Sign in to follow this  
fitear1590

Subscribing to users in the download section

Just a random idea that popped into my head today, so it may not be fully thought out, BUT:

I was thinking it might be a cool idea if you could "subscribe" to certain users' posts.

It would probably be only useful for the download section, but think. Certainly you know of some particular users that you share similar music tastes/ you know they always post stuff that you are interested in checking out. But if it's a release that no one replies to, it can easily get flooded out by the more popular releases that get constantly re-bumped, soon disappearing into oblivion.

If you could "subscribe" to users' download posts, you could get an email (or something) and be notified. That way, if you take a "hiatus" or don't CHECK THE FORUM ERRDAY, you still won't miss out on some awesome stuff from your favorite uploaders! It might be a nice way to get some of the less popular releases some more publicity (provided you have some loyal subscribers, :wink: )

Any thoughts? /is it even possible to implement such a thing?

Hmm.. cool idea for me, i dont check this forum everyday as well, it would be neat if we could get the noification via email from posts of those members we are subscribing to. (sounds too convenient tho, i doubt it is possible to apply this idea)

And i would definitely subscribe Arya92~ xD

Anyway, 2nd this.

Even if we could, it will be a looooong way before it came into realization.

What i am aware right now is that we have terribly long list

that we going have to do with this forum first.

Before we can take more suggestions into something real.

But this is a good idea.

Btw Arya haven't been online in a long time now,

And i can't seem to find his twitter anymore on my list, maybe he already deleted it.

The last time he tweeted was around the New Year, after months of no updates.

Yeah i see that you guys have a lot of list-to-do in hand right now, just maintain the suggestion one by one, we will wait for the realization patiently.

And now that you mention it, Arya92 has not been around lately, wonder what happened with him, oh god i miss his miraculous swift uploads. XD

Imma check if his Last.fm is still active and try to reach him.

I can check if there is a pre-existing mod for this feature.

However, in the meantime you could use specialized search strings for this:

1. Copy this into your browser:

http://www.monochrome-heaven.com/search.php?terms=all&author=Champ213&sc=1&sf=firstpost&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&submit=Search&fid[]=13&

2. Replace the username by whatever user's uploads you want to follow and press enter.

3. Bookmark the page and check it often. Repeat with other username and bookmark it too, etc.

Use the method I mentioned above. It doesn't have eMail notifications, but it lets you find uploads by your favourite poster with one click.

I did look around and couldn't find a mod that would add this particular feature, so I guess the workaround I described is the next best thing for now.

Use the method I mentioned above. It doesn't have eMail notifications, but it lets you find uploads by your favourite poster with one click.

I did look around and couldn't find a mod that would add this particular feature, so I guess the workaround I described is the next best thing for now.

I also looked and found nothing. Only way this would happen is if I coded it, and I just don't have the time for that at the moment ;-;

Sign in to follow this