Sign in to follow this  
bakteeri

DaizyStripper - Birth/Love

20 songs, not gonna do a huge review. Few words about each song.

Birth

Kamakura

It's nice when bands do intros that are worth listening. Very beautiful. 8/10

Trigger

It's pretty nice. I didn't care for it when the live-only single came out, but now it has really grown on me. There are few songs that I think would've been better for a PV song, but this isn't bad at all. Kazami's composing is just amazing and well thought. 8/10

???

This was kinda meh. Can't remember much about it. But it's fun to listen to. 6/10

?????White Butterfly?

Awesome. Heavy parts are interesting, and the chorus is really powerfull. Great atmposphere. 9/10

???????(Re:birth)

Beautiful. Can't decide which version I like better. Both has their pros and cons. 7½/10

?????????

Sounds a bit like a filler. Verse was really cool though. Yugiri's nasal vocals are great. 6/10

-absolute-

First I thought this would've worked better as an outro, but when the orchestras hit in, I can see why they put it here. Great interlude for Black Dropper. 8/10

Black Dropper

A new version, which is much better than the original. It's heavier and more powerfull. 8/10

decade

I've been waiting to hear a studio version of this for a long time. It's just as good as I thought it would be. Very nice. 9/10

Smile World

Not their best ballad. It's kinda forgettable. But it's good nonetheless. I should listen to this more. But not bad at all, great way to end the album. 7/10

Love

????

I'm glad they do upbeat songs in a cool way, and not just those that are so ridiculously happy to a point when it's just ridiculous. This reminds me of Luna Sea. I like it. 8/10

??

Sounds like a better version of ???. But not by much. It's still pretty forgettable. 6½/10

Seaside Avenue

Basslines. Gotta love those. One of their best upbeat songs. Violins sound great. Dunno what to think about the odd classical part in the end, but maybe it'll grow on me. Other than that, it's almost perfect. 9/10

Farewell Line

Another slow song. Pretty calm, honestly I can't remember much about it. 7/10

??

Best ballad of the album. Piano + violins + vocals = instant win. Especially for me. 8/10

letter

An ok rock song. A bit better than just a filler, but nothing "amazing". 7/10

?????????????

Their best song, ever. Hands down. 10/10

DIRTY STARRY

Fiiilleeer. 6/10

?????

It's ok, not bad, not their best. 7/10

Stay Gold

Too happy for my taste. But it's really well composed. 7/10

I haven't cared about them much lately, since they haven't released anything epic since CROSS. Harusomething was just plain boring. But this regained my faith in them. Some songs are simply awesome, some are ok, but none of the songs suck. Some of these songs have been played since they started, and you can really hear how much they've payed attention to making them perfect. I think I'll be listening to these two for a long time.

I think they were overall beautifully done. I think they have a lot of talent in terms of ballads and more pop/rock sounding songs, but when they try to do heavier stuff it's completely lost on me. I haven't listened to them since Truth, so I this was like a brand new awakening to them for me, I don't think I'll put any songs on my iPod just yet, I want to get more of a feel for them. The lengths of the songs were a little much, some where just entirely too long, but they really know their way around a ballad, imho.

Overall 7.5/10

I honestly am hoping frantic emiry appear sometime in the future, since that was essentially CROSS part two... either way, I found BIRTH to much more endearing that LOVE, then again I've only listened once.

birth = 7

love = 4

I like DaizyStripper more, because there's a shitload of bands who do the same as Frantic Emiry, and beven better than them. DaizyStripper beats the shit out of most poppy VK bands that has ever existed. And overall, they're just so much better at poprock, than wannabe VK metal.

Sign in to follow this