Spike760

Sadie

Sadie

305969.jpg

Sadie (???) is a Visual Kei J-Rock Band. Their aggressive and at the same time melodic music has already pushed them to the forefront of the Japanese rock scene. The band started in early 2005 and included the members Aki, Sora, Mao, Mizuki and Tsurugi. In that year, they released the maxi-singles: kokui no shita no yokubou to, kunou no hate ni mita hyakkei no yuritachi and -dekiai-.

In January 2006 drummer Sora left the band because of "artistic differences", thus welcoming the new drummer Kei. Their first mini-album, "The Trend Killer", saw its release on May 3rd, 2006.

Anyone listen to Sadie? I really like them, I have their discography. Although I was very dissapointed with their last release. It was amazing at first, and then it just kind of died off on me. They try to be like Dir en grey too much. I like their guitarists better than Dir en grey's Kaoru or Die. And Mao's voice is better to me than Kyo. But they keep trying to be like them.

I actually really like this band. I think Sadie got big pretty quick. I do think they have yet to develop they're own sound. I also agree with them trying to sound too much like Dir en grey. I do like Mao's voice though, and they're songs. Overall they're a good band.

Indeed. Their next release is Wednsday. I'm kind of nervous, since "The SUICIDE MACHINE" was kind of crappy, but their last single was amazing. So it's like iffy for me, definately excited though. I just hope it's a lot like "GRUDGE OF SORROW", all three of those tracks were awesome!!

Haha yeah me too, I'll be sure to post it once I get my hands on it, since they're pretty popular now, someone might be able to get it before or at least on the release date. Actually now that I think about it, I'm going to back to my apt. though, so I'll be internet-less, but Ito will probably post it if I don't.

I really like Sadie, but I find it amusing because they have the same name as my dog, lmao. They've always sounded a lot like Diru, but I think the more I listen to them the less I think they actually sound like them... But Dir en Grey is Mao's favorite band, lol. I think that some of Mao's screams sound stupid though, like in some parts CHILDREN OF DESPAIR, mousou hi gyaku seiheki, and one other song I can't think of at the moment. Over all very good band, though. I'm looking forward to their new single as well... hopefully it kicks the hell out of "THE SUICIDE MACHINE," well, except for empty room, that song was awesome.

His screams may have sounded bad, but that was some of their first releases. But I think he's progressing. And yeah, "Empty Room" saved that CD, lol.

And Matt, if you like "GRUDGE OF SORROW" you should try "under the chaos" or something, it was off the Trend Killer, it has a really awesome opening riff.

Also I'm downloading "a holy terrors" right now, it'll be up in the downloads soon!!

Yeah I was very impressed with "a holy terrors" although I feel like "Rock'n'Roll Stinky People" the guitar riff is like the exact same as "Machievalism" or w/e by Dir en grey.

I love love Sadie. I thought they sounded amazingly similar to Diru at first to the point where I had to check my player to make sure it hadn't skipped over to a Diru track when I first started listening to Sadie. XD

But, that said, the more I've listened to them, the more uniquely 'not like' Diru they sound now. Sure there's a huge Diru influence that stands out incredibly in their music, but there's also something else that sets them apart that I can't put my finger on. Maybe it's that Sadie is now what Diru might have been had they stayed in the v-k scene and not more westernized metal. I dunno...

I can definitely pick out Sadie in my shuffled playlists just from the lead singer's particular style now. That's something I still have a hard time doing with many other v-k bands since it seems like they all feed off of each other's styles so much, they begin to blend together to my ear.

Yeah they're definitely inspired by Dir en grey, that's a good point that you've made if Dir en grey stayed in the visual scene their music would've sounded like Sadie's. If that was the case, I'd probably have a lot more respect for Dir en grey. I love Sadie's music way over Dir en grey.

my first song of SADIE was Meisai,that song was awesome :)

and for me they just the first SADIE,no next of anybands...altough many ppls said they're sooo...Diru,hm...

Their influence is Dir en grey, that's why everyone compares them to Dir en grey, I think sometimes they sound like Dir en grey, like "THE SUICIDE MACHINE" which is so far their worst release in my opinion, had a lot of songs that reminded a lot of people of Dir en grey, and then I think the last song on the newest single sounded like a past Dir en grey song, but I guess I'm the only one.

But yeah, I guess they've openly admitted that one of their influences was Dir en grey, and it definitely shows through Mao.