Sign in to follow this  
TidTid

Versailles to go on hiatus + new album release

http://kamijo.syncl.jp/?p=info&id=15928

An Important Announcement From Versailles:

Dear Enduring, Loyal Supporters,

We would like to announce that Versailles has decided to stop all activities by the closing of the year.

Being our 5th anniversary -- and without a clear direction heading into the future – we have decided it was in the best interest of the band and the music, our staff and supporters, in order to pursue our artistic and personal goals outside the current framework, to stop all our activities by the end of 2012.

Since the beginning the “ROSE” has played a central role, both thematically and symbolically, for Versailles. The “ROSE”, which is also the title song of their 5th anniversary single, is about birth, becoming and being – in short, their story to the world.

The band will release their farewell album September 26th and tour domestically soon afterwards. On December 20th, Versailles will have their grand finale which be performed at NHK Hall in Tokyo.

Please come and show your support to Versailles and their final journey.

July 20th, 2012Versailles

YMN corporation

Man, I'm kinda shocked, but I know they were gradually losing a lot of fans with their "boring" (their words, not mine) new stuff.

I hope that their final album will be good. It'd be nice for them to go out with a bang, rather than on a low note...

i know it is shocking at first

i don't want to be mean but really if you think about it there is no way to continue like this as a band getting older without being pathetic

either they would have to change something or disband

i want to see what mana will do when he is over 45

I am pretty sure this is a bad translation and it's not a disbandment but a Hiatus. Even the way things are worded, it sounds less like they want to leave and more like they just need a break from things.

But, if this is a disbandment, my stomach is turning. It just can't be real.

Don't know why, but if you open the link, the news is no longer available. o_O'''

Must've just been July Fools Day.

oh shit o_o;;

The news was taken down. Everyone is waiting on an official announcement before jumping to any conclusions.

woow, i wasnt expecting this, i guess their costumes maker got mad perhaps. sorry for the joke

anyway, being realistic, their music started to be boring long time ago...

Sign in to follow this