Sign in to follow this  
Rosà

topic tags

I have an idea. It's small, but i've observed it and could a little help. The problem are tags. Sometimes it's irritating to fix all the tags in minis, albums etc, if someone writes a tag into the subject of a post. My suggestion is: why it shouldn't be done automatically? I mean here: if someone write for album, single or even request something like "[album]/[single]/[Req]/[req]" it could be tagged automatically to color. As I see, these kind of tags are leaved and don't seem easthetic sometimes.

How do you find this idea, if you got, what I mean actually?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, I'm learning german since october and have no time to improve my english, so sorry for all mistakes and missunderstands ;)

Well, I'm not sure if this is possible. The topic tags funtion already is a special mod that's added to the forum, it cannot be changed so that it would automatically change written titles to topic tags (I'm guessing that's what you meant).

We would have to find another mod for it, and it's quite possible that none exists with that specific feature. I will look around a bit though.

I guess people just have to remember to use the drop-down menu and select a tag.

Yup, that's it ;)

So if I understand it correctly, it should be added a new mod which would do something like this? It's not possible to overwrite it or add an connection between the tags and typing? Maybe my question is stupid, but i haven't big knowledge about technical side and how this is written ;)

Yup, that's it ;)

It's not possible to overwrite it or add an connection between the tags and typing?

As I said, no. The current mod is just not designed to do that, it works completely different.

If no mod with those features exists already, the only other option would be to write such a mod ourselves (if that was even possible). However, none of us is really knowledgeable enough with phpbb to write it, plus we are working on other stuff that has higher priority.

In the end, the current mod is working just fine, if all poeple would just use it.

Sign in to follow this