Ito

Game of Thrones

#teamSansa

She's not my favourite character, but her execution of Ramsay got her a lot of points with me.

Proud to have her as a Libra!

Edited by peffy

What a way to kick off the new season. That didn't made my epectations towards the new season any lower, that is for sure.

I only watched parts of last season and plan on watching this one because bae wants company. (fell asleep before the end of the new episode :')) 

Either way I'm team Cersei. 

the episode was pretty mediocre as expected but i'm still hoping for 1 or 2 good episodes in this season that will make it worth my while.

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

the episode was pretty mediocre as expected but i'm still hoping for 1 or 2 good episodes in this season that will make it worth my while.

Premiere of GOT seems to always starts slow, but it is building up. Especially with this season and season 8 since they are only 7 and 6 episodes respectively, no fillers can be added to buy time anymore.

A short gif from S07E02:

AnnualImperturbableKitty-size_restricted

That was hilarious. Holy fuck!

The cut from Jorah to the pie was excellent.

Also, Missandei. Daaaaaaamn!!!

Edited by Bear

Did anyone check the leaked episode? 

Spoiler

I loved this episode so much, the fight scene was very good. And I just like Arya so, so much, her training with Brienne was nice!

yeah, i enjoyed it quite a lot. best episode in this season. tho i still need to rewatch last 15 minutes in full hd quality when it's officially out. 

Imma wait until Sunday, but it's good to know that it's worth looking forward to! I didn't find the 3rd ep too engaging.

While reading the series I had a recurring thought I could not shake. Watching the television show this last season, that fear is confirmed. I call it escalation tactics but there's probably a more apt literary term than this. Basically, a story can be divided into exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution. Simple stuff, really. The trap I feel this show is falling into is that the stakes are ever higher and occasionally boils over into some action, but the climax is still nowhere in sight. To put it in perspective, we've been waiting for The Battle for quite some time, and even though Jon is telling everyone that Winter Actually Is Coming  This Time Guys For Real we know that it's not going to happen until next season. While this season should be about resolving all the issues in King's Landing and resolving leftover threads in Westeros and Essos, three episodes in I feel like they're still setting the stage. There has been six seasons to set the stage already, and three hours of posturing from everyone involved. The next two episodes absolutely need to be explosive because the climax for Cersei's arc needs to come and go.

Spoiler

Honestly the irony of Sandor anti-religion terrified of fire Clegane having an accurate and HD vision about Eastwatch is killing me. Imagining this guy as a prophet that should command the same kind of respect as Melisandre or any other red visionary is ridiculous, so I hope it happens. I liked Dany in the beginning but I'm really getting tired of her. It'd be different if she was doing these things understanding the full meaning of it, but she really thinks she's killing all these people to be a savior. Jon has killed thousands of men too, but he doesn't seem like he's under any false illusions, at least. And Cersei's losing it, Westeros got rid of their Mad King, next up the Mad Queen lol

There are spoilers under here regarding leaks, not just currently aired and book content. You've been warned.

Spoiler

MAN. THE LEAKS ARE LOOKING TO BE TRUE NEXT EP SHOULD BE INSANE. WIGHT DRAGON HERE WE GO!!!

Okay regular show-centric spoilery stuff under here. 

Spoiler

So if they're gonna have Jon be a legit Targ, then his claim to the throne is more legit than Dany's... the question is will she admit to this and let him follow the proper line of succession because she's truly here for her family name or will her pride make her want to keep the throne for herself??? Will Jon's people turn on him when they find out he's Rhaegar's legitimate heir?

Also interesting we now have Sam as the likely Ward for the entire Reach if there were no other Tyrells and Tarlys and Gendry is the heir to Storm's End. 

P.S. if they brought Gendry back just to kill him in the next episode I'm gonna flip a table. THEY HAVE DONE THIS ENOUGH. And I need my Gendry/Arya reunion first. THEN they are allowed to kill him. lol

I heard that the final season is going to have 2 hour episodes? I need next season to kick so much ass. D&D better not disappoint.

Edited by doombox

16 hours ago, doombox said:

There are spoilers under here regarding leaks, not just currently aired and book content. You've been warned.

Reveal hidden contents

MAN. THE LEAKS ARE LOOKING TO BE TRUE NEXT EP SHOULD BE INSANE. WIGHT DRAGON HERE WE GO!!!

Okay regular show-centric spoilery stuff under here. 

Reveal hidden contents

So if they're gonna have Jon be a legit Targ, then his claim to the throne is more legit than Dany's... the question is will she admit to this and let him follow the proper line of succession because she's truly here for her family name or will her pride make her want to keep the throne for herself??? Will Jon's people turn on him when they find out he's Rhaegar's legitimate heir?

Also interesting we now have Sam as the likely Ward for the entire Reach if there were no other Tyrells and Tarlys and Gendry is the heir to Storm's End. 

P.S. if they brought Gendry back just to kill him in the next episode I'm gonna flip a table. THEY HAVE DONE THIS ENOUGH. And I need my Gendry/Arya reunion first. THEN they are allowed to kill him. lol

I heard that the final season is going to have 2 hour episodes? I need next season to kick so much ass. D&D better not disappoint.

Spoiler

Sam did leave the Citadel, you think he's going to go back and reclaim his name? I know Jon kinda did that with Winterfell but he also technically died, I wonder if things will go as smoothly for Sam if he does. 

That's a reunion I'm looking forward to! I love the conversation Jon and Gendry had about their dads (well, Jon about his "dad"). 

Also I don't think Dany would respect his claim, they had that scene with Missandei about how she was following Dany because she was a queen she chose, not because she respected some claim of royalty from a foreigner, and I think Dany has also kinda taken this view. Like yeah she's a Targaryen and this was the claim she was raised believing was hers by birth, but I don't think that's the only thing motivating her at this point.

2 hours ago, gen-shoku said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sam did leave the Citadel, you think he's going to go back and reclaim his name? I know Jon kinda did that with Winterfell but he also technically died, I wonder if things will go as smoothly for Sam if he does. 

That's a reunion I'm looking forward to! I love the conversation Jon and Gendry had about their dads (well, Jon about his "dad"). 

Also I don't think Dany would respect his claim, they had that scene with Missandei about how she was following Dany because she was a queen she chose, not because she respected some claim of royalty from a foreigner, and I think Dany has also kinda taken this view. Like yeah she's a Targaryen and this was the claim she was raised believing was hers by birth, but I don't think that's the only thing motivating her at this point.

Spoiler

I don't think Sam would ask for it directly, but if Jon ends up on top in the end I think he'd entrust the Reach to Sam. But a lot of things would have to happen to have that scenario play out lol. Especially Jon not dying, and I'm not at all certain he won't die again lol. 

I laughed so hard when Gendry walked right in and told Jon everything Davos told him not too. It was perfect.

Dany wasn't raised to believe the throne belonged to her, she was raised believing her brother Viserys would be King and she'd be married to him. But after she realized Viserys would be a horrible ruler, she decided to take the title for herself. Especially once she lost Drogo, she had nothing else. But I do kind of agree with you that it's gonna be hard for her to return to thinking she'll be subservient to some man and let him rule after she's come so far. Again, this may not even come to be an issue depending who survives the WW battle, but it's interesting to think about!

Edited by doombox

52 minutes ago, doombox said:

Hide contents

I don't think Sam would ask for it directly, but if Jon ends up on top in the end I think he'd entrust the Reach to Sam. But a lot of things would have to happen to have that scenario play out lol. Especially Jon not dying, and I'm not at all certain he won't die again lol. 

I laughed so hard when Gendry walked right in and told Jon everything Davos told him not too. It was perfect.

Dany wasn't raised to believe the throne belonged to her, she was raised believing her brother Viserys would be King and she'd be married to him. But after she realized Viserys would be a horrible ruler, she decided to take the title for herself. Especially once she lost Drogo, she had nothing else. But I do kind of agree with you that it's gonna be hard for her to return to thinking she'll be subservient to some man and let him rule after she's come so far. Again, this may not even come to be an issue depending who survives the WW battle, but it's interesting to think about!

Spoiler

That's true. I can't believe Gilly discovered Jon's not a bastard (a huge discovery!! I mean Bran knows too but he doesn't seem very emotionally invested in many things these days) and then Sam talks over her bitching about how no one at the Citadel listens to him and I'm like wow... kinda like what you're doing now because you think what you have to say is more important... interesting...

That was a beautiful scene, Davos hadn't even telling Gendry about all the things he must not do and then Gendry just. did them. That line really isn't made for stealth.

I phrased that badly, I meant she'd grown up believing that her house basically owned the throne, so when she realized Viserys was straight scum she was like well... I'm also a Targaryen, it's in my blood too, blah blah blah. Besides, I think that even if she decided to yield her claim to Jon (which is doubtful to be sure, but if) I can't see all the people who support her agreeing/supporting that, the same way I can't see the Northern houses standing behind (southern at best, foreign at worst) Dany if Jon were to just say so. Neither side is familiar with the other and the feats they've achieved, so they'd basically be taking a new ruler on blind faith when they've seen "miracles" performed by their chosen monarch, and faith seems to be in short supply in Westeros these days. Which would open up potential for even more internal fighting! Lovely.

And yeah, I know it's all speculation at this point but it is fun to imagine :) I'm ready for the next episode

3 hours ago, gen-shoku said:
  Hide contents

Not sure if you've read all the books, so I will assume you won't so I have a reason to type this out. In the books, it was revealed that Sam's father had given him a choice of The Wall or a hunting accident. Sam knew that it was no secret that his father preferred his younger brother, but what the show left out is that it was his mother who pleaded with his father to make The Wall an option. Part of the reason why the burning of the Tarly's was such an emotional moment for me is because Sam's father always treated him like a dick, and I'm so glad to see him die. On that same note, the future of house Tarly as Sam's father saw it died with Randall and Dickon last episode. House Tarly as it was is dead, but House Tarly as it can be is still up in the air. I'm not sure if he was officially discharged from The Wall and I think he gave up on being a maester, so vows aside for a moment it's entirely possible for his mother to entrust the future of the house to him. I'm 99% certain that's how it's going to go down. That's how I want it to go down.

I also have a very strong head canon that Dany should die at the wall fighting The Others. I can't explain why very well, but on some level it would feel like a cop out for Dany to take the whole thing when she's barely been in Westeros her whole life. On another level, I think it would be poetic for her and her dragons to die fighting a supernatural force no one else can take out. It also seems implausible that anyone else could pose a reasonable threat to Dany, so her exit still leaves intrigue to the Westerosi politics. I also think the time line is going to work out so that Jon doesn't find out about his true claim until after Dany is dead, leaving Jon with a sense of duty that he must take the crown because there's no one to delegate it to. Because honestly, I do agree that Dany won't just give up her conquest because Jon has a better claim, and there's no way in hell Jon is going to find anything to deal with those dragons.

4 hours ago, Zeus said:
  Hide contents

Not sure if you've read all the books, so I will assume you won't so I have a reason to type this out. In the books, it was revealed that Sam's father had given him a choice of The Wall or a hunting accident. Sam knew that it was no secret that his father preferred his younger brother, but what the show left out is that it was his mother who pleaded with his father to make The Wall an option. Part of the reason why the burning of the Tarly's was such an emotional moment for me is because Sam's father always treated him like a dick, and I'm so glad to see him die. On that same note, the future of house Tarly as Sam's father saw it died with Randall and Dickon last episode. House Tarly as it was is dead, but House Tarly as it can be is still up in the air. I'm not sure if he was officially discharged from The Wall and I think he gave up on being a maester, so vows aside for a moment it's entirely possible for his mother to entrust the future of the house to him. I'm 99% certain that's how it's going to go down. That's how I want it to go down.

I also have a very strong head canon that Dany should die at the wall fighting The Others. I can't explain why very well, but on some level it would feel like a cop out for Dany to take the whole thing when she's barely been in Westeros her whole life. On another level, I think it would be poetic for her and her dragons to die fighting a supernatural force no one else can take out. It also seems implausible that anyone else could pose a reasonable threat to Dany, so her exit still leaves intrigue to the Westerosi politics. I also think the time line is going to work out so that Jon doesn't find out about his true claim until after Dany is dead, leaving Jon with a sense of duty that he must take the crown because there's no one to delegate it to. Because honestly, I do agree that Dany won't just give up her conquest because Jon has a better claim, and there's no way in hell Jon is going to find anything to deal with those dragons.

Spoiler

You're right, I haven't finished all the books so far. I'm working on it, but it had been so long between reading the third and fourth book that I ended up restarting. So thank you for your full response!

I remember back when Sam brought Gilly to the Reach his mother stood up for him against Randall saying it was not Sam but Randall who was disgracing their house, so I could definitely see her supporting Sam returning home and reclaiming his birthright. I wonder if Sam would ever tell his mother the truth about Gilly and her son. 

That would be a very fitting storyline for Dany honestly, but would it really not be possible for the dragons to obey Jon? He is uknowingly a Targaryen and Drogon did allow Jon to briefly pet him in the last episode (has he done that with anyone else? Dany seemed a little surprised at it) so I think the possibility might be there.  Or maybe not with all of Dany's dragons, perhaps he'll develop a strong relationship with only Rhaegal because dad

11 hours ago, gen-shoku said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That's true. I can't believe Gilly discovered Jon's not a bastard (a huge discovery!! I mean Bran knows too but he doesn't seem very emotionally invested in many things these days) and then Sam talks over her bitching about how no one at the Citadel listens to him and I'm like wow... kinda like what you're doing now because you think what you have to say is more important... interesting...

That was a beautiful scene, Davos hadn't even telling Gendry about all the things he must not do and then Gendry just. did them. That line really isn't made for stealth.

I phrased that badly, I meant she'd grown up believing that her house basically owned the throne, so when she realized Viserys was straight scum she was like well... I'm also a Targaryen, it's in my blood too, blah blah blah. Besides, I think that even if she decided to yield her claim to Jon (which is doubtful to be sure, but if) I can't see all the people who support her agreeing/supporting that, the same way I can't see the Northern houses standing behind (southern at best, foreign at worst) Dany if Jon were to just say so. Neither side is familiar with the other and the feats they've achieved, so they'd basically be taking a new ruler on blind faith when they've seen "miracles" performed by their chosen monarch, and faith seems to be in short supply in Westeros these days. Which would open up potential for even more internal fighting! Lovely.

And yeah, I know it's all speculation at this point but it is fun to imagine :) I'm ready for the next episode

Spoiler

Yeah, Bran's new demeanor definitely doesn't make him easy to talk to or trust. I know when he arrived at Winterfell he said he needed to speak with Jon, but he knows where Jon is yet he's just waiting for him for the weeks and weeks Jon's at Dragonstone. Bran could have sailed there himself and returned home by now.  I would think he would have gone down to speak with Jon if he had such important information to share. 

tumblr_ouryy7lUO71rfey86o1_500.png

I totally agree with you on your Dany point then. It would rattle people's faith, for sure.

11 hours ago, Zeus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

On the Sam point, it does also rest on the Night's Watch no longer being active. They no longer have the magical abilities to rebuild the Wall if it falls, so they need to fully eliminate the WW threat, or find a way to re-establish the pact. Your Dany theory works with her visions, even the ones we saw in the show. She goes to King's Landing and it's ashen and desolate (I feel like Cersei will blow it up before she hands it over, and the show keeps making the connection to "Ruler of ashes"), she goes to the Wall and through it to the other side, then she reunites with Drogo and Rhaego. I think this is foreshadowing that she's going to die north of the Wall. And her dying would be convenient for Jon's claim, so that's a good point you're making about Jon would absolutely feel a sense of duty (when does he not though lol) if she died fighting for it and it's not a far cry for Tyrion to make a case to Dany's followers/council that Jon is the next best candidate. Plus Drogon likes him so Jon's gonna look like Aegon the Conqueror come again, only this time he'll have conquered the entire north too. Maybe. Or maybe I just like this imagery too much lol.

Edited by doombox

Spoiler

leaked episode was pretty good overall, but these last-second-saves are sooo annoying ughhh. it's been quite a while when the main character died here, and yet D&D are still playing it on the safe side, meh :/ i just hope the last episode will give us some worthy cliffhanger.