Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

Seremedy major debut album "Welcome to our MADNESS" release

Seremedy (Swedish visual rock band with YOHIO on guitar) will do major debut and

release 1st full album "Welcome to our MADNESS" (UICN-1012, Universal Music Japan) on 2012/7/25.

Tracklist:

1. Welcome to our MADNESS -Intro-

2. NO ESCAPE

3. Déjà Vu

4. SIREN (Falling Down)

5. WORLD DOMINATION

6. Always By Your Side

7. RICOCHET

8. Torygan

9. SHIVERING

10. Yellow flash, dancing light

11. Bulletproof Roulette

12. closure

no offense, but some of those titles...

though I'll admit to having liked what I heard from bulletproof roulette...

I don't know whether I want to want this to be good or not.

Sigh, thought this was for visual kei related news, guess i was wrong :/

Actually, this is for J-rock related news, visual or not. Hence the section title "Japanese Rock". So.... I dunno, maybe this should probably better be posted in the European section? Then again, it's on Universal Music Japan, so yeah.

Yohio's stuff posted here, I don't see why shoud this be in another section, it will surely be their japanese debut, so...

Simply because these guys have nothing to do with visual kei/j-rock

They're swedish for crying out loud, a western imposter has nothing to do with anything related to japan.

It's like comparing a sandwich with a cake, both delicious at times, but very different.

Couldn't care less about where they're from, they're just another bad band trying to be like all the other 234984 VK bands out there. Same ol same ol, be it from Japan or Sweden.

The only remotely good thing about this band is the guitarist, he's even a better singer than this band's singer. Wonder why he's still in this band.

I posted it here because of they're doing major debut on Universal Music Japan and the album is Japanese, but move it if you want ;P

The only remotely good thing about this band is the guitarist, he's even a better singer than this band's singer. Wonder why he's still in this band.

THIS!

If they actually were a decent band, they should get rid of that crappy singer long time ago... He is so ruining the whole band.

I posted it here because of they're doing major debut on Universal Music Japan and the album is Japanese, but move it if you want ;P

Naw, it's ok. Being released on a japanese label is good enough reason for me to leave it here. I'm not going to move around topics based on the racial makeup of band members.

Speaking of which, I can't help to think that if this was some random vk indies band made up of japanese boys, they would be getting a lot less hate and a lot more drool around here, even with the weak vocalist and plain compositions.

Naw, it's ok. Being released on a japanese label is good enough reason for me to leave it here. I'm not going to move around topics based on the racial makeup of band members.

Speaking of which, I can't help to think that if this was some random vk indies band made up of japanese boys, they would be getting a lot less hate and a lot more drool around here, even with the weak vocalist and plain compositions.

Indeed, sounds like the same generic bullshit you hear from Japanese bands. Don't understand all the hate myself.

Indeed, sounds like the same generic bullshit you hear from Japanese bands. Don't understand all the hate myself.

Visual kei fans have an aversion to anything made by people not Japanese, anyone not dressed in gawfy dark "kvlt klothes" or rainbow vomitus, and music that's not chugalug metalcore or nyappy pop rock. It is known.

If anything, the paradoxical struggle between wishing to keep visual kei underground and wishing for mainstream acceptance of visual kei is neatly embodied in the existence of this band. No matter which way the tide turns, haters gon' hate. And that's just pretty sad, because in the grand scheme of things they're both unique and generic at the same time. Or are the visceral reactions the result of what happens when the mystique of the visual in visual kei is subdued and leaves the music, however good or bad, to stand for itself? Think about that for a few seconds.

Now to jump off the bandwagon: I also notice a complete lack Japanese in the tracklist, which is a surprise to me. I would like to wager that they're going to be doing something completely original, but expecting anything is the first step to being disappointed in visual kei music, Japanese or no.

Hodor.

Visual kei fans have an aversion to anything made by people not Japanese, anyone not dressed in gawfy dark "kvlt klothes" or rainbow vomitus, and music that's not chugalug metalcore or nyappy pop rock. It is known.

Quite true.

Don't see the hate for a band that's trying to make a break by doing something they love. The hate is pathetic.

If anything, the paradoxical struggle between wishing to keep visual kei underground and wishing for mainstream acceptance of visual kei is neatly embodied in the existence of this band. No matter which way the tide turns, haters gon' hate. And that's just pretty sad, because in the grand scheme of things they're both unique and generic at the same time. Or are the visceral reactions the result of what happens when the mystique of the visual in visual kei is subdued and leaves the music, however good or bad, to stand for itself? Think about that for a few seconds.

Now to jump off the bandwagon: I also notice a complete lack Japanese in the tracklist, which is a surprise to me. I would like to wager that they're going to be doing something completely original, but expecting anything is the first step to being disappointed in visual kei music, Japanese or no.

Hodor.

The ironic thing I find is a lot of Visual Kei fans want to be in a Visual Kei band and want to be Visual Kei, and be a part of the Visual Kei club scene BUT FUCK THAT IF SOME OTHER WHITE PERSON DOES IT!

Its not because they're swedish but more so because they just fail at it and basically just ripping other bands. i don't mind that they're inspired by visual kei or whatever but at least TRY to be innovative...

The ironic thing I find is a lot of Visual Kei fans want to be in a Visual Kei band and want to be Visual Kei, and be a part of the Visual Kei club scene BUT FUCK THAT IF SOME OTHER WHITE PERSON DOES IT!

LOL, I find this to be VERY similar to the "hipster" phenomenon. No matter how similar you dress to other hipsters, listen to the same music, buy the same specific brands (Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, American Spirit cigarettes, etc), it's always everyone else who's the "lame hipster," not you. All about exclusivity.

As far as my take on Seremedy/YOHIO, I treat this the same as if any other random-ass Japanese VK band suddenly got a major label deal (like "NEOPHILIA", wtf): I don't get it. Good for these guys for knowing how to work the system and make money, but... they're not for me.

what the hell, okay why can't i figure out how to delete a post? i thought i have before and its most likely right in front of my eyes but i can't figure it out sorry.

^ You can only delete posts if nobody else has replied to the thread yet. Meaning, once there is another post made after the one you want to delete, it's no longer possible.

Hm, it seems that I accidentally deleted Zess longer reply, when I tried to delete AltermaliceNero's posts with the same content. Sorry for it, I had no intention to censor anything, just forgot that coffee comes first and moderation after it.

^ Yeah Yohio was, they didn't even mention visual, but that Yohio is a guy who looks like a girl that plays Japanese Music, but he isnt Japanese, but swedish, and that he is a guy.

AND CAN I SAY ---------------->JIMMY<--------------ANYONE??

Sign in to follow this