I love Raein so I am gonna check this out. Thanks!

Okay, so to revive this topic: anybody, who've listened to the new Explosions In The Sky album? It was a big letdown for me - not only that the cover is terrible, but the music is also boring. 'Those Who Tell the Truth, Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth, Shall Live Forever' is still my favourite album from them, and it seems, that they just can't/don't want to change their sound and style - every album after that was weaker and weaker, and they have a feeling, that they just write the same songs over and over again. Too bad. ;|

But the new This Will Destroy You kicks ass, darker, heavier and dronier than an avarege post-rock album, and the films of David Lynch also come to my mind when I listen to it, but it's just a new addiction for me, great!

Explosions In The Sky is good post-rock band , I have not listen new album but i wanted to listen it

I love mogwai but not like newst album

I also heard similar about EITS's newest album. Haven't listened to it but if that's the general consensus then I don't need to.

New Russian Circles album by the end of the year, I am pumped. :D

I need to check out some of the recommendations here. Also, new Mogwai was really meeeeeeeeeeh/

I have to be in mood for listening to post-rock (now I am). It's a little difficult for listening but awesome in the same time. When I first listened Mono's Hymn to the Immortal Wind I cried, it's amazing how intsrumental music can touch you so deep. It's not so long I discovered this genre though... What I really appreciate from this genre is that lot of those songs are loooong - even more intensive enjoyment, and classical instruments = music created for me but...

bands I so far enjoy the most:

té - are like an exception because I don't need to be in the mood, so far they're my favorite

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Mono

夢中夢 - I'm not really a fan of high vocals but she's a big exception, the vocals suit the music very well

101A

Pelican - those are more heavy, it's a little unusual for me

Death note soundtrack

God is an Astronaut

toe

I give a try to Russian Circles :).. and even more I guess...

Probably the genre I'm listening the most to right now, I guess my favorite Post-Rock albums ever are "Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven" by GY!BE and "Hymn To The Immortal Wind" by Mono, both of them are incredibly intense.

I highly recommend Her Name Is Calla's album "The Quiet Lamb" by the way, great mix of Post-Rock, classical intruments and some acoustic stuff plus great vocals.

Has anybody got the recent Mogwai album? I think it's decent, but anything but spectacular. The only song that I truly love is "Song For A Forgotten Future" on the bonus disc, much better than the actual album if you ask me.

I've never been a huge Mogwai fan, and I think their new album was boring as well.

You guys need Mono, Dvalà, The Evpatoria Report, Daturah and Yndi Halda.

All those the the calm type of post-rock. Very beautiful, emotional and all that. Also, I've been listening to instrumentalmusic for years and I've enver understood people who find music to be boring as soon as the vocals are gone. I prefer my post-rock without any vocals at all.

Mono alone is so over-rated IMO. I only like their collaboration with World's End Girlfriend, it's their best release for me.

I hardly think they are over-rated, they are just a certain mood music. I hardly ever listen to them, but if I am in the right mood, aww man they are fucking awesome.

I am really not sure how I feel about the new Russian Circles album, Empros. I am hoping it will grow on me, but I just finished my first listen and I was not impressed the way I was when I first listened to any of their other albums. And the last track, which has vocals, kinda blows... Everyone else seems to be praising it, so I am really really hoping it grows on me.

Yeah, I downloaded it, and inono. I like it, it just ins't everything everyone else is saying it is. Their style exudes a certain feel to it, and I think I kind of need to be in a certain mood to enjoy it. Kind of a mixture of upbeat and happy but with a bit of melancholy and nostalgia. It is interesting for sure. I am going to go back and try it again and see what I think about it.

I have been recently enjoying El Ten Eleven. They are pretty different, but I think that is a lot of what I have been enjoying about them.

I like very much post-rock, the problem with that genre is that is very closed i think.

You see Mono, they made great albums until "you are there", but then they just stayed there for the last two albums, same thing for Explosions in the Sky. Of course they are masters of the genre so their's first albums are gems, but now they're quite meh.

Other than the aforementioned bands (GY!BE, which made a great album this year; Caspian; Russian Circles, etc.) I think you should listen to:

Jambinai, korean post-rock/folk band, they mix the post-rock with typical korean instruments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M1Xvws6LRA

Farewell Poetry

Immanu El, they are more like ILikeTrains, but with a better voice and more dynamics

(one of my favourite song in general)

But it's just me or the post-rock bands are 1000 times better live than on disc? That happened to me this year listening to deadhorse, toe (which i didn't liked so much even live) and even Caspian.

I like very much post-rock, the problem with that genre is that is very closed i think.

You see Mono, they made great albums until "you are there", but then they just stayed there for the last two albums, same thing for Explosions in the Sky. Of course they are masters of the genre so their's first albums are gems, but now they're quite meh.

Other than the aforementioned bands (GY!BE, which made a great album this year; Caspian; Russian Circles, etc.) I think you should listen to:

Jambinai, korean post-rock/folk band, they mix the post-rock with typical korean instruments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M1Xvws6LRA

Farewell Poetry

Immanu El, they are more like ILikeTrains, but with a better voice and more dynamics

(one of my favourite song in general)

But it's just me or the post-rock bands are 1000 times better live than on disc? That happened to me this year listening to deadhorse, toe (which i didn't liked so much even live) and even Caspian.

Jumbinai is pretty awesome. Their album has a few blah songs, but over all I found it pretty great.

I can't deal with the spoken words in Farewell Poetry's stuff. That is just not my cup of tea.

Immanu El's vocals are still not really something I like, but they are much better that ILikeTrains (which I think suck). I will check out more of their stuff.

if youre into post rock try Lights Dim and Gallery Six , its a mix of post rock and electronic ambient stuff , very good stuff highly recommended , also check out matryoshka , a japanese band and one of my favorite post rock band In Each Hand A Cutlass , they are from singapore .

http://ineachhandacutlass.bandcamp.com/

Check out In Each Hand A Cutlass ,  really awesome progressive post rock/post metal stuff , of course its only instrumental , and its just a masterpiece , the songs are sometimes heavier sometimes lighter mixing bot parts post rock and post metal together .

My fav songs are Helmets and Fiery Endings and A Universe Made of Strings .

if youre into post rock try Lights Dim and Gallery Six , its a mix of post rock and electronic ambient stuff , very good stuff highly recommended , also check out matryoshka , a japanese band and one of my favorite post rock band In Each Hand A Cutlass , they are from singapore .

http://ineachhandacutlass.bandcamp.com/

Check out In Each Hand A Cutlass ,  really awesome progressive post rock/post metal stuff , of course its only instrumental , and its just a masterpiece , the songs are sometimes heavier sometimes lighter mixing bot parts post rock and post metal together .

My fav songs are Helmets and Fiery Endings and A Universe Made of Strings .

Quick impressions on the suggestion you had:

Light Dim and Gallery Six - I have been keeping their bandcamp page open for the last couple days, I will get around to buying their most recent release soon here XD. I dig it, reminds me a lot of The American Dollar

Matryoshka - These guys are plain awesome. That said, I don't know if I would call them post rock at all...I have really been loving their most recent album, though.

In Each Hand a Cutlass - Solid stuff. It's nice to have some post rock that doesn't feature super long songs. I wouldn't call a masterpiece, but I thoroughly enjoyed their album. I -think- White Boxes might be my favorite track off of the album

Time for me to give some recommendations

The Evpatoria Report

I feel like they are the best band and the slow and dark style of post rock. There is just so much to love about this song.

Sleepmakeswaves

Just try and not fall in love with this song, I dare you.