Hammock for whatever reason doesn't do much for me. I think they are just a bit too ambient for my tastes or something.

yndi halda are awesome (hasn't been stated enough)

also, if im not mistaken they're currently putting together a new album so that's fucking exciting.

i was wondering where this thread was because surely you guys wouldn't have forgotten about this awesome genre! well, i finally found it. i love post-rock, but i still haven't heard a great amount of bands. i mostly like mono, inspirative, and pg.lost. and you could say envy too even though they're more screamo and hardcore. i've heard a bit of god is an astronaut and el ten eleven too.

anyway, it seems like inspirative is not very well-known here. they're a talented thai post-rock band. here's a sample from their new album  just last year.

but i would really recommend stuff from their 2010 album.

yndi halda are awesome (hasn't been stated enough)

also, if im not mistaken they're currently putting together a new album so that's fucking exciting.

SPEAKING OF YNDI HALDA

they got a new song out off the new album coming out march 4th

their only album released 10 years ago and this is their first material after that massive hiatus

i havent given it a listen yet but their old material was essentially godspeed on antidepressants

http://www.stereogum.com/1857122/yndi-halda-together-those-leaves-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/

edit: i literally cant breathe...oh my god...

SPEAKING OF YNDI HALDA

they got a new song out off the new album coming out march 4th

their only album released 10 years ago and this is their first material after that massive hiatus

i havent given it a listen yet but their old material was essentially godspeed on antidepressants

http://www.stereogum.com/1857122/yndi-halda-together-those-leaves-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/

edit: i literally cant breathe...oh my god...

That was great - gave me a strong Balmorhea vibe, which certainly isn't a bad thing.

Been a fan of pg.lost for years now, and I'll be seeing them live with Alcest and Mono at the end of next month. Gonna be an evening to remember for sure.

I've only check out one of pg.lost's albums, but I dug it. I'll have to try their new one.

8 hours ago, Bear said:

Been a fan of pg.lost for years now, and I'll be seeing them live with Alcest and Mono at the end of next month. Gonna be an evening to remember for sure.

Now that sounds like a hell of a show! Alcest's Kodama is in the running to be one of my top albums of the year.

On 2016-10-11 at 11:54 PM, Ito said:

Now that sounds like a hell of a show! Alcest's Kodama is in the running to be one of my top albums of the year.

kodama is gobsmackingly good RUN N TELL DAT

Mono was nothing short of brilliant. Four people on stage and no playback, yet it was like hearing 30 men playing. Immense, massive, majestic and intense.

Alcest was great as usual too. Might be the best Alcest gig I've seen till now.

Both bands had perfect sound, too. Could hear every instrument clear as day. I've heard a lot of people talk about Parkteateret as the best stage in Norway, and based on this gig that's probably right. Amazing!