Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

摩天楼オペラ(matenrou opera) 2 new maxi singles release

摩天楼オペラ(matenrou opera) new maxi single "GLORIA" will be released at 2012/10/03 (1,260yen)

[track list]

01.GLORIA

02.Psychic Paradise

03.CAMEL

04.初恋は永遠に(hatsukoi wa eien ni)

their another new maxi single (title not yet finalized) will be released at 2012/12/05, although details have not yet been announced

http://matenrou-opera.jp/

Wait, wasn't there a topic for this already?

Anyway, what I posted there was of course I'm excited because they're one of my favorite active bands, but I think it's coming too soon after Justice... Maybe it's just me, but I haven't even gotten to really know Justice yet. Obviously, I'll be cautiously optimistic until further information is available. I hope it's memorable.

Anyway, what I posted there was of course I'm excited because they're one of my favorite active bands, but I think it's coming too soon after Justice... Maybe it's just me, but I haven't even gotten to really know Justice yet. Obviously, I'll be cautiously optimistic until further information is available. I hope it's memorable.

I don't know about too soon, didn't JUSTICE come out about 5-6 months ago? and this still has another 3 months before it's released so I don't feel it's soon, either way, I am super excited about this!! I just hope that we get better B-sides than Helios

i think king records is a label that makes very release, example Lynch. that release two albums and one single in less than two years .

I am not surprised this release in a short time.

Sorry my bad english

I don't know about too soon, didn't JUSTICE come out about 5-6 months ago? and this still has another 3 months before it's released so I don't feel it's soon, either way, I am super excited about this!! I just hope that we get better B-sides than Helios

I think the general implication is that since they're already releasing singles they're working on a new album, since that's how it goes 70% of the time. Judging by the amount of singles between Anomie and Justice, I can't make any conjectures about what Matenrou plans on doing.

I'm tentative about this single because I really didn't like Justice but I'll wait for some previews.

I'm guessing the first one will have some Justice leftovers, which I'm not overly fond of. Justice itself tried to be too "epic" and had too much Ayame. I hope they're going to tone down on the synth as well.

Justice itself tried to be too "epic" and had too much Ayame.

Dear god, someone else thinks this too? I really believe Ayame's style of playing (obvious cheap string sounds that don't mask the fact that they're being played on a keyboard) is a detriment to the band. That and the fact that Sono sounds squeaky and overuses the shit out of VK-vibrato.

They surprise me every once in a while though, so hopefully these releases will be more hit, less miss.

Justice itself tried to be too "epic" and had too much Ayame.

Dear god, someone else thinks this too? I really believe Ayame's style of playing (obvious cheap string sounds that don't mask the fact that they're being played on a keyboard) is a detriment to the band. That and the fact that Sono sounds squeaky and overuses the shit out of VK-vibrato.

They surprise me every once in a while though, so hopefully these releases will be more hit, less miss.

Yes, but not on an initial listen. I gave Justice a spin and found it to be quite decent, but when I went to replay it I turned it off halfway because I wanted to brickstone Ayame so badly with his godawful synth. You're major, get some decent equipment. Sono I got quite used to, but on some tracks he does sound a bit...overly present.

I actually think the last release of them I really liked was Abyss, so I hope they'll be making another mini as well.

It seems I'll be forever stuck to Anomie. I don't really like the direction they've been heading but I hope the singles prove me wrong.

I love it, even if it sounds a lot like a mix of some Rhapsody with the symphonic-ness of X Japan. I do prefer when the VK bands sound this way, at least it's different from your typical vk melodies.

This is clearly better than theses pop/rock/électro band or a basic metal band.

Matenrou Opera is a bit special, they try different things in their music and this is a good point.

Hmm, I love Matenrou Opera but I hate choir stuff and this song is seriously the closest thing they have made to me to be similar to having a choir like thing.

Man, I'm the only one thinking that this preview sound waaaaay too similar to Rhapsody's Emerald Sword's chorus?

Hahahaha. Exactly ! This shit is so lame. Sounds like those crappy symphonic metal bands from the early 00's, like Versailles did. This band was good when they were making VK-like songs. NOt his generic metal shit.

Sign in to follow this