain after two listens and I can see myself binging on it once I get a proper rip.

Oh God yes <3 I really really like it! That opening and ending riff is amazingly catchy!

@Pretzels

He used to do that back in time. He screams well, actually!

To be honest, I think Heart of Gold would sound better in an album. It's just not that good stand-alone, but I think it'd mesh pretty fine with other songs.

Also, funny how every light-hearted song must feature a skateboard. It came to the point that you know exactly what kind of song to expect when a clip has a skate. XD

sounds like ur average basic-core band's summer single.

its a shame really, you would think theyd expand on the style of music they played on gemini....

anyway, still looking forward to that rerecording of haikara!!!!

sounds like ur average basic-core band's summer single.

its a shame really, you would think theyd expand on the style of music they played on gemini....

this *sad*

To be honest, I think Heart of Gold would sound better in an album.

I actually agree with this even though I like it. and woah where have you been? I totally did a double take when I read the name. xD

yes and no. I would've been exponentially happier if they did expand on that sound but because these are singles I expected a certain level of basic-ness from them and I think even the singles that came out for Gemini weren't necessarily indicative of what was to come on the album. So with that in mind I think it'll be more interesting when album time comes to really see what they do -- if they continue to grow or they stay in basicville. :)

EDIT: also preview of haikara is up nao though I personally gleamed absolutely nothing from it. D:

http://web.pscompany.co.jp/alicenine/he ... index.html

damn after gemini & blue flame i was hoping for something that will expand on their maturing sound. heart sounds like another typical a9 song, just alright but not ground breaking like their latest releases. haika on the other hand sounds gorgeous re-recorded, i still love how jazzy it is.

now that they are doing re-recordings, i'm sure this is on a lot of minds: when will they do one for yami / kowloon :D drools!

To be honest, I think Heart of Gold would sound better in an album.

I actually agree with this even though I like it. and woah where have you been? I totally did a double take when I read the name. xD

It's not that the song is bad. Take Diru singles, for example. Mostly they sound awesome as stand alone songs, but when put in an album, they feel kinda off. This one would work like that, but in a positive way, I think.

Aww, I'm glad you still remember me. XD I never really went away. So much stuff happened in so many different ways I can't even start explaining. I sometimes came back for goodies, but never left a comment or what. Then, earlier this week, I though "Why not?" and here I am!

No yea I get what you're saying.

well, glad you said "why not?". You're the second long time no see person we've had in about a week so that's nice. I hope things are going well now at least. Don't be a stranger. :D