Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Kerli

291jayr.jpg

Kerli Kõiv, known simply as Kerli, is an Estonian singer-songwriter. In 2002, she began competing in numerous singing competitions and winning most of them. She later moved to the United States where she was signed to Island Records by L.A. Reid. There, she worked with David Maurice on numerous songs, three of which were released on her EP Kerli. Her debut studio album Love Is Dead was released in 2008.

Kerli - Walking On Air

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXMeZwO2qZ0

Kerli - Army Of Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhgvWLs2rsM

I'm usually incredibly picky when it comes to pop music, but I love Kerli's style of pop. I loved every song of her Love is Dead album and I can't wait for her new album. Plus, she not only writes and composes her music, but does the programming for it too. Which is awesome in my book. I don't know many pop artists who do that. Loving her Zero Gravity single at the moment. That song just kept getting better and better as it progressed. Love the electro/synth-pop direction she's heading in too. And in case anybody mentions this, Kerli was around before Lady Gaga.

Kerli is amazing I love everything she's released :D I remember seeing her Love is Dead album when it came out and I went home adn checked it out after I first saw the album at a store...Instantly hooked :D

Zero Gravity is an amazing track...I cant wait to hear her new album that's supposed to be out this year (hopefully it jas more similar tracks like ZG)

Yay~ Finally a thread for her. I must say I really like how she´s not insecure or embarrassed about her accent. It gives something extra to her music in my opinion. ^_^

Yay~ Finally a thread for her. I must say I really like how she´s not insecure or embarrassed about her accent. It gives something extra to her music in my opinion. ^_^

I agree :D I love Singers who let their accents kick in when they sing instead of trying to hide it

"In May 2012, Kerli wrote on Facebook the album was finished and mastered, and in September confirmed that a single from the album titled "Lucky Ones" would be released in the near future. A&R executive Chris Anokute wrote on Twitter that the album would be released in January 2013."

So excited for this :D

Oh and she has a track on the Frankenweenie soundtrack called "Immortal"

Fun fact: She had written this song for Tarja Turunen (Ex Nightwish vocalist) both versions are amazing (heres Tarja's if you wanna compare differences in the music (not vocals)

)

^ Awesome news. I was hoping for a late 2012 release, but I guess I can wait a bit longer for an early 2013 release. I really love the new electro-pop style she has adopted. And Immortal sounds awesome. I like Tarja's version too, but Kerli really made that song her own.

Also I know she's estonian, but I don't really hear any accent when she speaks or sings. I always figured that was just her natural voice. What I do hear is a Bjork influence in her singing which is no surprise since Bjork happens to be one of her major influences. Listen to a Kerli song and then a Bjork song and you should be able to catch a similar style.

^ Awesome news. I was hoping for a late 2012 release, but I guess I can wait a bit longer for an early 2013 release. I really love the new electro-pop style she has adopted. And Immortal sounds awesome. I like Tarja's version too, but Kerli really made that song her own.

Also I know she's estonian, but I don't really hear any accent when she speaks or sings. I always figured that was just her natural voice. What I do hear is a Bjork influence in her singing which is no surprise since Bjork happens to be one of her major influences. Listen to a Kerli song and then a Bjork song and you should be able to catch a similar style.

i was hoping for a late 2012 releases also..but early 2013 (depending on their definition of "early")..and yeah I think this album will be better than her debut (which is still one of my favs)...Yeah Tarja's version i love so much (was so pissed it wasn't on her american release of What Lies Beneath...we got Silence des Montanas or something like that...dont care for that song) but Kerli's is amazing...I was at a lost for words when I listened to it

Haha yeah I always heard a small accent...but i love accents so i tend to listen closely for them XD;

Not sure if this is true but I found this on a website

"Lucky Ones" is an upcoming single from Kerli's upcoming second studio album.

It was thought to be released on September 18th, but the information turned out to be false...The release date is October 29, 2012..:)"

new album release is in Spring 2013 (woot hopefully around the same time as the english Hyperdimension Neptunia V <3) and is titled "Utopia" (...i believe)

heres her new single "Lucky Ones" (its amazing <3)

and tyDi (an australian trance artist(?)) and her did a song together called "Glow In the Dark" (i might prefer this one at the moment...its more relaxing to me)

The release date of her album keeps getting pushed back. It's kinda of annoying. >.< I hope this will be the actual time they release the album and don't change it again.

The Lucky Ones is a good song, but it's the most mainstream sounding song she's done in her career. Kinda preferring the collaboration she did with tyDi better.

This sounds pretty amazing...

M1B6bL2YFy4

I agree about Lucky Ones...hopefully the whole album isn't alot of mainstream stuff...but its Kerli...so I'd love it anyways lol ^^;

and YES!!!! I love that collab <3..its amazingly amazing

hopefully Zero Gravity and Army of Love will be included on the albums (they were just like buzz singles..so its likely they wont be on the album)

KInda messed up her songs for her second album leaked. Instead she released an EP from the few select that weren't. That being said Utopia may only be an EP, but it's one of the best pop releases I've heard for 2013. Not surprising since it's from Kerli.

I love the positive energy Utopia had and the mix of electronic/piano songs. And I didn't really like the Lucky Ones at first, but it really grew on me. It's extremely catchy. It managed to chart in the U.S too so that's a plus for Kerli. She's so incredibly underrated it's not even funny. 

Sign in to follow this