Ito

Game of Thrones

Caught up to it just in time with @CAT5. Now just holding out for when it becomes available over here. I know I haven't had to bite my teeth waiting forever like everyone else has for the new season, but...

I GOTTA KNOW WHAT'S UP WITH THAT LAST SCENE WITH JON. I DON'T BUY IT.

Getting pretty hype for tomorrow's episode

Too bad there's no way to legally watch this show (in Canada) without subscribing through a cable tv provider. I'm not paying that much to watch one show. (and this is the ONLY tv show I watch)

Time to frequent torrent sites again. =/

7 minutes ago, beni said:

Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

fan theory "spoiler"

Spoiler

The most obvious thing would be for Melisandre to resurrect Jon. It seems way TOO obvious, there has to be some twist there.

Edited by peffy

49 minutes ago, peffy said:

Getting pretty hype for tomorrow's episode

Too bad there's no way to legally watch this show (in Canada) without subscribing through a cable tv provider. I'm not paying that much to watch one show. (and this is the ONLY tv show I watch)

Time to frequent torrent sites again. =/

fan theory "spoiler"

Reveal hidden contents

There are a few ways it can go:

• Jon wargs into Ghost while Mel resurrects Jon and Jon wargs back
  • Jon wargs into Ghost while Mel resurrects Jon and Jon comes back as a wight and then Jon wargs back. This is a possibility because in the books right before the betrayal one of the wildling giants who is usually calm starts freaking out. While Jon is passing out he is also remarking about how cold it is. I believe the White Walkers are about to attack, so this may be your "twist".
  • Jon actually dies and Mel uses the same spell Beric Dondarrion would have used to resurrect Lady Stoneheart if she were a thing. That means Mel dies and Jon comes back.
  • Jon never died and Mel saved his life. No res required.
  • Jon wargs into Ghost and stays there permanently. This would actually tie up the dire wolves arc quite nicely if he ever reunites with Nymeria and would make for a nice Bran x Jon reunion through Bloodraven's magic. Least likely option.

Spoiler

Uh..  was Jon ever stated to be a warg?

I only read the books up to page 70 of the 5th book, so I have no clue.

there's this really crazy theory going around lately, I link it in the spoiler below... warning major spoilers so don;t watch if that matters to you xD

I gotta say that a lot of this theory makes sense.

7 hours ago, peffy said:
  Hide contents

Uh..  was Jon ever stated to be a warg?

I only read the books up to page 70 of the 5th book, so I have no clue.

I believe that all of the Stark children have the ability to warg and some are able to manifest it better than others. None are aware that that is what it is. Bran is the most compatible and if there are Bran seasons north of the wall this season you'll see this for yourself. Basically, he can tap into the power of the weirwood trees all around Westeros and observe what's going on. It's very similar to warging. Arya is the next most compatible. In the books, Arya and Bran often have "wolf dreams" where they dream they are actually wolves doing what wolves do. Sansa is the least compatible as Lady was killed off (and that nicely mirrors how she's stuck in the South & in the Vale where she always believed she wanted to be). We never know if Robb was compatible or not but his dire wolf was always by his side so if he had the powers he was unaware. Rickon so far has been extremely underdeveloped so it is unknown if he is aware he is warging. However when Bran has wolf dreams he is often running around with Shaggydog (Rickon's wolf) so maybe that indicates something?

Also @Original Saku you're killing me here. I'm trying to stay a S6 virgin until tomorrow.

the first episode was pretty good. despite my all fears this season might be way better than previous (80% of which was mediocre)

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

the first episode was pretty good. despite my all fears this season might be way better than previous (80% of which was mediocre)

I can agree with you here 100%. D&D know they only have twenty, maybe thirty hours to wrap up the show. GRRM is not restricted by time in this way so he can write as much as he wants to wrap up the story. However, his lack of restraint has backfired with him missing deadlines to make S6 canon and two bloated narratives that are agreed to be the worst in the series.

D&D also know the ending, so I've already accepted that the show will end before the books and be the definitive ending. I think Martin has too. I'll be pleased if they do it justice.

But did they do season 1 justice last night? Read on...

The answer is sorta.

I read a lot of complaints online about how much of nothing happened and I disagree. The twist with the Martells was huge!  Plot lines have to start converging now so  it was a necessary move, even if it was an unpopular one. I'd like to actually see Dorne wage war against the Lannisters. I'm pretty sure everyone is expecting a clusterfuck of war or the aftermath of one when Dany descends, so perhaps we'll see Cersei crack before they kill her off. People are also upset that Jon's fate wasn't wrapped up tonight. We got a ton of information as long as you were watching closely. I missed a few things due to a laggy stream but it was still pretty dope. Overall I think it's good that while some things happened tonight they took enough time to set up future events as well.

• Jon is most definitely dead and there is no easy revival here. Now the question is will he turn into a wight or not?
  • The Night's Watch is about to implode and the white walkers will attack any second. I'm 100% certain we're getting an intense battle north or at the wall this season.
  • We learned that Mel's power is in the ruby around her neck and that's what is keeping her young. Kinda disgusting to know Stannis tapped that eh?
  • Jaime x Cersei is still a thing (it's a bit more dire in the books)
  • Dany finally has a reason to head back towards Westeros! But are her dragons still chained or did they get free and set the boats in the harbor on fire? Stream lagged for me at this point so IDK.
  • Dorne is done. I don't think the Sand Snakes can hold it.
  • Also never turn your back on a girl with a spear that says she's going to kill you.
  • Tommen's gonna die at some point this season and watching Cersei finally go 100% mad bitch will be a glorious performance.

yeah Martells twist was pretty rad. now they can't go back to anything that already happened in the books(Quentin and Aegon's arcs).  so basically after not being forced to stick to books anymore the show's got new life. 

not sure if Daenerys will go for Westeros at all - in episode 3 she should reach Vaes Dothrak, which is pretty far even from free cities.

also looking at episodes titles at some website a week ago it's was clear that Greyjoys will appear, which would be awesome because i really liked Victarion, Euron and Aeron. pirates are the shit! but now they have removed all but three first episode titles. some strange shit's going on. 

what i'm really curious about now is what's going on in Oldtown. prologue chapter of book 4 gave me dem thrills. 

general show complaints

(episode 1 spoilers)

Spoiler

- I have never found Daenerys to be that interesting. She's using up a looooot of screen time hanging around Dothraki/desert cities, I really hope her story pays off in the end.

- Arya has been "training" a lot, I hope this blind combat training doesn't take too long. She just had that awesome Meryn Trant murder scene, but now she's kinda back to square one..

- The entire Dorne storyline seems to be so poorly handled. The Sand Snakes' acting and dialogue has been crap. It's kind of crazy that Doran and Areo got killed after getting so little screen time. Could've been cool to see actual fight scenes with Areo & Trystane, but no, they just get one-shot killed. (Yeah, Trystane probably wasn't much of a fighter, but it would've been funny to see the whip girl toy with him for a bit).

Anyway, I generally like everything else in the show.

welp so Jon is alive. OMG HOW UNEXPECTED!! ...not. was hoping there would be more to it but w/e. i'm curious how they will play his card later on.

also Greyjoys are in the game now, which is really good imo. besides now D&D have more screen time to drag the show without making up their own stuff. the same thing goes with Bran. now there is quite a definite possibility that we'll see Robert/Ned vs Rhaegar fight. 

so i'd say they(D&D) prolly took a defensive strategy trying to use as much of books' plots as they can before doing some drastic changes.  

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

Hide contents

welp so Jon is alive. OMG HOW UNEXPECTED!! ...not. was hoping there would be more to it but w/e. i'm curious how they will play his card later on.

also Greyjoys are in the game now, which is really good imo. besides now D&D have more screen time to drag the show without making up their own stuff. the same thing goes with Bran. now there is quite a definite possibility that we'll see Robert/Ned vs Rhaegar fight. 

so i'd say they(D&D) prolly took a defensive strategy trying to use as much of books' plots as they can before doing some drastic changes.  

We all knew this was going to happen. But I took a look at the oath of the Night's Watch:

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Doesn't this mean that Jon is released from this vows?

yeah but still it's hard to predict what he's gonna do next. will he leave Night's Watch for Winterfell/someplace else or stay there and lead the defense against White walkers/Others. both are quite the possibilities. 

Note: Not putting spoiler tags. If you haven't seen the latest eps, then you shouldn't even be visiting this thread.

It's about time HE woke up. :D

Now that the two dragons have been freed, are they gonna search for their mother or do whatever they feel like? Tyrion's got some serious balls to go in there like that!

Ramsay Snow, wow this guy. I hope he gets the death that he deserves soon, in the most satisfying way.

And finally we get to see Bran (however you spell his name). Learning Hodor's past seems like a filler to me. If Bran's role this season is mainly flashbacking, then I guess we'll get to see Ned at some point.

I was having worries Jon would wake up as a Wight for a minute there. Because even though it felt like all signs led to his resurrection, GRRM isn't usually so kind. Ramsay's death is going to be one of the most satisfying, definitely. But I love to hate that guy so I hope it's not too soon. xD 

I think we will see some young Ned, but I feel like Bran's flashbacks will be mainly to tell Lyanna's story. I feel like everyone else has people that could share their story from the current time in some way but Lyanna needs the flashbacks and it works to explain Bran's magic as well. I also hope the Hodor nugget wasn't just filler, like Bran finding out what happened to him could drive the Lyanna plot in some way.

When using a spoiler it would help the non-readers of the books if you state what the spoiler contain, just to tip us off. I haven't opened up the spoilers over here because I don't know what I'll find. Spoilers from the series? Spoilers from the books? A mix of both?

Anyway, I think this season's really started off well. Ramsay Snow is kinda walking the same path as Joffery did. The kind of shitkid I disliked and wanted death to begin with, but am now starting to fall in love with. He's despicable in a lovely way.

16 hours ago, Gaz said:

Hide contents

yeah but still it's hard to predict what he's gonna do next. will he leave Night's Watch for Winterfell/someplace else or stay there and lead the defense against White walkers/Others. both are quite the possibilities. 

I think he will hunt Ramsay now, he will lead the army of wildlings with him, I guess.

21 minutes ago, Bear said:

Anyway, I think this season's really started off well. Ramsay Snow is kinda walking the same path as Joffery did. The kind of shitkid I disliked and wanted death to begin with, but am now starting to fall in love with. He's despicable in a lovely way.

Now that the series introduced Euron Greyjoy, and seems to make him the new guy to hate, I am guessing Ramsay's days are numbered.  The way Joffrey did when Ramsay was introduced.

11 hours ago, Bear said:

When using a spoiler it would help the non-readers of the books if you state what the spoiler contain, just to tip us off.

Very true, I support this suggestion.

I'm going to continue spoiler-tagging stuff from the latest episode.. I almost got spoiled by this thread yesterday (I don't watch it until Monday nights), because the "activity stream" shows the latest post...

(episode 2 discussion)

Spoiler

- Holy crap at the body count in this episode.

- So Jon is back, however it remains unclear how that happened. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it's hard to know if Melisandre's ritual brought him back or if it was just a coincidence that he woke up for some other reason after she made the attempt. Also remains to be seen if he will suffer any negative effects from resurrection. There should be a price.

- Sleeping Ghost is so cuuuuuuuute. 

- Sad to see Roose Bolton go. His death actually surprised me (though I should've seen it coming). Ramsay is so over-the-top one-dimensional evil.. he's both entertaining to watch and terribly boring. Roose's political scheming, and the potential of his schemes clashing with Littlefinger's, could've been cool to see.

- Bran viewing Ned/Benjen/Lyanna's past is interesting, for multiple reasons.

- I miss Cersei's wig. I love well-styled long hair .. I really want her & Jaime to fuck up the cultists this season. I can't stand them. Got high hopes for zombie Mountain..

5p0Crch.gif 

- Great episode overall.. especially since there were no Daenerys / Sand Snakes scenes... lol

Edited by peffy

@peffy

The books never go into how a soul is revived. We know it requires the Red God's blessing and some steps, but the steps we saw Melisandre take don't seem too complex. GRRM doesn't go into explaining how magic works at all.

I saw that idea on 9gag and I tried to do something similar , but with monochrome. I'm not really good , especially at choosing colors. I wasn't sure about what logo to make and what motto to use ... I just found a logo online...

I like v2 more.

V1.

WDe4UGY.png

V2.IXcLvej.png

This episode killed meeeeeee

Spoiler

I think Jon really did come back different. Did anyone else feel the old Jon wouldn't have hung Olly for killing someone? Maybe it's just me but Jon seemed more vengeful. And then his big "fuck you, I'm out" skdjfhdlshfshsl Things are finally going somewhere!!!!

I'm not sure what to put stock in with Dany because it feels like her dragon is gonna have to show up to save her again. Even if she uses it to convince the Dothraki to help her retake Slaver's Bay. But I guess she needs to get that army again somehow. 

And that Tower of Joy tease wtfffffff. They are enjoying torturing the R+L=J theorists. lol.

Anyone else hope the Umber Rickon reveal is a con? Timing seems interesting that they would just show up now and reveal they had a Stark this entire time especially when he's an "heir to the North" and could be of better use marrying him into their own family and killing Ramsay themselves? idk. Seems fishy to me.