Sign in to follow this  
stylelover

Bring me the Horizon

They posted a new song today at their myspace.

Cant really compare the two songs, because they are so different.

FUCK is great. But It never ends is still my favourite.

And i want to hear the songs with LIGHTS so bad.

normally i don't care 'bout lyrics, but unfortunately i can't ignore the lyrics in FUCK... pretty retarded shit, written by a retarded singer

normally i don't care 'bout lyrics, but unfortunately i can't ignore the lyrics in FUCK... pretty retarded shit, written by a retarded singer

Agreed, the lyrics for FUCK is just retarded.

I like count your blessings, and some songs on the 2nd album, such as Death breath, Sleep with one eye open, Diamond's aren't forever and No Need for Introductions, I've Read About Girls Like You on the Back of Toilet Doors

lol when kyo writes random shit (zomboid, pink killer, etc.) he is a fucking genius.

but oli writes random shit and he is a fucking retarded.

i don't get you ppl...

lol when kyo writes random shit (zomboid, pink killer, etc.) he is a fucking genius.

but oli writes random shit and he is a fucking retarded.

i don't get you ppl...

man, how 'bout learn to read huh? normally i don't listen to the lyrics, apart form those u REALLY can't ignore (unfortunately)... and since i don't speak any engrish or jap, i don't give a fcuk what kyo sings (i never even bothered reading the translations)

and one last thing: IF i'd dig the lyrics, it would be weird lyrics - probably like pink killer or zomboid, coz i-no he CAN write some real shit too, unlike oli

Who said I like those songs?

Who said I even like Dir en grey? >___>

it was an example.

man, how 'bout learn to read huh? normally i don't listen to the lyrics, apart form those u REALLY can't ignore (unfortunately)... and since i don't speak any engrish or jap, i don't give a fcuk what kyo sings (i never even bothered reading the translations)

and one last thing: IF i'd dig the lyrics, it would be weird lyrics - probably like pink killer or zomboid, coz i-no he CAN write some real shit too, unlike oli

naa, it all depends on your own sense about things.

I'm only a casual listener, but I find myself listening to them more and more... I found the new album pretty amazing. I like all their stuff equally though (save for that first EP, I just can't get into that so much).

i bought one of their albums like i do everyonce and a while. i hated hated hated it. every song sounded as if it was in the same key. plus i had no idea what type of music it was. i listen to alot of heavy music, but i cant stand it when someones "singing" in english and i still cant understand it!

My favourite album stills remain Suicide Season. Anyway, it's another nice album by them. I am thinking to see them live this January... but I have to hurry up to decide to buy the tickets!

Saw them live several weeks ago, and they were absolutely phenomenal. Their new album is pretty fucking good too.

On that note: I realized no one critiques japanese lyrics, even japanese reviewers and such. Where as most english reviews incorporate lyrical content as another form of their analysis / critique. You can't really critique japanese lyrics because they're not as deep, expressive, and complex as the english language etc. Though some stuff that kyo would say in english back in the day, was pretty odd.

but yeah. sometimes Oli struggles with his vocals, (content wise) others he shows potential.

(save for that first EP, I just can't get into that so much).

I have the same problems with their remix album (Suicide Season: Cut Up!). I have to admit, that I had mixed feeling, when I first heard about the album - the remixers weren't my favourites, but on the other hand, it seemed something intresting, and I wanted to know, how it will sound. I think that my problems with the album is that most of the songs are, well, not so unique, in the sense, that there isn't any 'stand-out' things in them, and they also more softer and acessible, than the original songs are - and I don't think, that BMTH members would want their songs to be softer and easily acessible. xD But the Tek-One remix of Sleep With One Eyen Open is still fantastic, the bastard child of metal and dubstep, with HEAVY wobblers. Luving it. (And The Toxic Avenger and Robotsonics remix is also good)

Anyways, it's still feels a bit strange, that if I would start to play the remixes at a breakbeat party, most of the people would continue to dance, and act like nothing happened.

Now, after much positive feed back that the new album got, i decided to give it a spin. Well now i have to say, that some of their new shit ain't half bad. This is just a first impression though, but they seem to have improved a lot from their first album, which was terrible due to their lack of skill in pretty much everything. Now there's something at least some what interesting happening most of the time, and they have a crap load of energy. We'll see if i'll start to either like, or dislike this in the future.

Edit: Shitty band is still shitty. Why did i ever thought their stuff was not bad i do not know. The drummer plays with one hand, the guitarists suck and i don't think they have a bass player. Also their solo's are worth mentioning since they are fucking terrible ( for example on " Black List " eww ).

With the release of their new album ''That's the spirit'' last week i thought it was time to try and revive this thread. 

So what do you guys think about the album? I did not get into their previous two albums (will give them another try), but this one i really like! Love the 'change' of sound it has compare to their previous work. My favorite tracks so far are: Throne, True Friends, Happy song, Blasphemy and Drown(new).

The only song I liked was the first song. I really wanted to like the album but I miss the emotional screaming of Oli from the last two albums.

I still haven't listened to Sempiternal or That's The Spirit. I did hear Drown when it was first released late last year and thought it was pretty good, though.

But yesterday, I was listening to all their other stuff. I LOVE "SUICIDE SEASON" just as much as I did in 2008, maybe even more. Yesterday was only the second time I listened to "There Is A Hell. Believe Me, I've Seen It..." which is a pity, because it's also a marvellously done album, and an appropriate follow-up to SUICIDE SEASON. Why haven't I listened to that album more often? As for their older stuff, "this is what the edge of your seat was made for" and "COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS." both had a style that I could appreciate, but they both sounded a little monolithic and I wasn't too fond of Oli's shrieks. Although I will say that standout tracks (from those two releases) were "RE: they have no reflections", "A Lot Like Vegas", and "Off The Heezay". Everything else had an enjoyable sound but was a bit too similar. Those two releases will need to be listened to more to be able to find the different things in each track.

count your blessing

Sign in to follow this