Quick impressions on the suggestion you had:

Light Dim and Gallery Six - I have been keeping their bandcamp page open for the last couple days, I will get around to buying their most recent release soon here XD. I dig it, reminds me a lot of The American Dollar

This album is all over the net now. I can probably fetch you a link if you need it! :D

As for post-rock I've been enjoying, the new ef album "Ceremonies" is splendid!!!

I've been meaning to download that. I had my entire iPod on shuffle today and three tracks from ef's last album came on and I listened to every one...I think it is a sign lol.

And yes, if you are willing to share I am more than willing to receive XD

Yeah man, check that album out! I'm not very well-versed in non-jp post-rock, but man, that album is great. Although it was my first time listening to an album by ef, so I have no clue how it stacks up to their previous works.

Check your pms shortly, man! :'D

Ooh a post rock thread.

Any love here for Russian Circles? Usually pretty sinister sounding stuff for "post rock", I feel like it's more emotional instead of atmospheric, which a lot of post rock likes to be... (not that it's a negative thing). So they might or might not scratch your post-rock itch but try them out.

They got a new album coming out at the end of this month, and next month they're touring Europe with lovely Chelsea Wolfe, so I'm going to see them on my birthday! Saw them a couple years back, it's hard to believe how huge these guys sound for being just a three-piece band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF75kI1iiEw

Just something a friend recommended to me the other day and I surprisingly digged it a LOT. Like, more than I thought I would...

Although the whole album Above The Earth, Below The Sky album was good, this song somehow struck some nostalgic chords with me > <

I only have If These Trees Could Talk's album Red Forest from 2012, but it is fantastic. I like the dark vibe that runs through the entire album...I really should check out some of their earlier stuff. Glad to hear that you enjoy them, though.

Can anyone recommend me ambient post-rock? Things such as Mono, Yndi Halda, The Evpatoria Report and so on. Post-rock bands that often reminds me of ambient landscapes and such. Of course, great, powerful build ups are a part of that.

Lets see here, I will quick go through my music and see if I can't give you some good recommendations.

God is an Astronaut

Kind of safe choice, but they for sure fall in to the more ambient side of things. I can't say I am super crazy about them, but I do enjoy them from time to time. Their songs are for sure on the shorter side for being a post rock band, though.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

One of the staples in the post rock genre. Their most recent album (Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!) is a very ambient album...hell, I would almost think you could categorize it as drone metal at some points. GY!BE tends to be a very polarizing band, though, so I wouldn't be shocked if you couldn't stand them

SLEEPMAKESWAVES

Certainly not every SMW song is ambient, and they tend to have a mix of longer and shorter songs, but I think they are one of the top post rock bands and you shouldn't miss out on them either way. Their 2011 album "...and so we destroyed everything" is my favorite by them.

EARTH

Minimalist drone metal...very slow paced stuff.

Hammock

Honestly, this band is too ambient for me, I just find that their is not enough going on in the songs for me to really enjoy them. But I know some people that love them, so they are worth recommending anyways.

Anoice

I am not sure I would call them rock at all, but they do very nice things in the ambient space. Their album The Black Rain has a very bleak feeling to it and some of the songs just kind of give me the chills (in a good way).

EF

Once again, I would not say that all of their tracks are ambient, especially some of the songs that use vocals, but I think they are worth checking out anyways. Ceremonies is easily making it on my list of best albums of 2013.

Kasan

post rock tinged with sludge metal, some of their songs might be a bit faster paced than what you are looking for, but I think songs like "An Emerald Dream" of off Drown will fit the bill nicely.

LEECH

Ambient-ish post rock with a bit of electronic elements mixed in.

Matryoshka

Very soft ambient music with tranquil female vocals. I uploaded their album Laideronnette here not than long ago, so there is no excuse not to at least try them

The Pirate Ship Quintet

A mix of classical, post rock, ambient. Most of it is pretty calm and soothing, but the climaxes can be pretty intense.

Good Weather For An Airstrike

Another band that is a bit too ambient for my liking, but they get a lot of love, so hey, maybe you will like them more than me.

Sigur Ros

At this point, do I need to even say anything about Sigur Ros. For a post rock band, they seem to get a lot of love from everywhere. Very ambient and "airy" stuff with some of the most interesting falsetto vocals.

The Echelon Effect

I put them in the electronic genre and not post rock, but The Echelon Effect probably makes some of my favorite music that I can label and purely ambient.

That list should be good enough to get you going lol. I hope that I didn't get too far off from what you are looking for, though.

There's only a couple of bands there I don't know and I will check 'em out. Earth was a ballsy recommendation, when thinking of what kind of music they used to play and play now. Great band, though.

I haven't tried in a long time, but for some reason I fail to see the great thing about God is an Astronaut, Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Sigur Rós. They should all be my cup of tea, but I find all of them to be rather mediocre. They don't touch me much and fail to relax me. I don't find them to be bad, just a bit boring.

I'm not really into post-stuff, there are only two bands I like. And both happen to be Icelandic.

Sigur Rós - yup. Pretty popular, I guess. There are some songs which are kinda "eeeh" for me, but majority is really enjoyable.

Sólstafir - now, this is metal and not rock, but I would recommend them nonetheless. It's not a pure post-music, it's something very special. I haven't found a single band even slightly similar to Sólstafir. If anyone knows about such band(s), please, do tell me. I love Sólstafir a lot.

There's only a couple of bands there I don't know and I will check 'em out. Earth was a ballsy recommendation, when thinking of what kind of music they used to play and play now. Great band, though.

I haven't tried in a long time, but for some reason I fail to see the great thing about God is an Astronaut, Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Sigur Rós. They should all be my cup of tea, but I find all of them to be rather mediocre. They don't touch me much and fail to relax me. I don't find them to be bad, just a bit boring.

The funny thing is that the three bands you listed I am also kind of "eh" about as well. God is an Astronaut is kind of plain and dull (though I do think they have their moments), GY!BE just feel a bit to pretentious for my tastes, I did enjoy their last album but for sure wouldn't put them in a list of post rock bands I really enjoy. And Sigur Ros...I kind of get why people like them, but I find them a bit bland and their music all kind of blends together. Perhaps your tastes in post rock are closer to mine than I though...and if that is the case I would probably pass on Good Weather For An Airstrike and Hammock and check out Radare instead

Hyrule was very hit and miss. Great when being airy and ambientesque, but when they went away from that I went all "NAAAAW!!!".

Another band(album!)I love is Zharoze's "1911". Brilliant album! More bands that blends in traditional music in their post-rock?

By the way, does someone have "1911" in something higher then 192kbps and are willing to upload on mediafire?

Ricco Label & RiLF have a nice valentine's day present which fits in here pretty well I guess…

Happy Valentine's Day! We uploaded a new song 'count4' of RiLF, the post-rock band formed by the members of Anoice and Calu, who is the vocalist of Matryoshka. You can download the mp3 (320kbps) for free from the following website until 14 March, 2014. This song will never be included in RiLF's albums, and never be sold on any digital stores.

This is a pretty interesting and kind of exclusive collab-track (Sigur Ros on drums, mastered by KASHIWA Daisuke) - so get it while you can! Music wise it's a bit on the fuzzy side with ambient elements and maybe not for everyones taste… just give it a try on Youtube.

RiLF Website: http://rilf.info

The two new Mono EPs leaked in good quality today. Oh yeah! Listening to Rays of Darkness now, a release which is their first in 15 yeas not to include a orchestra. Sounds surprisingly bleak, and amazing as usual.

The two new Mono EPs leaked in good quality today. Oh yeah! Listening to Rays of Darkness now, a release which is their first in 15 yeas not to include a orchestra. Sounds surprisingly bleak, and amazing as usual.

Yeyep...downloaded them, still need to listen! Glad to know you approve of them.

Also big thanks for bumping this thread...completely forgot it even existed XD

Yeah, no problem. Both EPs are fantastic, but Rays of Darkness are my favourite so far. Stunning release.

Mono playing in Oslo in a month. I need to see if I can go there. I have yet to see the band live. Ugh, it'll hurt if I can't go this time either.

Oh nice! I look forward to checking them out. 2014 has been a pretty weak year for Post Rock for me so far, hopefully Mono can change that for me.

Since no one has posted in here is a while I will double post.

Anyone check out any great new post rock lately? I recently checked out Lowercase Noises' album from 2014 which was pretty good, but the last awesome album that I've found was Mono's latest release.

Also, I'm super excited, both toe and Mono will be playing by me this summer! :D

Also, I'm super excited, both toe and Mono will be playing by me this summer! :D

The south has been completely ignored, as usual. I'm glad to see toe playing NA again, however.

I haven't heard much in the way of new post-rock this year, but the new marriages album was pretty nice.