OHP: http://www.xtripx.com

Some PVs

サクライロ「Sakura iro」

Dream Catcher[-Re:evolutioN-]Mix

glitter

trust

Any verse

RIDE-HAZARD

I just realised they don't have a post (at least I couldn't find it) and decided to create one xDD I hope you like them!!

I love this band. :'D <3 Thanks for making the topic.

I reallly really hope they start releasing new tunes.

lol, guess no one updates here frequently. Looks like there's a new single on the way for March and the trio has released a new single back in October and a mini-album on xmas. Yay xTRiPx!

Oh yeah, i kinda forgot about this thread because nobody seemed to care about it xDD I've updated it, and maybe we can propose some matters to discuss about the band and see if maybe some of the fans they have on this forum come here to discuss with us!

I'll start with some questions:

What's your favorite song by xTRiPx?

What's your favorite release by xTRiPx?

Did you like them better when they were five or do you like them more now as a trio?

Do you think they need to hire more people? If so, can you think of anybody in the scene that you think would fit the band?

Favorite song: limpid

Favorite release: rasPberry on the LiPs

I think it liked them as 5, but when Yukine was with them :x I mean, I know rucchi was with them near the beginning, but their style changed after Yukine left and rucchi returned. I didn't like Chobi at all >>;

I think they're fine as a trio. I know they're quite a musical bunch and the fact that ena and yoshito are bros, plus having their other brother in Cat fisT helps too? Their style has definitely changed though and I'm glad they're still a bit heavy, compared to DIV >>;

What's your favorite song by xTRiPx? サクライロ because from what i remember it is the first pv/song i watched from them randomly on youtube and made me interested in their music ^^

What's your favorite release by xTRiPx? I will have to say (although this is a very difficult question to answer -_- love everythin they have done ) their recent mini album Lo+ver.. Simply perfect :)

Did you like them better when they were five or do you like them more now as a trio? I dont really care how many they are as long as the vocalist is Yo shiT oooo <3  :D

Do you think they need to hire more people? If so, can you think of anybody in the scene that you think would fit the band? I cant really answer this because i dont know anyone -_- but as long as they dont disband/hiatus etc im more than happy :D

Did you like them better when they were five or do you like them more now as a trio? I dont really care how many they are as long as the vocalist is Yo shiT oooo <3  :D

Good answer! lol

I wonder if the Sakura Iro PV you saw on yt was mine :0 I know I was the first one to upload it xD

Good answer! lol

:D

wonder if the Sakura Iro PV you saw on yt was mine :0

i think this was the video i had seen :D

I know I was the first one to upload it xD

Oh, cool :D

lol :D i copy pasted what i wrote and put the spaces together and it doesnt work :D if i copy paste  it by the video it works and its the same thing o.O

Oh lol, because it is underlined.....

I'm gonna answer the questions too xDD

Instead of saying the song we like the most, why don't we make a top 5 or something? xDDD

1. I's

2. 雨色ドロップ

3. Astrovibes

4. ホシノカケラ

5. limpid

My favorite release would be Digital' a Nature or ハルイロプラスチック

Though as a trio they are completely fine, I think they should get at least a new guitarist, I really think bands sound better with two guitarists than with one. As for bassists, Yo-shiT has managed to record all the bass for these last few releases, and they have a support bassist so that's fine. It would be nice if they got a bassist too though xDDD

Aaand, did any of you notice in the song past<future, there's a verse where Yo-shiT raps and he mentions a lot of former members of the band? Here is it:

"Meittenaide mae wo mina

[maa iiya] nagisa

cuz i thinking kowashite yukinee saa

yuri no kaoru natsukashii basho

shougo no kane ga naru mou ikanakucha

chobitto dake asobi kokoro hisomaseta

nannin ni todoku no kana and I

oretachi no ikisama wo kizamu

kore de oK! yoshi to sukka"

i really loved the song, but when I realized this it made me like it even more xDD can you find any more members that I couldn't?? (it's really weird that he didn't include ruchi)

Oh wow, i didn't even catch that! Then again, I didn't look at the lyrics :x I used to translate them back in the day. Now my nihongo is super rusty xD;; I wonder why Rucchi isn't there either. I'm so behind with everything, but i just discovered his new band Dollars today;;

I definitely agree that 2 guitarists are better than one, however obviously with recordings, you can always layer on the guitars nicely. 

Okay, my top 5 then!

1. limpid

2. honey...

3. Rem.

4. clever noise (off the snow white butterfly vers.)

5. Dream Catcher (1st version! lol)

mmh!

For me I guess it would be probably be:
yours only
lily
sakura iro
over
I miss u

lol I have such a light taste

Fav release: aahh maybe Siesta

I think I liked them more when they were a 5 man band but I guess the trio isn't bad either.

And I think the 3 of them staying this way is fine. I mean getting a bassist and a guitarist would be cool too but 3 is fine.

"Meittenaide mae wo mina

[maa iiya] nagisa

cuz i thinking kowashite yukinee saa

yuri no kaoru natsukashii basho

shougo no kane ga naru mou ikanakucha

chobitto dake asobi kokoro hisomaseta

nannin ni todoku no kana and I

oretachi no ikisama wo kizamu

kore de oK! yoshi to sukka"

Any chance of someone translating this?

I cant choose a favorite song by them. They are my favorite band since bis disbanded. Everything Yoshito touches is gold!

Any chance of someone translating this?

It's been a while since I've done any translating, but here's the super duper rough/general idea. Keep in mind though, it's a play on words/sounds. The names arent actually in the lyrics, but the way certain symbols are pronounced, sounds like names.

Also, I havent looked at the song in its entirety, so I'm not 100% on context, however I'm sure it has something to do with xTRiPx's history (hence past<future)

Looking out on before, I wasn't feeling depressed

"Ah, no way" kind of skills
cuz i thinking of going off and destroying it.
In a desired place like Kaoru Yuri
When the midday bells ring, I do not want to leave
It was only a little, but I hid my playing heart
and i, am I reaching everyone? 
It is carved that it's our way of life
This is oK! Isn't this considered a good thing?

And for those who want to correct me (please do):

滅入ってないで前を見な
「まあいいや。」な技さ
cuz i thinking 壊して行きねえさあ
百合のカヲル懐かしい場所
正午の鐘が鳴る、もう行かなくちゃ
ちょびっとけど遊び心潜ませた
何人に届くのかな?and i
俺たちの生き様を刻む
これでoK!良しとすっか

Hmm, seems like I'm the only one here who prefers their newer songs over their older ones :P (their older stuff are still amazing though..)

My top 5:

crossover
classic
yours only
Dream Catcher
Lovers

Best release would have to be their "Any verse" album - it's def in the top 3 releases of 2013 for me. ;)

滅入ってないで前を見な
「まあいいや。」な技さ
cuz i thinking 壊して行きねえさあ
百合のカヲル懐かしい場所
正午の鐘が鳴る、もう行かなくちゃ
ちょびっとけど遊び心潜ませた
何人に届くのかな?and i
俺たちの生き様を刻む
これでoK!良しとすっか

Thanks for the Kanji :) I fully agree that it's a reflection on coming to terms with the past and, accordingly, the band's own history.

Here's my take on the lyrics (some extrapolations based on the context in parentheses):

To look ahead without being depressed

Being able to say, "Well that's alright"

Cuz i'm thinking I'm not going to destroy them:

The fragrance of lilies and that nostalgic place.

But the midday bell tolls and I must go

It wasn't much, but I stashed my desire to (stay)

How many people can (my thoughts) reach?

Having etched all our different lives into my mind,

It's ok just like this; isn't it fine?

To look ahead without being depressed

Being able to say, "Well that's alright"

Cuz i'm thinking I'm not going to destroy them:

The fragrance of lilies and that nostalgic place.

But the midday bell tolls and I must go

It wasn't much, but I stashed my desire to (stay)

How many people can (my thoughts) reach?

Having etched all our different lives into my mind,

It's ok just like this; isn't it fine?

Awesome! Sounds way better (and more sensical) than what I had xD