Ito

Game of Thrones

who the fuck is simon? and eww sansa x shittyfinger is hella creepy no thanks

well he isnt called simon on this show. and because it's so wrong it would interesting. I was also shipping Theon and his master (hint hint) but that's never going to happen even though that would be interesting.

ASOS/BOOK 3 SPOILERS - SRSLY DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS

I can't believe there was no SH. I don't understand why the show writers wouldn't take the opportunity to film what could have been the most incredible cliffhanger in TV history. Just imagine the publicity the show would have gotten after SH's reveal, Twitter would explode even more than it did after S3E9. Where the hell are their priorities? Oh right we really needed those brothel scenes with Oberyn and Ellaria + naked women. And gotta make sure Jaime and Cersei have sex in the Kingsguard chamber, something that Jaime specifically didn't want in the books.

The saddest thing about this is that now book readers will probably ruin SH to the show watchers, her reveal will have no surprise anymore. #NoLSH is already trending on twiiter.

Anyway my nitpicks with the show are just that. The show is great and one of my favorite things on TV right now. I just think there's a lot D&D could do better.

^I agree wholeheartedly. I was so stoked for this episode, but in the end it was kind of a letdown. Sure some scenes were handled pretty well (Stannis the Mannis, Arya at the Saltpans) but the rest of the scenes just lacked something.

BOOK SPOILERS BELOW - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

-No LSH is what bugs me most. I was so looking forward to that, especially after Lena Headey instagrammed about it.

-Bloodraven had TWO eyes, now his quote "a thousand eyes and one" makes no sense at all. Also I expected him te be more like the crewmembers on Davy Jones' ship, part of the interior.

-JOJEN DYING WHAT THE FUCK - I guess this means no Jojen paste.

-Tyrion and Jaime's convo. In the books this was a turning point for Jaime and Cersei's relationship, as Tyrion tells him about Osmund, Lancel and Moonboy for all I know. This could have been done SO much better.

-No "where whores go", that is the start of Tyrion's descent, but I guess the show wants to keep him as a good guy.

-No reference to shitting gold...minor, but I was looking forward to it.

I actually liked the ending.

LSH not showing up was a good thing. AFFC was a slog to read because Martin had to build-up characters and story again after killing off a bunch of people in ASOS. That won't translate into interesting television. Also remember that show watchers have the memory of a goldfish and don't remember minor things if they happened longer than two episodes ago. We haven't seen the BWB all season. LSH has little to no story in ASOS or ADWD. Most importantly, LSH's only scenes are with Brienne and her story has taken such a drastic departure this season so it requires some more changes in order for LSH x Brienne to happen well.

Reveals are one thing, but story consistency is more important. Like I said, LSH has little to no story thus far. If we introduce her now and don't talk about her for a half a season, people will complain about why they brought her back if they won't expound on her. If we start putting her story in motion (what is her story anyway?) then we're digging into material Martin hasn't released yet and more people will complain that D&D are ruining the franchise by making changes to the story. If anything, they're trying to slow the story down to give Martin enough time to finish TWOW before they catch up to him. Thus, putting LSH off was a necessity. Besides, this episode wasn't about LSH. It was about Tyrion and Arya.

Since they need material to fill up next season, I expect the BWB storyline to come back with a vengeance. An awesome build-up to LSH next season will work just as well because it's even more unexpected than the Red Wedding. Start with some rumors, show some hung Freys, end an episode next season with her return.

Everyone needs to stop talking about LSH before they ruin it for show watchers.

Oh right we really needed those brothel scenes with Oberyn and Ellaria + naked women. And gotta make sure Jaime and Cersei have sex in the Kingsguard chamber, something that Jaime specifically didn't want in the books.

The Oberyn scenes were necessary. Oberyn wasn't a very interesting character in the book and there wasn't much to him. The most surprising thing about him was that he died without seemingly accomplishing anything, but it leads into SS very well. Pandering to his bisexuality and openness is actually what put a lot of people onboard Team Oberyn, which made his death so much more satisfying for me to watch. That's one of the cases where I believe D&D using sex to advance the plot was the right idea.

Also, I think you meant Cersei, not Jaime. ;) And "specifically didn't want" is not true either. This is how it went down in the books. Emphasis in italics is how it was written. Bold is my emphasis.

"For a whore." She clutched his good hand and held it tight in hers. "He told me he was going to do it. Joff knew. As he was dying, he pointed at his murderer. At our twisted little monster of a brother." She kissed Jaime's fingers. "You'll kill him for me, won't you? You'll avenge our son".

Jaime pulled away. "He is still my brother." He shoved his stump at her face, in case she failed to see it. "And I am in no fit state to be killing anyone."

"You have another hand, don't you? I am not asking you to best the Hound in battle. Tyrion is a dwarf, locked in a cell. The guards would stand aside for you."

The thought turned his stomach. "I must know more of this. Of how it happened."

"You shall," Cersei promised. "There's to be a trial. When you hear all he did, you'll want him dead as much as I do." She touched his face. "I was lost without you Jaime. I was afraid the Starks would send me your head. I would not have borne that." She kissed him. A light kiss, the merest brush of her lips on his, but he could feel her tremble as he slid his arms around her. "I am not whole without you."

There was no tenderness in this kiss he returned to her, only hunger. Her mouth opened for his tongue. "No," she said weakly when his lips moved down her neck, "not here, The septons..."

"The Others can take the septons." He kissed her again, kissed her silent, kissed her until she moaned. Then he knocked the candles aside and lifted her up onto the Mother's altar, pushing up her skirts and the silken shift beneath. She pounded on his chest with feeble fists, murmuring about the risk, the danger, about their father, about the septons, about the wrath of gods. He never heard her. He undid his breeches and climbed up and pushed her bare white legs apart. One hand slid up her thigh and underneath her smallclothes. When he tore them away, he saw that her moon's blood was on her, but it made no difference.

"Hurry," she was whispering now, "quickly, quickly, now, do it now, do me now. Jaime Jaime Jaime." Her hands helped guide him. "Yes," Cersei said as he thrust, "my brother, sweet brother, yes, like that, yes, I have you, you're home now, you're home now, you're home." She kissed his ear and stroked his short bristly hair. Jaime lost himself in her flesh. He could feel Cersei's heart beating in time with his own, and the wetness of blood and seed where they were joined.

But no sooner were they done than the queen said, "Let me up. If we are discovered like this..."

Reluctantly he rolled away and helped her off the altar. The pale marble was smeared with blood. Jaime wiped it clean with his sleeve, then bent to pick up the candles he has knocked over. Fortunately they had all gone out when they fell. If the sept had caught fire I might have never noticed.

"This was folly." Cersei pulled her gown straight. "With Father in the castle...Jaime, we must be careful"

[...]

Clearly, that looks like she was resisting not because she didn't want it, but because she didn't want to be caught fucking her brother over their son's dead corpse in the middle of church. Martin whitewashing it and saying it was ambiguous is him covering his own hide to avoid "controversy". There is no controversy here. It's clear as day how it was supposed to go down. Did the show ruin the adaptation? Yes. But this is straight out of my softcover book of ASOS, pages 850-852. Read it for yourself if you want.

The Oberyn scenes were necessary. Oberyn wasn't a very interesting character in the book and there wasn't much to him. The most surprising thing about him was that he died without seemingly accomplishing anything, but it leads into SS very well. Pandering to his bisexuality and openness is actually what put a lot of people onboard Team Oberyn, which made his death so much more satisfying for me to watch. That's one of the cases where I believe D&D using sex to advance the plot was the right idea.

See, I do think Oberyn was an interesting character. He was basically the stepping stone for introducing Dorne which I think is fascinating, and the POVs there are some of my favorite. We learn about his daughters, his combat prowess, and little bit of history including his education at the Citadel. His sexuality? Mentioned in the books literally once, and it was only a rumor. I really like how they introduced him in the show, but I don't think the scenes that followed like it were necessary. In fact I thought they were out right ridiculous and just pandering to the audience with the whole "hypsersexual exotic foreigners" cliche + BEWBS.

And I'm not talking about the sept scene after Joffery's death, I was talking about the scene in the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard chamber that happened shortly after. I know that the show butchered the sept "moonblood" scene into a rape scene, and I caught some flack earlier in this thread for calling it out. It's like the show writers can't get anything with Jamie and Cersei right.

“Don’t you think I want it as much as you do? It makes no matter who they wed me to, I want you at my side, I want you in my bed, I want you inside me. Nothing has changed between us. Let me prove it to you.” She pushed up his tunic and began to fumble with the laces of his breeches.

Jaime felt himself responding. “No,” he said, “not here.” They had never done it in White Sword Tower, much less in the Lord Commander’s chambers. “Cersei, this is not the place.”

“You took me in the sept. This is no different.” She drew out his cock and bent her head over it. 

Jaime pushed her away with the stump of his right hand. “No. Not here, I said.” He forced himself to stand.

Surprise, surprise D&D continue to commit character assassination, because no one cares about trying to adapt a story as accurately as possible when you can have another half-assed sex scene for Buzzfeed to put on their "Hottest Game of Thrones Sex Scenes" list.

And I'm not talking about the sept scene after Joffery's death, I was talking about the scene in the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard chamber that happened shortly after. I know that the show butchered the sept "moonblood" scene into a rape scene, and I caught some flack earlier in this thread for calling it out. It's like the show writers can't get anything with Jamie and Cersei right.

I think they're building up the destruction of Jaime and Cersei's relationship next season. All of the lustful sex this season is foreshadowing to that. It would make more sense from a show perspective for the estrangement to begin once Cersei discovers Jaime set Tyrion free. But yes, you're right he probably shouldn't have fucked her there.

Or at all really...

mehh the episode was boring.

Best part was ty killing his love, so beautiful! then aria leaving the guy to suffer and die.

good time for it ending! know i can focus on penny dreadful. Plus true is coming back only to die and take a part of my heart with it. then some mind foreplay with teen wolf. and for a change PLL is looking kinda interesting.

back to game of thrones i want to see whats going to happen with the power gap, and with people that went away.

I thought it was a brilliant ending to yet another great season. Game of Thrones are climbing up the list of best TV-series ever and it doesn't look like it's about to stop just yet.

The only thing that bothered me was the CGI skeletons. They looked awful, their movement was awesome and it lacked punch, power and brutality. It was so cheap. They should've just gone for another solution. Either stop-motion animation or real people in cool clothes. I'd rather have seen something like this:

tombs-of-the-blind-dead-15.jpg

@Zess:

While I agree with you about the building of the vengeance stuff and filling up next season in relation to LSH, there's some practical stuff... like, LSH laying rotting in the river for about two seasons. Won't be much left, will there? If they take too much time in between the RW and the resurrection, it will become inplausible to the watchers.

ALSO, the no story argument is a non-argument, as they've done it before, for example the inclusion of 1 hype-building White Walker scene per season, and then nothing. (End of season 2, Night's King in season 4) The WW story has been set in motion from the first episode, but it's still going nowhere, so that's no argument.

Also, pretty much everyone I know of loved Oberyn in the books. Even though he was in the story for a fairly short amount of time, he had depth that some other characters lack. Still I agree with the character building, it did help.

Still, D&D unnecessarily fucked up the character building of both Jaime and Tyrion. Yes of course they can still set it right next season, but why bother when they could have done it this season, ending the season with both characters forcing to drastically re-evaluate everything they stand for. And no, they also don't need it to fill up next season, as there's still so much interesting stuff that happens in both their storylines in AFFC and ADWD. The filling up would only be nessecary for characters who are nearing their final chapters (Bran, Sansa etc).

watched the finale yesterday finally aswell, i can understand pretty much all critisism the episode has to take (suddenly magic everywhere, too much stuff in one episode, kinda inconsequent behavior by arya etcetc...), but for some reason it doesn't bother me at all, i had a most pleasant time and found it a magnificent end to probably my favorite season of this series so far.

also

10463017_761028797252286_172752055310560

*i'm very much pleased, please move this to my palace...*

@the suddenly magic everywhere comment: Uhhh... It's been slowly fed into the series and hinted at. The series has a whole mythology behind the story and so it's not too surprising. (Especially if one takes the time to read the novels.) 

I rather enjoyed how the episode covered everyone. It was a nice faster pace compared to other episodes this season.

The only thing I have a problem with is that scene from earlier in the season where the baby got turned into a white walker. Never happened in the books from what I remembered and totally came out of nowhere. Definitely had to be some kind of morsel to appease the people who want more of the white walkers. :/ 

Since you're only a show watcher, bonsai, I'm curious about what it is you found inconsistent in Arya's behavior?

The only thing I have a problem with is that scene from earlier in the season where the baby got turned into a white walker. Never happened in the books from what I remembered and totally came out of nowhere. Definitely had to be some kind of morsel to appease the people who want more of the white walkers. :/

That was the writers getting ahead of the books in confirming what happens to Craster's sons, and that it's possible that the Others were all once human. They didn't only spoil that though, after the episode aired a synopsis was posted on the show's official page saying that the Other with horns who converted the baby was the Night's King. Which was the 13th commander of the Night's Watch that fell in love and married a female Other, book readers never knew what happened to him because all records of him were destroyed by Northern men. This reveal tells us that adults can be converted too.

ughh the previews look boring, suddenly i don't miss the tyrion.

Um. The book this season is based on is my least favorite so far, but I'm looking forward to how Dorne is going to be depicted nonetheless (the bastards, particularly, mwehehe).

damm i was off that was good, maybe i had to much g o t at one time, similar to my experience with shameless. but i swear s4 was dry. the dragon queen is so played out... abd i just realized i woulb be cool with snowie on the throne. just kill aria

are you a virgin? no. good. fhe woulf offer her cunt lmao

Edited by blackdoll

those 4 eps were lovely excluding Arya. but was Snowie always this cool? the red woman is a great laugh

she mad she didn't get the D

I don't watch this (so please accept me xD) but I might do one day since there's so much love for it but I stumbled upon this on Tumblr.

11112554_1592607094320630_13059510538400

This must surely be shipped to high heavens (or please make my life complete and tell me they're an official couple). So damn adorable.

Solid start so far. I got through the first and half of the second ep and I love how the show is slowly building in tension.

One difference which I noticed was specific (and incredibly important) dialog was removed in one scene. As for why? No idea. It's either going to be omitted entirely (which would be a shame), or the line of dialog will come up later on.

Regardless, I'm interested to see how they manage all the new characters which are going to start flooding into the story. That's a hell of a lot of actors to have under your payroll.

Without having read the books, I must say that this show is confusing the life out of me. I am up to date with season five, but at times I simply haven't got a clue about the storyline.

Without having read the books, I must say that this show is confusing the life out of me. I am up to date with season five, but at times I simply haven't got a clue about the storyline.

With some characters they're making it up as they go.

Just gotta go with the flow. It helps to remember the series is one large arch of parties trying to seize the Iron Throne. Not EVERY character wants to be King or Queen; but most are involved in one form of the other.