Sign in to follow this  
zombie8mylunch

within temptation

Yeah, my kinda band, I know one of the former members (Martijn Westerholt, currently Delain, brother of Robert, who founded the band), and been to their concerts a few time...

If you like WT, you also have to try Delain, After Forever or Epica, some other Dutch bands who are similar to WT...

WT just did an American tour, hopefully they get a breakthrough over there. In Europe they are already pretty famous (or at least in the Benelux, Scandinavia, Germany and Austria)

Ah, I'm going to see them again on 5 May

They're the main act on the Bevrijdingsfestival (Freedomsfestival, We were freed on May 5th 1945) in Zwolle, which is like 10 kilometers from my home.

I couldn't really get into them. A friend sent me "Mother Earth" and I thought it was pretty bland even though I like classical music : / . I like a few songs off of "The Heart of Everything" and the song "Angels," but that's probably all I'll get out of this band.

The only good thing that comes from the Netherlands. Along with Delain XD

WRONG!

I'm also from the Netherlands, so that makes 3...

The only good thing that comes from the Netherlands. Along with Delain XD

Wrong x2!

Ayreon, Star One, Autumn, The Gathering, Slechtvalk, After Forever, Kingfisher Sky, Orphanage, Vengeance, Satyrian to name but a few who are much better than Delain especially. :D

The Gathering

Aqua de Annique .o. (and there are a shitload of other awesome Dutch bands besides this genre...)

niw, bumped for Netherlands bashing or something?

To keep it related, they're working on a new album called The Unforgiving, that is based on a comic written by Steven O'Connel (BloodRayne, Dark 48) and illustrated by Romano Molenaar (Witchblade, Darkness & X-men)

Expected to be released in March 2011

Lots of good bands from the Netherlands. Asphyx and Bestial Summoning are probably my favourites though.

Within Temptation's debut is still a really good album.

Yeah, Asphyx, Pestilence and Gorefest, back in the early 90`s were very good Bands from the Netherlands.

But Within Temptation is not one of them. It´s boring, cheesy, predictable, with whiny female Vocals....or short: Gaylords of Mainstream...yukk.

Yeah, Pestilence used to be good. The demos and the first album is worth your time. Gorefest's also good. Mindloss, False and La Muerte is pretty good.

As for what you're saying about WT. Ever heard the first album? None of the words you're using fits with the debut if you ask me. Easily one of the best Goth Metal albums out there. And so far from mainstream it's laughable.

There are way too many female fronted Goth-Metal Bands out there, and they all sound the same. Their Lack of Originality and Diversity makes me sick.

Their Debut-Album is overrated. Most of the Songs are boring or not written well. They are a blend of unmemorable Riffing and Vocal Parts. And again, some songs are really lame like “Restless??.

The worst part of the Story is this Band has given Gothic-Metal a bad Name. Listen, this isn’t Gothic Metal, this is Pitiful Orchestral Music. Where is the Dark Beauty, where is the depressive Atmosphere? This Music doesn’t convey any Emotion to begin with; it’s desperately flat. It’s a perfect musical Vacuum, which even fails in sounding catchy. If you want to listen to genuine Gothic Music, just dig some Goth-Metal like Theatre of Tragedy, Gothic-Doom like Draconian, Gothic/Darkwave a la Sopor Aeternus, or even the Goth-Rock Pioneers of The Sisters of Mercy – anything but this pile of dishonest Crap.

You, Radical Dreamer, you are lulworthy. Congratz!

Your biggest mistake is lumping female-fronted metal bands into the gothic metal category. They haven't given gothic metal a bad name because they're not gothic metal, never claimed to be gothic metal. Within Temptation are a decent symphonic metal band and their vocalist is not whiny.

Why should anyone waste their time arguing with you or trying to prove you wrong when you've deemed your opinion truth. You've basically made it irrefutable when it's not. No matter what anyone says, you're going to be able to go "lol wrong, my opinion is fact."

OK. Here I go: Enter is a Goth Metal release. I don't care how much you dislike it. I don't care if you feel it's not dark enough or what not. Fact is, it's a Goth Metal album. Simple as that. The release after Enter on the other hand, got about nothing to do with goth except for mother Earth that has some goth stuff here and there. But in general it's just a Symphonic Metal album. And the newer the material goes, the less Metal it gets.

But Within Temptation's "Enter" is just as much Goth Metal as Orphanage's "By Time Alone", Theatre of Tragedy's "Velvet Darkness They Fear", Penumbra's "Seclusion", Sirenia's "At Sixes And Sevens", Tristania's "Widow's Weeds", Paradise Lost's "Gothic", Type O Negative's "October Rust " and so on. And a lot of these bands sounds different from eachother,e ven though they're in the same genre. Not all of them is as dark as the others, but it's still Goth Metal. But sure, a lot of these bands either started out as something other than GM or evolved into something else than GM. But all the mentioned albums are Goth Metal.

But I have the feeling you've got your finger stuck up your ass, so you'll disagree no matter what anyway.

It doesn´t Matter what you call it. Gothic Metal, Symphonic Metal ...it does not change anything. There are no major Differences. And the Truth i am speaking of, consists of nothing more than the objective View on what this Band is presenting. That implies that i don´t like it.

If you can show me one Song, one Part, one Riff that proves the Opposite, objectively, go ahead i will reconsider my Opinion.

Gothic Metal, Symphonic Metal ...it does not change anything. There are no major Differences. And the Truth i am speaking of, consists of nothing more than the objective View on what this Band is presenting.

"We consider ourselves more a symphonic rock band ... we are in my opinion no gothic band" - Sharon den Adel.

Enter is arguably the only gothic metal thing they've done and it didn't sell as well as their other releases, it didn't receive rave reviews, it had one single and is often neglected in favour of everything else they've released, which is symphonic to the core, how do they give gothic metal a bad name?

I'm outta here.

There's no use discussing music with this guy. It's like talking to a wall. It can be fun, but it's no use. The wall is still a wall no matter what you say.

"We consider ourselves more a symphonic rock band ... we are in my opinion no gothic band" - Sharon den Adel.

Thats a lame Excuse for a Band, that is not original enough to stand out from other Bands, that do the same lame Thing. It´s like when [Exchangeable Name for a Black Metal Band] would say: "No, we don´t do Black Metal, we play Uberevilapocalypticwarpost-Metal, so we actually have an original Sound". :spin:

They give a bad Name because the Musicians Level is without doubt abysmal. Miss Sharon den Adel alone would make anyone’s Ears bleed. Her silly high-pitched Voice is unbearable even when she’s singing right, but when she’s off-key it confines to torture. When you can’t reach high notes just don’t try, please, please don’t try. But when your aim is to attract as much faggots as you wish with your Appearance only, who really cares for your Voice?

Everything sounds so FAKE. Everything reeks of Easiness, Laziness, and above all Money. Let’s just forget about all artistic Integrity.

That’s why I said this Band is dishonest. That you can’t write nor play proper music is one Thing, but just don’t pretend you can. Drowning your three elementary Powerchords into a Mess of Orchestrations is like hiding a rotten Fish under a Load of Sauce, you won’t fool anyone equipped of even a Semblance of a Brain.

New song 'Where Is The Edge', also featured for some movie which is going to suck, as you can see in the video. I kind of like the song though:

Sign in to follow this