Sign in to follow this  
doaseternity6

MUSE

My roommate really likes them, but he's one of those people who only listen to like 1~2 songs by a band and doesn't look into them any further than that. All I know is that the one song he listens to has the words "hurricane" and "butterfly" in it's name and the vocals piss me off.

A lot of people in the US like them, probably because of Twilight or for some sort of VNV Nation effect.

To me, they are only good live. Most likely because of the fact that the guitar piercing my ears made me forget about his annoying voice. They were epic live, but the studio recordings just don't do it for me.

Well, I don't think so. I've seen them two times, once about three years ago, when they were touring with Black Holes And Revelations, and they were awesome at that time. Bellamy was energetic, communicated with the crowd, and you could tell, that he is enjoying the concert. I was a bit skeptical about their performance, because I couldn't really get into Black Holes And Revelations (imho Origin Of Symmetry was their best release), but at the concert, the songs from that album (If I remember correctly, they played Take A Bow, Map Of The Problematique, Supermassive Black Hole, Soldier's Poem and some more) and at the ending with Knights Of Cydonia, which evolved into a bombastic and psychidelic prog-rock jamming was nothing else but awesome. And that moment when Bellamy played 'Feeling Good', and only he, and his piano were on the stage, was a memorable moment of the concert.

And their concert at Sziget fesztivál some months ago was...well, boring. I must admit, that I REALLY don't like The Resistance, but I thought, that maybe it will change after the concert. Well, not. It was, as I saw, a boring concert, they've played with routine, but without heart. They played their songs, jammed a bit, and went off the stage - maybe the problem was, that the setlist of the two concert were nearly the same (except the songs from the new album), and I remembered, that they can play the songs a lot better. A friend of mine said, that maybe the problem with the concert was, that it didn't had any real highlights, even the encore (Knights Of Cydonia and Plug-In Baby) was nothing catharctic. "It was sex without orgasm." - according to my friend. It was epic, in the sense of that there was a big stage, there was a great beamer behind them, with good and intresting with intresting short-films, and the whole thing was very grandiose, but that's all. I appreciated, that most of the times, they varied the songs, but at the end, it wasn't enough for me. (Or I caught a bad day to watch them.)

so, apparently Matt Bellamy is going to be a daddy with his 9 months girlfriend, Kate Hudson.

It is reported that Hudson has been having bun in the oven for 14 weeks now.

Congrats! :D

so, apparently Matt Bellamy is going to be a daddy with his 9 months girlfriend, Kate Hudson.

My cousin is going to be so disappointed. She literally worships him.

o my, i hope she'll be strong enough to face it. D:

o my, i hope she'll be strong enough to face it. D:

I told her and she died. Thanks a lot Chianti.

I am a die-hard fan of them!!

I loved all their works and Drones confirmed their powerful talent...

The Globalist is on my opinion one of the best songs of the contemporary rock music...

If you hadn't listen to it, you must do that, it is a real musical experience!

To be honest, when I eventually decided on giving them a try after a while (seeing as anything after that album with Starlight and Supermassive something comes out as pseudo-intellectual teen rock mess to me). Definitely sympathizing for their nods to favorite acts with several homages and whatnot ("Reaper" as a case in point), but in the original department it still feels like one hell of a lackluster package. Just what happened to the OoS era of pure pop creativity, "punch" in rockier arrangements and intriguing influence adoptions ("The Globalist" is fine but defo far away from their earlier, superior opuses)?

Lyrical department is cringeworthy as well, tsk tsk tsk Bellamy :/

The lyrics are really lacking here (your ass belongs to me now, JEEEESUS), but at least they are catchy.

I loved The Second Law, The Resistance and Black Holes and Revelations, so this one was kind of a letdown. But it's not bad by any means. Reapers and Psycho are really good and The Globalist is awesome. Too bad there are some really poor ones (Drones, The Handler, Mercy)

Sign in to follow this