Sign in to follow this  
nuke

Visual Kei Band Names.

as we all know, the vkei scene is infamous for some of the most ridiculous band names, but what is the most ridiculous vkei band name you've heard of? (・ω・)

there are probably a lot more, but the first ones that pop into my head are DragonWAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPER, and Dear Bitch. (≧∇≦)

also if you had a vkei band, what would you name it? ( ̄∇ ̄) can be serious or ridiculous lol.

THE KIDDIE is a pretty ridiculous one.

i've always thought THE KIDDIE was really cute! (;3;) but every time i mentioned it in real life, the other person who look at me weird, like "... they named their band The Kitty"? ( ̄∇ ̄)

THE KIDDIE is a pretty ridiculous one.

i've always thought THE KIDDIE was really cute! (;3;) but every time i mentioned it in real life, the other person who look at me weird, like "... they named their band The Kitty"? ( ̄∇ ̄)

Ahahaha. Right. Or they think it's something perverted. xD

Ahahaha. Right. Or they think it's something perverted. xD

LOL i've gotten that before. "ARE THEY PEDOS"

-I definitely HATE bandnames that are just one letter

like M and A (ok A have anonymous blablabla side name but still). I mean, how in the world am I gonna find anything about them if I don't know where to search, except for google!?

-the bands that use parts of the books names or similar are pain in the ass to find too. Like (cyano de) Bergerac and Virgil (Roman writer). Also, Dali. Not only it's a superpopular artist, there is more than one vk band named dali!?!?

-there is a band called …。【サイレンス】 (.... (silence)). Well, what, when I'm talking about the band, am I supposed to just shut up and stay silent for a few seconds instead of saying the band name?

-vNEU is actually νNeu. ν is greek for N, yet everyone say/write it with V (student of ancient greek language talking here). The band seriously must take care of it

-Being in my favorite bands list, Boogieman and Dolly are so ridiculously hard to find on google or youtube (especially dolly since 1) they don't get all the attention they deserve so not much videos are up on yt and 2) there's 100000 times more popular dolly parton that comes out even when I'm searching with a katakana writing)

-ASS'n'ARRow was a band as epic as their name is :D

-Baggy bogy-what?

-CatFist?

-Cocklobin... wait, you mean Cock LoVin??

-Adapter. and Administrator??? XDD

-Luzmelt, Mejibray, FEST VAINQUEUR (although I still can't pronounce Vainqueur, but that's okay cuz I'm pretty sure not even bandmembers can), Edogawa Paradox, Irokui and Medi@lize are by far the best names I came across

-wait, wait, I'm not done with bitching. Crazy★shampoo!?!?!??!?!?

-I kinda like plasticzooms and Baroque as a name for a band *-* even though baroque perfectly fits into 'how in the world am I supposed to find you in google results'

-a lot of bands use girls names for their bandname, and I'm honestly very very annoyed by that. eg VanessA, Cindy&Kate, SOPHIA etc

-I love Panic channel, Hucci, Lolita23Q and DOREMIdan. Those names are absolutely perfect-easy to remember and easy to find (ignore the fact that there is also an american band named THE panic channel, and that Hucci were extremely unpopular)

I'd name my band Moi~oder~Toi?® (complete with the registered mark on it.)

Pseudo German and French that are rather pointless FTW :300:

-there is a band called …。【サイレンス】 (.... (silence)). Well, what, when I'm talking about the band, am I supposed to just shut up and stay silent for a few seconds instead of saying the band name?

LOL!

A few more:

SHILFEE AND TULIPCOROBOCKLES

サンドイッチで120 分? (Sandwich de hyaku ni jippun?)

マカロニ (makaroni)

And jealkb too, because it makes me think of a jelly kebab.

9Goats Black Out (sounded silly to me back in 2009...and still sounds silly as hell)

The whole ex-name of "Paradeis"

The whole ex-name of "Nogod"

ASS'n'ARRow (lol)

Basically most neo-oshare bands these days have funny names

ALSO:

I remember myself bursting out of laughing while hearing Dir en grey's name for the first time in 2001 (aka the reason why I mentioned this year is because they were vk back then). You might take it as a cool band name, yeah, but it was, and is STILL TACKY AND STUPID for me tbqh :arg:

And jealkb too, because it makes me think of a jelly kebab.

jealkb's name is actually pretty clever though! (・∀・)

some more i can think of are (though not all vkei):

• ・ bishoujo men vlossom
    ・ the skull fuck revolvers
    ・ greeeen
    ・ maximum the hormone

the ones with common words or names as their band name are indeed quite annoying to search up. (・︵・)

xTRiPx

Blu-BiLLioN

【_Vani;lla】

DIS★Marionette

And all other bands who mess around with fancy symbols or strange capitalization in their names. There are a few exceptions (like exist†trace) but those aren't as bad as the examples above.

Also, all names in terrible English, for example: 凛 -the end of corruption world-. Seriously? It would have to be either The End of Corruption or The End of the Corrupted World, but definitely not -end of corruption world- ... :|

Robin Kampf Alfred (i think that was their name)

D'espairs Ray (the what?)

kill my bleeding smile (japanese but not vk at all, still...)

Crazy★shampoo has already been named, now again

and pretty much every wrong translated french/german or whatever bandname (schwarz stein, rentrer en soi and all the others...)

Robin Kampf Alfred (i think that was their name)

D'espairs Ray (the what?)

kill my bleeding smile (japanese but not vk at all, still...)

Crazy★shampoo has already been named, now again

and pretty much every wrong translated french/german or whatever bandname (schwarz stein, rentrer en soi and all the others...)

Wasn't D'espairsRay's original name +D'espairsRay+, too?

And Nega had a name that was also ridiculous. ネガ 04200921580406177042

I like band names that use math or grammar.

D≒SIRE , 【zo:diaek】 , ∋elf gravity∈ , ∑-sigma- , [_Van;illa] , etc.

You mean 【zɔ́ːdi̽æ̀k】? lol. Along those lines, one of the most ridiculous is ex-Kiryu Lυτёη∀ (who I actually liked, but that's beside the point).

I actually love names with a bit of decoration (eg. D≒SIRE, Mareydi†Creia'), but the ones that go crazy with Euro/Greek/Russian letter forms (the two above) are just too obnoxious! I also hate bands that don't know what their name is, eg. ZI:KILL / Zi+Kill / Zi∻Kill ...

on the topic of bands who don't know what their name is, it's ridiculously annoying to tag some artists who keep changing the stylization of their band name, like AILE. (¬__¬) there are three different tags for them on last.fm: AILE, AILE, and Aile. and let's not get started on ν[NEU] lol.

You mean 【zɔ́ːdi̽æ̀k】? lol. Along those lines, one of the most ridiculous is ex-Kiryu Lυτёη∀ (who I actually liked, but that's beside the point).

I actually love names with a bit of decoration (eg. D≒SIRE, Mareydi†Creia'), but the ones that go crazy with Euro/Greek/Russian letter forms (the two above) are just too obnoxious! I also hate bands that don't know what their name is, eg. ZI:KILL / Zi+Kill / Zi∻Kill ...

i'unno. Blame Arithmetica for using that tag since I pulled most of them out of her library ;O

i'unno. Blame Arithmetica for using that tag since I pulled most of them out of her library ;O

Heeeeeeeeeeeey that's how it came off the CD. I prefer 【zo:diaek】over that retarded bullshit 【zɔ́ːdi̽æ̀k】version.

Also I hate †яi¢к

You need to mail that to someone so he can rip it for us and so that we can hear. I SIMPLY MUST KNOW.

Hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I may just do that. Certain people might be receiving a PM soon :D

Wasn't implying that anyone should actually use that name, just showing how ridiculous those names can get! Ooh which reminds me, one of my early favorites was ∀ile≒de〔Σu〕!

Also I hate †яi¢к

Yes!! Like, it doesn't even look good from an aesthetic point of view. The proportions and kerning are so weird! I also hate it because you might look at it and think “oh, some weird little band of newcomers who don't know any better” but then you realize it's made up of 40 year olds.

You need to mail that to someone so he can rip it for us and so that we can hear. I SIMPLY MUST KNOW.
Hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I may just do that. Certain people might be receiving a PM soon :D

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must hear such insanity, I would totally (maybe) name something Diet coke head barbie dreams, if it probably wasn't copyrighted (by satan and pals) .

Sign in to follow this