Sign in to follow this  
babyruby911

Question, are we taking it a little bit too far?

I wanted to talk about the new MH Exclusive thing were implementing and im not going to lie i really love the idea of it. I love the idea of building a more consistent and more loyal site base. But my question is if were taking it a little bit to far with the whole post here and ill send you the link in a message thing. Like i said i love the idea of making our stuff exclusive to MH but i think that doing it that way makes much more of a hassle then is necessary.

There really isn't any way to make it easier, unfortunately. It's still up to the poster themselves, of course, if they want to individually send the links or make it available for everyone.

I think the whole thing is pointless and a waste of time,

the files will eventually be reposted, a few already have.

I think the whole thing is pointless and a waste of time,

the files will eventually be reposted, a few already have.

that²

forcing posts seems really strange to me, but well, it' up to the uploader, i just know that i won't go for these...

i am just worried maybe it would be really difficult for people to find older releases at some point in the future

i am just worried maybe it would be really difficult for people to find older releases at some point in the future

That's sort of how things already are though. I was recently looking for some VIDOLL releases I was missing(that weren't even close to rare) and 99.9% of the links I found on various blogs were all dead anyways. So I don't really think that relying on things like that in the future is all too helpful.

^^hm you are right i guess. since the megaupload think, everything is fucked up

and mediafire links stop working at some point

Tagging as "only for MH" is a good idea, but the problem will be, when it goes further. I mean here situation, when almost everything will be exclusive, will be less and less releases, to which people have an access. Now I observe the trend that some new releases are tagged as "MH exclusive", what fore for comment and you are not sure, if you get from someone link or not. Wouldn't be better if it was a tag for veery rare releases (Idk, demo tapes, live distributed CD, time-limited CD, CDs really hard to get or to purchuase because of big cost, like Node Of Scherzo)? It's much more fair than tagging like this new releases, which you can just buy!

I know, maybe it's unpopular opinion, but imvho that's the way it should go. Otherwise, why don't do all DL section as MH-exclusive? It's less secure, of course, but much more fair for those, who really like some bands and want complete the discography and couldn't be at concert or haven't got money, or buying is impossible, or any GOOD reason.

I personally didn't like this "post for a link thing" and maybe I don't have it and I like the band (I know what upload it was about), but I didn't post there. It will be leaked sooner or later and I'll download it from some blog.

Or you can get a CDrip from your friend or someone, who bought a CD. Kind of pointless, right.

That's sort of how things already are though. I was recently looking for some VIDOLL releases I was missing(that weren't even close to rare) and 99.9% of the links I found on various blogs were all dead anyways.

Well, I'm working on something to counter that. ;)

That being said, I do not support the "MH Exclusive" tag. I can somewhat understand why people use it, but I don't think you can stop the re-uploading of stuff just as much as the music industry can't stop the uploading of music in the first place.

Also I'm sure everyone on this forum has in the past downloaded from links that weren't posted by the original ripper and never asked if the ripper approved of that. They were just grateful they found the stuff at all.

Filesharing is under enough pressure from the industry as it is, I don't think it helps if we start to cannibalize ourselves by telling other people not to share, keep the number of mirrors down and stop the spreading and accessability of files.

Imo there's no way to stop re-uploading stuff somewhere else. You don't get the gold point, which will by satysfying everyone. MH exclusives will remind a close zone, where anyone, who we don't trust won't have something. Kind of strange make too much strict on these. Ppl should change their way of doing everything...

@Biopanda: What are you looking for from vidoll?

I was looking for the last 4 albums in 320kbps, which I eventually found after an hour or so and 100+ dead links.

Since there seems to be a lot of discussion about this topic, a more formal one has been created here. Post there if you have anything you want to contribute.