Ito

Game of Thrones

soooo, is it just me or was the last episode (s5e05) pretty lame? nothing happened anywhere plus daenerys back and forth and totally uncomprehensible decisionmaking seems very uncalled for and out of character. hoping the next ones are better, i enjoyed episodes 1-4 so far tho, so i'm confident with that^^

Felt like a wind up for the next episode.

I'm hoping next ep is Hardhome and back to Dorne because seriously, don't give the Sand snakes a weak introduction then the Rickon Stark treatment. OTL

I think last episode was one of the very few cases where I was able to pinpoint lazy writing: they pulled Episode 4's scene with Stannis and his daughter, and presented the same conversation between Roose and Ramsay. Perhaps it was a means to show the contrast between Stannis and Roose; but the set ups to both scenes were identical that it came off more as lazy than it did some super deep narrative comparison between both families.

Stannis the Mannis scene: "All of these people wanted me to kill you because you're deformed; but fuck them you're my daughter"

Roose the Rapist scene: "I raped your mom and I almost threw you into the river when you were born; but fuck that, you're my son"

Other than that, I'm so far enjoying the Tyrion + Jorah story. They finally made Jorah interesting! Unfortunately it had to be because of the dude contracting greyscale.

I'm pretty sure they did it on purpose to show the contrast and lead the viewer into a favorite for the upcoming battle. I didn't like either scene really (with the Boltons or Baratheons) because it feels forced in both cases. But I am looking forward to the battle if they just get on with it already. 

LOL Sir Friendzone just has the worst luck. Ever. And makes horribly questionable decisions....

I never thought I'd say it, but I am missing Brandon this season. I need more magic, and dragons. D;

Also that Sand Snake scene...  I can't. Worst "fight" scene I've seen on this show so far.

ep better be good today, not that they've sucked this season

ep better be good today, not that they've sucked this season

I feel you but surprisingly the show is doing a good job of cutting all the dull bits out of the two books this season is loosely based on.

I feel you but surprisingly the show is doing a good job of cutting all the dull bits out of the two books this season is loosely based on.

yay! dull bits good riddance

Yeah, that entire battle took me by surprise...even when they reached the gate and a few managed to break through, I honestly didn't expect things to escalate like that. Hands down one of the most powerful and well concocted scenes of the entire series so far. It seems like both tv-heads AND book readers were equally in awe.

it was nice. but was the timing of the attack random?

^ that's a good question actually. Planned or not, it was absolutely terrifying, though . I suppose if it were random, then it would be even scarier.

also, sharing this for the lolz:

mNSzuuX.gif

I'm pretty sure the attack was the signal (at least on the tv show, idk about the books because I'm not that far along yet) for the official start of winter, and all the dangers the Stark's words allude to are coming for Westeros. 

Was it by chance that the dead attacked just after that brunette wildling woman cursed her ancestors and defied them by going in league with the Crows? I doesn't seem like a common ideology to seek the wrath of the dead and it might've caused quite a stirring in the spirit world, hence the White Walkers marching in with this undead army (likely the wildlings' ancestors) for a pinpointed attack on the camp.

so now one knows if the walker were like "where you think you going?"

Was it by chance that the dead attacked just after that brunette wildling woman cursed her ancestors and defied them by going in league with the Crows? I doesn't seem like a common ideology to seek the wrath of the dead and it might've caused quite a stirring in the spirit world, hence the White Walkers marching in with this undead army (likely the wildlings' ancestors) for a pinpointed attack on the camp.

It was definitely by chance. Theories abound below~~~

Now it may have been the "spirit's doing" that she died in that battle and didn't leave with her children when she had the chance, but the dead were coming based on previous sightings of them in the show. The White Walkers/The Other come from the Lands of Always Winter, which you can see in this map. If you remember the Crows saw the army of the dead when they battled them at the Fist of the First Men, and it implies that that army had been marching due east all the way to Hardhome, to assume they have hit every wildling outpost along that march. This makes sense if they are raising their numbers as high as possible to follow winter before continues to move south. The Crows just happened to have the worst timing ever visiting the eastern most wildling village at the same time the White Walkers arrived.

yeahhhh...not sure what to think about the latest ep. just yet.

I know that they're trying to bring things full circle, but am I the only one that thinks the writing/plots as of late have been a little too convenient? Perhaps I feel like this due to them moving into uncharted territories...

Also, the entire dorne arc is probably one of the most uninteresting of series...but with that said, I've also enjoyed it in a weird way. It's nice to see some actual sane ppl on the show, even if the arc is pretty uneventful imo.

Lastly

pretty sure jorah touched dany, who then held missandei's hand. =|

great screaming. but Spartacus had way better pits,

lmao i see you dragon girl