Sign in to follow this  
Prophet

"Mention" system

Yo people,

I suddenly have this crazy idea, what do you say if we could mention the other member, and then the mentioned member will get a notification that he/she is being mentioned. (pretty much the same with Facebook & Twitter system).

I dunno if it is possible, i just feel like spilling my thought here.

Cool idea actually. I think we would pretty much need to find a premade mod for that, don't know if one exists, but we could look into that.

Wouldn't it be a problem that people don't always spell out a person's full name? Most people say "Champ" and not "Champ213" and "Cat" instead of "Cat5", "Kai" instead of "kai_desu" and so on...

Plus, think of all the users that use names of band members, songs etc. as username. I guess that would create a lot of false hits.

Wouldn't it be a problem that people don't always spell out a person's full name? Most people say "Champ" and not "Champ213" and "Cat" instead of "Cat5", "Kai" instead of "kai_desu" and so on...

Plus, think of all the users that use names of band members, songs etc. as username. I guess that would create a lot of false hits.

I am going to look into it. If it seems feasibly, I will talk with the other admins and mods about putting it in to place.

I am going to look into it. If it seems feasibly, I will talk with the other admins and mods about putting it in to place.

I am pretty much aware of that. Another problem is many people change their ID name quite often here.

But you know, in facebook if you write '@' and then the initial alphabet of the person you want to mention, there will be automatic correction pop up box which I believe will avoid such matter.

See this image:

r9fmtl.jpg

But I believe it will be more and more difficult to apply. XD

I've always thought it would be nice to get a notification if someone quoted a post you made or something like that so it would be a bit easier to keep up with conversations and threads you've made.

I believe there is such kind of mod that Number Girl just mentioned.

Because there's a forum i joined been applicating it and even a costumized background on profile.

I've always thought it would be nice to get a notification if someone quoted a post you made or something like that so it would be a bit easier to keep up with conversations and threads you've made.

Ah, getting notification if somebody quoted our post(s) would be neat as well.

Because there's a forum i joined been applicating it and even a costumized background on profile.

But how about the mention thingy? have you ever seen applicable mod for this in other forums?

But how about the mention thingy? have you ever seen applicable mod for this in other forums?

So far, not. But may be possible, but i guess it gonna need new field in our profile page then.

So we can view who mentions who.

Sign in to follow this