Sign in to follow this  
jurideluhi

(review) born-BLACK BORN MARKET

good release from them this time. I think the track "ruisai no hana" they remastered it. I like this version than ahm version. I hope for more of "fragrance noise" or "felony" but what a disappointment :DUUR:

"more deep" has a great intro! I love it. :staru:

overall : 8.4/10

I thoroughly enjoyed this release. I agree that there were some funny moments, like the intro and the english parts in "My Sweet Black", but for the most part I loved it. I like the style of this band and look forward to the next one. 9/10

7/10.

My rating is given on the basis that the intro was lame (as all intros are) and that the quality of the songs aren't what I'm accustomed to from BORN. Most of their releases beforehand were two or three songs and each were of higher quality. Here, they broke up what is essentially an album of songs into three mini's and these songs, which while still good, can be a lot better. I get a sense of laziness out of MY SWEET BLACK and more Deep that screams "hey we could make this a lot better but what the hell? it's fine as is". Considering that there were only three new songs on this release that's a little suspicious. I would also call the re-recording of Ruisai no Hana "lazy" as well but it's such an astronomical improvement over the -A.H.M.- version that I'll leave it be. I'd call Sasabari C the best song off this mini.

BORN can do better. They proved it with felony, COBRA and RADICAL HYSTERIA.

MY SWEET BLACK - I was completely appalled by the intro; I hope Ryouga never attempts Engrish like that EVER AGAIN. But I have to say the rest of the song has really grown on me, it's rather catchy. The song's highlight (IMO) was the pre-chorus verse (0:53 - 1:13), I completely adore how Ryouga uses his voice to reach those notes.

4/5

more Deep - Good intro, but that's about it. I'm liking the chugging guitar riffs and KIFUMI's bass-lines though. The song isn't bad, but it isn't very memorable.

3/5

???? - Sounds much better than it's previous version, but that's about it.

3.5/5

??? - Nice powerful opening, and amazing bass-lines. It's a pretty crazy song; it seems as if they just threw a bunch of stuff together, but surprisingly it worked!

4/5

BLACK BORN MARKET - 3/5

I have to thank PSC for giving BORN access to a much better production value; I love how I can hear every single detail now. I'm really anxious to hear the next two minis, let's hope they get even more better by each release!

My Sweet Black - Well when I heard the preview for this song I was seriously upset. It just seemed so uninteresting. I was dead wrong! I love the song now. The prechorus is the best part of the song. That being said, the whole song is still pretty good. It has a danceable drum beat that I really like and the chorus seems a bit sinister. I could imagine dirty things happening in a music video for this (cough ScReW's Gather Roses cough) I'm new to BORN but after hearing felony I was very interested. I'm glad this song doesn't dissappoint.

more Deep- The intro is awesome!! This a song that could totally pump me up for doing a run or biking trails. The verse was really nice too. I like the lead guitar riffs during it. The prechorus fits in so well with the chorus! I love it in VK when the singer whispers random stuff. The chorus was great and the favourite of all the previews. The solo's good too. And the bridge(?) was really nice, it would be awesome to see this song done live. My favourite song on this mini album.

Ruisai No Hana- I liked a lot. My favourite parts were the chorus and the rapping parts of the verse. Unfortunately this time the vocalist made it more melodic, I liked it better when his voice was filled with some kind of contempt as if he was snarling the lyrics. I still prefer the new recording than the old one. I really like the bass in this song. It really flows nicely during the song especially during the rapping part. The solo was good, but nothing mind blowing. The chorus is really good and I could really hear the emotion behind the vocalists. A lot of times, vocalists emotional gasps during singing are annoying but not very much in this case. I really like the song.

ranshi°C - This song kind of screamed...GIRUGAMESH to me if I ignored the differences in the voices of Ryouga and Satoshi. The chorus has a nice beat though. My least favourite song of the mini-album

All in all, it was a good release and debut on indie psc! Glad they finally joined the pscompany family. I can't wait for Black Theory Mania!! I <3 Innocent Bullet!! after felony and the fragance noise it's my favourite song! By the way the album covers are really intense!! I love them all.

Quick Review

THE ANTHEM - Shitty intro, and no I don't care if you worship the devil. 1/10

MY SWEET ANTHEM - Good song though not great. 7/10

more Deep - My favorite song from the mini. I love everything about it. 9/10

???? - Nice intro that's all. 6/10

??? - My second favorite song from the mini, though what I hate about this one is that stupid honking. 8/10

Overall: 7.5/10

Actually TBH it's the first release by them I kind of enjoyed, but I still see some shitty PSC influence. Anyway looking forward to the other minis :D

but I still see some shitty PSC influence.
well i see some shit in your talking actually.

1. you cant "still" see psc influence cause this is their first psc release.

2. the style of this albums great music is the same as born had before, nothing really changed except increased production quality.

my opinion: cool mini album, more Deep is the best song of the mini, the remake of ...hana is nice, and the other 2 are cool "fun" tracks.

and the album covers are the best cd covers ever made. epic without end.

7,5/10

i am looking forward for the other 2.

Judging from the cover, shallow i know, it looks good xD

the third one, with the guy having his face on fire (i think) seems awesome. Looking from the preview before. I can't remember the second cover art, though :/

i didn't get into born until red cobra, so i may not familiar with their earlier works.

I enjoyed overall of this single after few listens.

... And i still giggles over the intro laugh.

I am thinking to make a ringtone out of it, actually xD

expecially the music was very electronic sounding, just my taste.

I'm too lazy to write a full review. So anyways, i hadn't heard of born until the news about joining indie psc so i downloaded a few things and really liked them. I thought this was an enjoyable mini-album. Didn't care for the intro but i usually delete intro's anyways so no big deal. I hadn't heard Rusai no Hana before so i count that as new and really liked it. 4 (for me) new songs and i enjoyed them all.

8/10

Not the best i've heard but a nice mini album that i really enjoy.

I tried this release but couldn't get past the first song after intro. Had to give up after less than a minute. Not good at all.

I tried this release but couldn't get past the first song after intro. Had to give up after less than a minute. Not good at all.
ha! this is new!

judging a release after hearing the first real song for one minute!

i will keep this technique, prevents me from discovering shitty music for sure!

ha! this is new!

judging a release after hearing the first real song for one minute!

i will keep this technique, prevents me from discovering shitty music for sure!

lol. Imo you need to discover other born's music. born is one of the best vk indies around.

I didn't say the whole release sucked. But when the first song is so bad and annoying you just can't listen through it it's not something too good.

I have a policy I picked up several years ago and that is to give every album/single/ep i download at least ten listens. So I am not finished with this release. So stop being so cheeky and tough. That's lame since you don't know anything about how I listen to music.

But it's still not a good sign when a song is so ba you can't listen to it. That's just a fact and denying that is stupid. Amazing for you, bad for me. But as stated I will give the single more listens. At least I'll try getting through it as hard as I can. But stop judging me guys. :)

I stopped after the first 2 tracks.

The Anthem- Was lame, if your going to worship the dude do it right

MY SWEET ANTHEM- boring and loud, never a good thing

after that i was like " SEIKIMA-II time"

Just because a band has joined PSC doesn't make them bad. Think of the many good bands PSC has.

Now my review. Please note that I haven't heard the remastered songs and that I cannot compare it to the old versions (yeah I'm too lazy to listen XD)

THE ANTHEM - Good intro to the next song, not too long either. I like it because they yell: WELCOME TO THE SIX SIX SIX. Now I can use it as my intro music (Phones666, get it? XD) Love the laugh as well. Probably would've rated it lower if it haven't had the 666 part in it. 8/10

MY SWEET BLACK - I like it! Really badass. I love it how I can better hear the details. PSC has nothing changed about their style, the only change is the difference in quality. Chorus could've been a bit better than it was, but still good. 9/10

more Deep - Love the backing screams. I think this is a good song, I love the solo. Screams were good, but I don't like it is as much as MY SWEET BLACK. Probably because after the first listen I only remembered that there was screamo in the chorus. 8/10

???? - A slower song. First it was kind of boring me, but after a few more listens I really started to like it. Chorus could have been better. 7.5/10

?? °? - A rather short song, I see. I like the intro. It' makes me want to jump for some reason. The bass is really enjoyable in this song. Too bad it's so short. 8/10

Overall rating: 8/10

BORN did a really good job with this mini-album in my opinion. I'm looking forward to their new mini-album next month!

Just because a band has joined PSC doesn't make them bad. Think of the many good bands PSC has.
Uhm. Indies PSC? I can't think of none right now.
Major: the GazettE, Alice Nine, Kagrra,

Indies: ViViD, D=OUT, BORN.

Uhm. Indies PSC? I can't think of none right now.
Major: the GazettE, Alice Nine, Kagrra,

Indies: ViViD, D=OUT, BORN.

About major PSC I agree only on the GazettE and Kaggra. About Indie PSC: I still can't say if BORN is bad nor good, and Dauto haven't released anything with PSC yet so we don't know that, besides, they were good with SPEED DISK. And about ViViD, well we already took like 2 pages arguing about that before.

Sign in to follow this