Sign in to follow this  
TidTid

Versailles to go on hiatus + new album release

The website crashed or got corrupted earlier today. Let me basically paraphrase what happened in those pages to make the conversation continue to flow:

Versailles is disbanding momentarily with a possibility of getting back together in the future. The disbandment is to focus on their own musical ability so that if the band were to get back together a few years from now the sound would be new and special instead of the same old thing. Then we discussed what the band should do in the mean time. A reunion of Lareine was a possibility or even a solo project for Kamijo. As for Hizaki and Teru, they should do a Hizaki Grace Project reunion with Masashi and either Mikage or Yuki, more people leaning towards Yuki. We had discussed how it would be nice to have Juka sing for them again, except Juka has basically retired so the more likely choice is Kaya considering Hizaki and him are good friends.

That should about sum it up.

Let us continue.

My earlier post is gone >.<

Well, if it comes to music strictly, I understand why they have decided to stop activities. In my opinion metal music tends to be very monotonous after a time.

I always dreamed of Versailles making some versions of some Lareine songs like Saikai no Hana.

Lareine was romantic and sort of chessy but for some reason it just worked and their music is very special to me so i think I'd rather a lareine comeback anyway. although i think if they came back it wouldn't be the same... especially if kamijo tried to integrate his "new" voice with lareine's style... i think it would be very strange. i really hope that some how the label had something to do with kamio's vocal change because i really don't understand what happened to him... he always had a good sense of melody and a really nice voice i thought but he changed...

versailles voice is better i think, lareine voice was funny for me

also his change of voice is funny to me for some reason xD

actually my fav of all i think it was hizaki gr pr (also sulfuric acid was cool : 3)

maybe because i think i like juka's voice more than kamijo

but i like kamijo as a personallity generally way more than juka :/

i am saying this because i would like to see them doing something completly new

that would be more interesting for me

not an old band

although it's more dangerous to fail so bad with something new at comparison (look at satsuki bleh)

but i don't like returning to past

but don't listen to me since they are not my fav bands at all

they should do what people that have them as fav band want xD

versailles voice is better i think, lareine voice was funny for me

also his change of voice is funny to me for some reason xD

actually my fav of all i think it was hizaki gr pr (also sulfuric acid was cool : 3)

maybe because i think i like juka's voice more than kamijo

but i like kamijo as a personallity generally way more than juka :/

i am saying this because i would like to see them doing something completly new

that would be more interesting for me

not an old band

although it's more dangerous to fail so bad with something new at comparison (look at satsuki bleh)

but i don't like returning to past

but don't listen to me since they are not my fav bands at all

they should do what people that have them as fav band want xD

It's funny to me... I put Juka, Kaya, and Kamijo all on the same playing field. They're all my favorite VK singers and I think it's because they all have deeper voices. But to me it's Kaya > Juka > Kamijo... It's funny that my favorite band of them is Versailles.

I don't think Kamijo's voice changed all of a sudden. As a singer he has the ability to make his voice sound in a particular way to suit the music style.

Of course he can sound as he used to when he was in Lareine, but he couldn't sound like that for Versailles so the voice change was and is on purpose.

Wasn't Lareine somewhat of a Kamijo solo band back on 2000 or something? If he doesn't get the other members to join again, I don't really doubt he would ress Lareine alone.

i don't know because i don't know anything about singing really ,only as a listener i can tell,

but i always thought it just improved professionally (because it sounds better to me this way)

i have see other singers do it too (maybe less obvious xD but) in years of experience or lessons they can control their voice better and change it as they want

i thought it was on purpose too of course but it's still funny

but maybe as you say it's just another music style he choosed

I liked his voice in Lareine ^^

yeah it did change because he had to for Versailles music

I hope Kamijo keeps singing and brings back Lareine or makes another awesome band.

Remember that Lareine's Kamijo is a character created by Kamijo specially for the concept of the band. So is Versailles' Kamijo. Kamijo in Versailles is more manly than Lareine's Kamijo so he couldn't sing as feminine as he used to sing for Lareine. End of story.

As others also think, I think that sooner or later Versailles will come back.^^

Sorry if I ma somewhat redundant. I need to practice my English and acquire more vocabulary >.<

I find it ironic how Zess wrote this in the review section for ROSE and then they announce their hiatus:

it feels like they're playing together as a band.

They are finally getting things back to their good stuff as it is clearly seen with this single and now we have this disbandment. Hopefully they can keep it good for this final album before their hiatus. Is it true that the album is self-titled?

Wow, so many people here a so good at japanese!

Should we expect a Lareine reunion?

I can't believe how fast time flies. Just some years ago they were rising as a new band.

[CD]

1.Prelude

2.ROSE

3.Rhapsody of the Darkness

4.Edge of the World

5.Illusion

6.妖 ~ayakashi~

7.Created Beauty

8.Holy Grail -amoroso-

9.Brave

10.Truth

11.Sympathia

[DVD]

ASCENDEAD MASTER [sTORY Ⅰ~Ⅲ]

Music Video of :ASCENDEAD MASTER / Serenade / DESTNY / Philia / MASQUERADE / Vampire

HAHAHAHA...funny.

Lol 5 new songs (if you count Sympathia as a remake and not as a new song).

Lol 4 new songs because they might re-record Prelude from NOBLE XD

But anyway, I'm keeping in mind that they never intended to release Rhapsody of the Darkness and ILLUSION so 7 new songs doesn't bother me too much. As long as it's better than Holy Grail I can't ask for any more.

Sign in to follow this