Sign in to follow this  
TidTid

Versailles to go on hiatus + new album release

So...it is a hiatus? Disbandment? I'm literally confused. Anyhow, I'd rather a hiatus than a disband in any event. It's a waiting game it seems.

Actually I'm glad they're taking a hiatus if that is the case. They've been running out of ideas (and especially HIZAKI), so as long as this won't lead to a disbandment I'm glad they're taking some time off to get some fresh ideas.

i'm sorry. I'm really LOVE Versailles, but i don't have faith that they'll be back :| i prefer to think like that so i wont be frustrated in the future. I'm just shocked that they wont do a last world tour... :| i would like to see them a last time...

btw in that text the word that they use is 活動休止 which translates as activity pause, i don't see any other word?

because i see people freaking out if it's disbandment or hiatus. but for me it's the same thing really

活動休止 pretty much means stopping activities and disbanding. I have seen this phrase used many times when bands were breaking up. I know people would like to believe that they are simply on hiatus for a while but I don't think that's the case. ):

Actually I'm glad they're taking a hiatus if that is the case. They've been running out of ideas (and especially HIZAKI), so as long as this won't lead to a disbandment I'm glad they're taking some time off to get some fresh ideas.

THIS!

I sense something when they are postponed the release date of ROSE... And this hiatus is the answer,,,,

Still looking forward to the new album...

Guest enzo116

I'm bit confused with their announcement. If they are hiatus why use "STOP" words? It's better if they use "PAUSE". I hope they are not disband

I read the news on JaME last night. It surprised me, but not that much. I stopped listening to Versailles in 2010, partly because their music was turning a little boring and also for very personal reasons that took away from Visual Kei.

I was also thinking that one of the reasons for this desbandment/hiatus could be the fact that their music has been turning a little boring and monotonous.

I also thought there could be an age crisis going on here hahahaha... (Kamijo approaching age 40)

Anyway, this will allow them to rest and come back with better ideas.

And also a reunion of Lareine would be great for us, Lareine old fans!!!!!!!!!!

↑ i don't think Lareine could help the age crisis though (probably it would make it worse) xD joking

i think kamijo looks still so awesome but seriously everyone has to grow up at some point. till when they'll be a such theme band,they will need a change at some point

btw in that text the word that they use is 活動休止 which translates as activity pause, i don't see any other word?

because i see people freaking out if it's disbandment or hiatus. but for me it's the same thing really

活動休止 pretty much means stopping activities and disbanding. I have seen this phrase used many times when bands were breaking up. I know people would like to believe that they are simply on hiatus for a while but I don't think that's the case. ):

i don't really know but

i agree i think it's the same thing because you can't possibly know how many years hiatus will last.

but i usually read many times words like disband, retire or "graduation" from music

at least it's not that i guess

I'm a huge V fan, but this is all what evs to me. Bring on the solo work/new bands!!!! Also, I can totally see Masashi and Yuki going to a new band together since they have their huge bromance.

Well I guest even if it's a hiatus, they will not come back anytime soon. Hope that Versailles will end everything on a high note with their self titled albums. I'm also pretty eager to see the members' new project!

I can't believe people are still calling this a "hiatus".

http://versailles.syncl.jp/?p=info&id=15940

"Versailles has decided to stop all activities... The band will release their farewell album... Versailles will have their grand finale... show your support to Versailles and their final journey."

It's clearly a disbandment, not a hiatus.

Well I can't read kanji yet, sadly, but I've put it into Google Translate (for what that's worth) and it does produce words like "pause", "suspended" and "hiatus".

But it's a bit weird, isn't it, that on their official site they would post an English "translation" of this important news which means something completely different from the original Japanese?

Taking both of these together, I conclude that it's an "indefinite hiatus" (i.e. essentially the same as a disbandment).

FAREWELL MESSAGES FROM THE BAND

KAMIJO

------------

Since the band was formed five years ago every member has had their own world opened wide.We have all made big improvements, but, on the other hand, it is a fact that everything could not be properly expressed as a band.As a result, we have made the decision to express ourselves as individual artists and to try and keep the ideals of “Versailles” alive. We hope you understand that this is the best decision to ensure the protection of the rose of Versailles.As my feelings are affected profoundly please keep in mind this verse from the “ROSE.” Thank you very much for supporting us during the last five years. I will keep the faith, which will never change, and will continue to sing the songs for your encouragement from today onward.

HIZAKI

-----------

Our fans have made our dreams come true, which to me, would have been impossible to realize without your support. I deeply appreciate that many fans and staff personnel have been involved with us. The reason for this decision is our answer to ourselves and to you, which we must come to terms with as artists and as Versailles.I am proud of the achievements because I have worked tirelessly with my heart and soul for most of my entire life in order to see the progress of Versailles.I feel very calm inside because I believe we could make an imprint on music history as Versailles.We wish you can give every one of us your kindest support in the future as well.I will never forget this feeling of gratitude despite the fact that we are moving on and doing so separately.I will continue to pray for you so that love and happiness will be yours into the future.

TERU

----------

Since we formed the band we have continued to search for our ideal world.When I think back we seemed to face lots of difficulties and hard times.Yet, at the same time, it always felt like one big dream full of rich and meaningful experiences.I am truly proud of Versailles and appreciate the support given to us by fans from all over the world.I feel sorry thinking about how you might react once the announcement is made.Although we will stop Versailles, the beautiful flowers we made will never fall or cease to bloom.Our time is all but running out. All I can do is my best with love.Thank you very much for giving us your support. I really wish we could journey further together until the day of departure.

MASASHI

-------------

I am sorry if this announcement is a surprise to you.The expression: “to stop activities” is a difficult idea to accept for both fans and us. However, this decision has been made by all of us to move on.It has been two years since I joined Versailles. I have been encouraged by fans all over the world and they made me the most beautiful scenery at every show, and I really appreciate the opportunity.It is very hard to express how much I appreciate you, but I will never forget your gesture to both the band and me.I will be very happy if we can share the rest of our time with you all.

YUKI

------------

I think Versailles has become a fabulous band with each member doing their best in their own role.And although there were hard times between us, we could transcend those difficulties because our supporters were always with us. I would like to say THANK YOU all from the bottom of my heart.I feel very sorry to give you this unexpected, untimely message, but I would like you to think of each and every performance as a symbol of appreciation from us to you.I will do my best on the farewell album and last tour.

Source: http://darkrose1907.tumblr.com/post/276 ... sages-here

Oh that sounds kind of definitive.

But,

From Hizaki's tweet:

そして、いつの日か薔薇の花びらが集まる時もあるかもしれません。その時には、皆さんの力添えを頂けたら有り難いです。

"And, maybe some day the rose petals might assemble again. At that time we'll be grateful to recieve everyone's support" (< rough translation)

That does not scream disbandment to me.

As sad as I find it that they're stopping activities, I would find it even worse if they would continue as a mediocre band..

Sign in to follow this