Ito

Game of Thrones

yeahhhh...not sure what to think about the latest ep. just yet.

I know that they're trying to bring things full circle, but am I the only one that thinks the writing/plots as of late have been a little too convenient? Perhaps I feel like this due to them moving into uncharted territories...

Also, the entire dorne arc is probably one of the most uninteresting of series...but with that said, I've also enjoyed it in a weird way. It's nice to see some actual sane ppl on the show, even if the arc is pretty uneventful imo.

Lastly

pretty sure jorah touched dany, who then held missandei's hand. =|

I'm just curious what you feel is convenient? I feel like we're just finally getting the things they've been promising us for the last 4 seasons... but maybe we're thinking of different plot points? Afaik we're only getting 7 seasons total so they have to start tying up some loose ends to get this mess together. xD

I feel like they aren't giving Dorne justice at all. The Sand Snakes seem so pitiful. I am so disappointed with them. OTL But I agree about the Dornish maybe being the only sane ones. lol.

Theories abound again, but from what I can find, he would have to touch her with an infected part of his body to spread it. There is also the rumor that Targs are immune to greyscale all together. I wonder if he's gonna a be Drogo pt.2. >>;;;;;

I'm just curious what you feel is convenient? I feel like we're just finally getting the things they've been promising us for the last 4 seasons... but maybe we're thinking of different plot points? Afaik we're only getting 7 seasons total so they have to start tying up some loose ends to get this mess together. xD

I feel like they aren't giving Dorne justice at all. The Sand Snakes seem so pitiful. I am so disappointed with them. OTL But I agree about the Dornish maybe being the only sane ones. lol.

Theories abound again, but from what I can find, he would have to touch her with an infected part of his body to spread it. There is also the rumor that Targs are immune to greyscale all together. I wonder if he's gonna a be Drogo pt.2. >>;;;;;

I guess I'm speaking specifically about the Tyrion situation. I feel like him hooking up with Dany was super convenient and "easy", despite the journey he took there - if that makes any sense. Don't get me wrong, the scene where they first came together in the fighting pit was awesome and definitely a huge moment, but I felt like things went a bit too smoothly afterwards. I felt like how quickly Dany accepted Tyrion made her appear kind of weak and desperate, but then again, maybe that was just a testament to how well Tyrion can talk himself out of and into situations? Idk

also the scene with Dany flying away on the dragon, and the dragon itself appearing out of nowhere was kinda cheesy?

And yeah, I guess the Dorne scenes were fun, but yeah...I expected more from the sand snakes too (and i haven't even read the books). I feel like the characters in Dorne are great, but the plot maybe under utilized them?

Well, on defense of the dragon's sudden appearance, if they sense a mother in danger, they (or rather in this case, one) comes to the rescue. Same thing happened in past seasons. My only gripe with the dome part is the ending... she just upped and left her most trusted pals? Not cool.

Aside from that, the Stannis we knew and respected is all gone. Big props to the daughter actress who played the part so well that I had such a hard time sleeping last night.

Well, on defense of the dragon's sudden appearance, if they sense a mother in danger, they (or rather in this case, one) comes to the rescue. Same thing happened in past seasons. My only gripe with the dome part is the ending... she just upped and left her most trusted pals? Not cool.

I think that has to do with the fact that she's got no control over them. If she stayed and tried to save them, they, or other innocent people, would easily have been hurt by the dragon. That's how I see it at least.

Aside from that, the Stannis we knew and respected is all gone. Big props to the daughter actress who played the part so well that I had such a hard time sleeping last night.

I don't get this hate for Stannis. He's grown on me with each season, and in yesterday's episode he got up with the big names of the series for me. He's such a dedicated and decisive man. I fucking love him.

I don't get this hate for Stannis. 

really? i mean, you don't have to agree with it, but 

it is pretty easy to 'get', that a man burning a child to death, simply to not appear weak

is a pretty hate-able trait

Stannis is the typical tragic Greek Hero, and that is why for me, he is one of the strongest characters in the show -- and him killing his daughter only adds to how great of a character he truly is. For power, and for him to claim his right as a Baratheon and take the Iron Throne, he is sacrificing everything dear to him. He's a man that has no support other than his soldiers and advisers, and that has forced him to become desperate. In his arc, I have no doubt Stannis will pay for what he did in some form or the other, and Melisandre has got to go, so it's going to be amazing to see what Stannis' fate will be. He won't be King, that's for sure.

Stannis is a terrible person in the story for what he has done; but his character has more depth than most main characters combined.

I guess I'm speaking specifically about the Tyrion situation. I feel like him hooking up with Dany was super convenient and "easy", despite the journey he took there - if that makes any sense. Don't get me wrong, the scene where they first came together in the fighting pit was awesome and definitely a huge moment, but I felt like things went a bit too smoothly afterwards. I felt like how quickly Dany accepted Tyrion made her appear kind of weak and desperate, but then again, maybe that was just a testament to how well Tyrion can talk himself out of and into situations? Idk

also the scene with Dany flying away on the dragon, and the dragon itself appearing out of nowhere was kinda cheesy?

And yeah, I guess the Dorne scenes were fun, but yeah...I expected more from the sand snakes too (and i haven't even read the books). I feel like the characters in Dorne are great, but the plot maybe under utilized them?

As for the first part, they cut out a lot of things that happens to Tyrion between when he leaves Westeros and when he ends up in Meereen, including but not limited to:

• Making a mockery of himself as a dwarf to survive
  • Running into some very important people that have not been introduced
  • Somewhat falling in love with another dwarf
  • Lots and lots of walking, rowing, and almost dying

It takes him about half of ADWD to get anywhere close to Meereen. I believe D&D shortened his storyline to keep people interested which I think was a good move. Also because some characters have taken the place of other characters, the entire events of Meereen are unfolding way differently than they did in the books so some things have to be convenient for the sake of brevity.

As for the spoiler stuff:

That's not exactly how it happens in the books, but it gets to the same end anyway. Her betrothed tried to poison her with candied locusts or some other treat, which was eaten up by a character named Strong Belwas who is not in the show. He was able to survive being poisoned but was severely injured, but in the books it was Barristan and Grey Worm that defended Daenerys until Drogon came. Jorah was with Tyrion on his way back to Meereen (and they were almost there too).

We also know that Drogon never goes too far from his Mommy too because he's visited her 2 or 3 times this season. Combine the noise of the uprising with the stench of blood and that's exactly why Drogon showed up. As a matter of fact, it begs the question of if Drogon will show up anytime people kill each other in the fighting pits because that would be ... kinda bad.

Also, the entire plot with Dorne is such a fucking nightmare. Easily the lowest part of this season, filled with cliche lines, bad fight scenes, bad acting, bad everything...but that's what happens when you completely diverge from the books and try to write in filler that doesn't fit. Jaime and Bronn aren't even supposed to be there. They're supposed to be going in the opposite direction because anyone that's paying attention knows the real war is coming from the North. The whole drama with the Sand Snakes was supposed to involve people they decided to not introduce this season so I cannot comment any more on this.

The only saving grace is Alexander Siddig kicking ass.

I think that has to do with the fact that she's got no control over them. If she stayed and tried to save them, they, or other innocent people, would easily have been hurt by the dragon. That's how I see it at least.

Minor spoilers:

Targaryens are prone to insanity and moments of madness. If you put two and two together you already know who is behind her assassination attempt. When she figures out who is behind all of this, she's going to snap (although the exact moment of this will not be clear unless they emphasize it). Once she snaps, I don't think she'll care who was innocent and who wasn't. Burn them all! I actually will not be surprised if she flies back on Drogon and razes the whole city to the ground to prove a point

Bigger spoilers:

ALSO the one thing the show is really forgetting to mention is that Daenerys is not popular not only with the Son of the Harpies in Meereen, but also with the other Free Cities in Essos. They're all going to go to war with her for disrupting the slave trade. So Meereen is about to get attacked at some point in the show.

Stannis is the typical tragic Greek Hero, and that is why for me, he is one of the strongest characters in the show -- and him killing his daughter only adds to how great of a character he truly is. For power, and for him to claim his right as a Baratheon and take the Iron Throne, he is sacrificing everything dear to him. He's a man that has no support other than his soldiers and advisers, and that has forced him to become desperate. In his arc, I have no doubt Stannis will pay for what he did in some form or the other, and Melisandre has got to go, so it's going to be amazing to see what Stannis' fate will be. He won't be King, that's for sure.

Stannis is a terrible person in the story for what he has done; but his character has more depth than most main characters combined.

He had no choice. Winter is coming and he has no supplies, fewer men, less food, etc. Every time he listens to Melisandre things work out. Every time he doesn't, things go very badly. He either freezes to death, runs out of supplies and dies starving, dies fighting Ramsay who has better positioning than him, dies on his way back to The Wall (who can't help him anyway), or trusts his god who is (in his eyes) the only thing that has his back. His biggest mistake was leaving Castle Black to begin with IMO, but in the eyes of religious extremism burning his daughter to save his people makes sense. Kind of.

Not really but you get my point yes?

bruh...

Stannis sacrificed everything, and then lost everything. Despite his atrocities, I couldn't help but feel bad for him. Was kinda hoping Brienne would "overlook" her duty just once, but that's like asking the sun not to rise and given her character's background, that wouldn't have been believable anyways. Stannis was a great character, though. I think he knew that it was over when Melisandre abandoned him, but he marched to his death anyways. Ironically, His honor and dedication to his duty was not unlike that of Brienne's.

For Ramsey, that battle was just like going out to lunch. Hopefully Theon broke Sansa's fall :lol:

I kinda figured something would happen with Dorne. Things were a little TOO peachy. I knew that farewell kiss was pretty odd. Also, WEIRDEST father-daughter moment ever. Still seems like a wasted arc tho

I felt worse for Lena Headey than I did Cersei...and LMAO @ franken-knight XD (edit: apparently that was a body double, haha)

It's insane that the watch are still being so petty after what Jon went through (and the other members of the watch that accompanied him). Alliser Thorne has been manning the wall for quite some time, so he HAS to know that Jon's actions make a certain amount of sense, right? I guess he can't see pass his own hateful, small-mindedness? Oh well, I think we all hope Jon isn't actually dead. Where the hell is Ghost at and why didn't he help?

Glad to see Varys again. Easily one of my favorite characters. I wonder if he's still gonna be around when/if Dany returns? And if so, is she going to approve of him? If that turns out the case, she should since Jorah is also there.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Dothraki. I haven't really cared much for the Mereen arc as a whole, so i'm happy to see some sort of progression.

Glad to see Meryn Trant go. Definitely curious to see what happens to Arya.

It's interesting how they've basically moved pass the books now. I wonder how they're going to end things and how much different things will be from the unreleased books. Will the show affect Martin's writing? I also wonder how this is going to affect fans who have read the books.

I've a feeling that next season will be chock full of revelations.

I've heard multiple times that GRRM told the show runners the end game, but who knows if that means they will stick to it. They've cut so many characters out at this point, they could paint themselves into a corner, so to speak.

Stannis is a character I never found relateable. He was always cold and stern and he died a soldier's death which is all I came to expect. Maybe a little more grand, but eh, Brienne needed a reason to be there, I guess. Having her there the entire time just to NOT see Sansa's damn candle kinda had me flipping tables though haha.

I really hope they give Sansa some Lady Stoneheart qualities while she's off doing whatever she's going to do now. I guess find her brothers? 

It is far too convenient to have Melisandre just make it back to Castle Black right before that happens to Jon. 

How the hell did that Dothraki hoard get there from seemingly no where???? Do we think they saw her with Drogon and followed her there? Wherever she is now....

Stannis is a character I never found relateable. He was always cold and stern and he died a soldier's death which is all I came to expect. Maybe a little more grand, but eh, Brienne needed a reason to be there, I guess. Having her there the entire time just to NOT see Sansa's damn candle kinda had me flipping tables though haha.

I really hope they give Sansa some Lady Stoneheart qualities while she's off doing whatever she's going to do now. I guess find her brothers?

It is far too convenient to have Melisandre just make it back to Castle Black right before that happens to Jon.

How the hell did that Dothraki hoard get there from seemingly no where???? Do we think they saw her with Drogon and followed her there? Wherever she is now....

I didn't necessarily find Stannis relatable, but I could understand his actions given the context. As a whole I thought he was a great character, though. I feel like what made him interesting was that he was a very gray character. But gray moreso because of his circumstances, and not his personality/inner-conflicts (as you pointed out, he was very one-dimensional). He did a lot of despicable things, but because of his circumstances, he was also allied with a few beloved characters and opposed ppl that in my opinion were just as bad, if not worse (like the Boltons, the Lannisers, etc). So in a way, I was half-way rooting for him. I wouldn't have liked to see him on the iron throne though (altho he probably would have been better suited than Robert and definiteley Joffrey). We also didn't see him die for sure, but I doubt Brienne would keep him alive since she's practically been living for that moment. At anyrate, I think his arc provided an interesting point of view.

I hope they find a way to make Sansa's arc more interesting. Although I don't have high hopes for her survival, unless she meets up with Brienne...but then where would they go? The brotherhood without banners?

The show creators and Kit himself is saying that Jon is dead for good, but...I can't bring myself to believe that. =| I do find issue with that scene, though...because if they wanted to kill Jon, wouldn't they burn him too?

Well, at least Dany can speak their language lmao ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, I think the Lannisters have pretty much paid their debts for all the shit they've done so far. In my books at least ;3

Seems like there's now two Stark cripples. D:

I just realized they've killed off one king each season. Unless Stannis is alive and he's Brienne's bitch now.

The rise and fall of Jaime Lannister's storyline. It was one of the best in season 3, now it's pretty dull.

Tyrion (and Varys) deliver quality as always. Love these two. Looks like Dany found her new army? I was worried about Drogon though, eating Sons of Harpy's is not good for his health.

Jon Snow about to be a new follower of the Lord of Light if you know what I mean. XD

I didn't necessarily find Stannis relatable, but I could understand his actions given the context. As a whole I thought he was a great character, though. I feel like what made him interesting was that he was a very gray character. But gray moreso because of his circumstances, and not his personality/inner-conflicts (as you pointed out, he was very one-dimensional). He did a lot of despicable things, but because of his circumstances, he was also allied with a few beloved characters and opposed ppl that in my opinion were just as bad, if not worse (like the Boltons, the Lannisers, etc). So in a way, I was half-way rooting for him. I wouldn't have liked to see him on the iron throne though (altho he probably would have been better suited than Robert and definiteley Joffrey). We also didn't see him die for sure, but I doubt Brienne would keep him alive since she's practically been living for that moment. At anyrate, I think his arc provided an interesting point of view.

I hope they find a way to make Sansa's arc more interesting. Although I don't have high hopes for her survival, unless she meets up with Brienne...but then where would they go? The brotherhood without banners?

The show creators and Kit himself is saying that Jon is dead for good, but...I can't bring myself to believe that. =| I do find issue with that scene, though...because if they wanted to kill Jon, wouldn't they burn him too?

Well, at least Dany can speak their language lmao ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm so bitter they are making us wait until next season to basically find out if EVERYONE who "died" is actually dead. But true, Stannis could join up with Brienne, I just don't find that fitting to either of their character types. 

I think Sansa is about to get a lot more interesting. The Lady Stoneheart (Spoilers for Brienne and Jaime on that page so be warned!) plot is full of murder and revenge originally for Catelyn Stark and it feels like they've been giving Sansa more and more Catelyn parallels. 

The Jon thing... I feel like they are being clever. Jon Snow may be dead. But there's all the right players for something big to happen from this "death".

Tyrion (and Varys) deliver quality as always. Love these two. Looks like Dany found her new army? I was worried about Drogon though, eating Sons of Harpy's is not good for his health.

Jon Snow about to be a new follower of the Lord of Light if you know what I mean. XD

I am really hoping this Dothraki hoard came to her because they saw the dragon and either heard of her or are led from someone from the old hoard who still has loyalties to her. That would be awesome!

Yesss. I am so hoping he is Azor Ahai. ;~;

bruh...

Stannis sacrificed everything, and then lost everything. Despite his atrocities, I couldn't help but feel bad for him. Was kinda hoping Brienne would "overlook" her duty just once, but that's like asking the sun not to rise and given her character's background, that wouldn't have been believable anyways. Stannis was a great character, though. I think he knew that it was over when Melisandre abandoned him, but he marched to his death anyways. Ironically, His honor and dedication to his duty was not unlike that of Brienne's.

For Ramsey, that battle was just like going out to lunch. Hopefully Theon broke Sansa's fall :lol:

I kinda figured something would happen with Dorne. Things were a little TOO peachy. I knew that farewell kiss was pretty odd. Also, WEIRDEST father-daughter moment ever. Still seems like a wasted arc tho

I felt worse for Lena Headey than I did Cersei...and LMAO @ franken-knight XD (edit: apparently that was a body double, haha)

It's insane that the watch are still being so petty after what Jon went through (and the other members of the watch that accompanied him). Alliser Thorne has been manning the wall for quite some time, so he HAS to know that Jon's actions make a certain amount of sense, right? I guess he can't see pass his own hateful, small-mindedness? Oh well, I think we all hope Jon isn't actually dead. Where the hell is Ghost at and why didn't he help?

Glad to see Varys again. Easily one of my favorite characters. I wonder if he's still gonna be around when/if Dany returns? And if so, is she going to approve of him? If that turns out the case, she should since Jorah is also there.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Dothraki. I haven't really cared much for the Mereen arc as a whole, so i'm happy to see some sort of progression.

Glad to see Meryn Trant go. Definitely curious to see what happens to Arya.

It's interesting how they've basically moved pass the books now. I wonder how they're going to end things and how much different things will be from the unreleased books. Will the show affect Martin's writing? I also wonder how this is going to affect fans who have read the books.

I've a feeling that next season will be chock full of revelations.

Now I don't have to hold back anymore because there's nothing left to spoil! Wear your tinfoil everyone theories are incoming.

It's not wasted at all! Remember 3 key things:

1. Cersei's prophecy stated that she will lose all three of her children. She's already lost Joffrey and Myrcella leaving Tommen to be the last one to die.
  2. Doran Martell (king of Dorne) told the Sand Snakes that if they ever betray him again it's death for all of them. They did just that by killing the betrothed of their prince while the prince was on board! Talk about putting Your Majesty in danger!
  3. The marriage between Martell and Lannister was designed to keep the peace and unite the two countries, who otherwise can't stand each other.

In other words, that was tantamount to declaring war on the Lannisters. And considering what Cersei just went through, she's not going to take the news of Myrcella's death too well. So in short, this arc was all build-up for next season.

Jon isn't dead by virtue of what makes "good writing". It makes no sense to invest five seasons in a character to kill him off before he finishes developing. I have thoughts as to what is going to happen from here.

Melisandre coming back to The Wall was not a coincidence. What I think happened is that right before the last episode starts, Melisandre gets a prophecy off-screen which states that Stannis is not Azor Ahai and that it's really Jon Snow. Her leaving Stannis was probably a mixture of shame and guilt at being terrible at interpreting her visions. Stannis took her leave as a symbol that he's fated to die and he "did his duty" as he always has. She leaves to The Wall to be by Jon's side only for Jon to get stabbed up later that night. From the books, we know that The Wall holds latent magical properties because it can repel the White Walkers, can only be taken down with the magical Horn of Joramund, and Mel even quips in the book that her powers are strongest there. She's basically going to revive Jon Snow using the same magic that Thoros used to revive Beric in season 3, maybe at the expense of her life. After Jon comes back, he's free to do whatever. The vows of the Night's Watch state that they hold only until death. It says nothing about what happens when you come back.

Now if Jon is still Jon by the time Mel gets to him is another story entirely but I don't see another way out of this situation. Jon has to come back. There are too many clues in the book from R+L=J to him literally dying on the snow while the fire flickers in his eyeballs (aka A Song of Ice and Fire). He's like Tyrion in the sense that he's too important of a character to kill off until the very end.

No. Whatever magical powers that revive the dead must occur at the time of death north of The Wall. If you die on that side of The Wall and are transported across, the "curse" still sticks. If they had to burn bodies every time they executed a traitor at The Wall they would have not had to "rediscover" the importance of burning bodies in Season 2.

This is a real good example of the show runners painting themselves into a corner. In the books Theon rescues Jeyne (who is "Arya Stark"; Ramsay was supposed to marry her not Sansa...) and runs back towards Stannis' encampment. Since Stannis is already dead in the show where are they going on foot? The Wall is days away, maybe even a week away on foot and they have no friends in the north. Pod and Brienne better come to the rescue or else IDK...

I'm so bitter they are making us wait until next season to basically find out if EVERYONE who "died" is actually dead.

I've been waiting five years...

I am really hoping this Dothraki hoard came to her because they saw the dragon and either heard of her or are led from someone from the old hoard who still has loyalties to her. That would be awesome!

The Dothraki Khal in question is Khal Pono, an old bloodrider of Drogo. It's a flip of a coin as to whether he will help her or take her back to Vaes Dothrak.

Well turns out i was Lying when i said i didn't care if anyone died, still flipping out over jhonny, but then again he is kinda like a viking. did they really kill him out of spite, even though there side to killed wildlings, ughhh this would be the perfect time to get timmy tunners remote and go in that bitch gun blazing. I thought oh its taking a while for him to die, the red women id going to bring him back, but so doubtful. better yet this is the perfect time for hbo to make up to make up for dropping true blood and introduce some type of vampires to the fold. he dead right? so i'm done with the show.

kiss of death totally saw that coming, since that nothing new

aria had a moment for once but mehh i was still hoping she was going to dye, settle for blindness 

lmao at the dragon girl with her line about food

It would be cool if epople bothered to tell us what the spoilers are all about. Are they book spoilers or what?

Anyway, spoiler for this season:

I need to see Brienne die. What a fucking bitch. Slit her head in two and rape her while her body is still warm, I say. She's now killed two of my favourites in the series so far. The Hound and Stannis were both so god damn awesome, amazing and so fucking cool.

FrankenMountain! So cool, man!

Another fantastic season. An axe to the back of the head of the haters.

Combo of both show and book, really. Mostly just in case people haven't seen the finale yet for mine.

@@Zeus

This is a real good example of the show runners painting themselves into a corner. In the books Theon rescues Jeyne (who is "Arya Stark"; Ramsay was supposed to marry her not Sansa...) and runs back towards Stannis' encampment. Since Stannis is already dead in the show where are they going on foot? The Wall is days away, maybe even a week away on foot and they have no friends in the north. Pod and Brienne better come to the rescue or else IDK...

I wouldn't say that, since Sansa has absorbed so many plots from characters they cut out, I think she's probably got more options than some others. She could try to head to the Wall, she could also try the Vale to find Baelish again. But I think Brienne, Pod, and the Brotherhood without Banners are probably in her future, personally. 

The Dothraki Khal in question is Khal Pono, an old bloodrider of Drogo. It's a flip of a coin as to whether he will help her or take her back to Vaes Dothrak.

Fffff if they take her to Vaes Dothrak good grief. This girl is never going to make it to Westeros at this point. OTL But seriously, she needs a bigger army and if this doesn't get the ball rolling, I don't know what will?

Also damn, you read the books that long ago??? I'm sorry. ;; I'm a lowly peasant who just learned about them with the show... but I'm slowly reading them now. >_>;

I see. I'll stay away from the spoilers then, as I am still on the first book. Half way through. Not much of a reader to be honest. Not at all.

Ian McShane is confirmed for a role in season 6. Ian god damn McShane for fuck sake. How cool is that? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh!!!

I was excited to see that. He's great so I hope they give him someone positively despicable to play because he'll be amazing at it.

Still on series 1 and only started watching recently but this is pretty damn good stuff for a something I thought was the series version of The Hunger Games (dat super popularity) that I assumed was all about extreme violence and a guide as to what you shouldn't do/be within your family.

i knw i said i was done after jhonny, but idk  anymore

To be honest I never understood why Game of Thrones got so popular. I'm a fan and I god damn love the TV-series, but slow-burning and dialogue-driven political dramas like Game of Thrones doesn't usually gain this amount of popularity among "casual" watchers. Its popularity is well-deserved, but I am still quite baffled about this. As far as dialogue and characters goes there's no series out there that matches Game of Thrones. Every single time characters like Tyrion, Varys, Tywin, Olenna, Cersei and Petyr opens their god damn mouth you have a fantastic scene no matter how few or may words they say, and when two or more of them are on the screen at the same time, talking and shit, you have one of the best scenes ever. It's that simple.

I know everyone has seen the new trailer by now, but it's difficult not to be excited for the new season!