I've been on a post rock kick lately, wanted to know if anyone else enjoyed the genre.

Some of my favorite post rock bands are Russian Circles, Capricorns, and Mono

the talking fish

Clean of Core

Mouse on the Keys

the DARARS

aie

te'

On my ipod right now so can't ist so much easily but those are some of my favoritrs

These days I've been listening to post-rock stuff as substitute to visual kei....

These are some of the bands I enjoyed listening to :

Japanese :

Envy

Heaven in Her Arms

Matryoshka

World's End Girlfriend

Euphoria

BlindPlace

Fjordne

Monocism

Non-Japanese:

Jesu

Sigur Ros

The American Dollar

My post disappeared?
Apparently XD

I am off to see Russian Circles tonight, should be an awesome time.

I'll for sure be checking out some of the bands that you guys listed though, although I have listened to The Talking Fish, they were alright, but nothing to write home about imo.

i have been into some post-rock stuff alot lately. Feel free to recommend something, an album preferably :D. God Is an Astronaut ( i do hate the pretentious wanker names ) and Les Discrets ( Guess shoegaze is like post-rock :P ) strike the right chords with me at the moment.

Post-rock is great. I'm pretty new to the genre, but the bands that have really impressed me include Russian Circles, Mogwai, This Will Destroy You, and Pelican.

Pelican is very hit or miss for me, some of their stuff is just plain awesome and some of it is kind of boring.

Been doing some listening to Explosions In The Sky because of Pandora lately, they have some really good songs.

I've been listening a lot of Mono these last couple of days. It's definitely something that grows on you but I'm not opposed to it. Some of the best music on my computer.

I've been listening a lot of Mono these last couple of days. It's definitely something that grows on you but I'm not opposed to it. Some of the best music on my computer.
Totally agree with you there. The first time I checked out mono they bored the crap out of me. But now I love them! I almost feel like they need a specific mood to be listened too, at least in my opinion. I love working to them

No that happened to me. It was actually Gen that introduced me to them when I asked her for new music I didn't listen to. She even warned me that they had to grow on me which is why I threw up a warning when I upped Hymn to the Immortal Wind. I think one day I was depressed and mellow and didn't have the energy to listen to heavy stuff so I threw them on since I found them boring and then they rocked my eardrums. That's when I was like "oh crap, this shit is awesome"! They also happened to put me in a good mood too so that was two good things that happened there.

But yeah, I can't just put them on when I'm doing whatever. Totally agreed on that point.

Hello everyone. I'm new here and I will try to introduce myself later. Right now I am not sure about what to write. But I love Post-rock and it is one of my favourite genres. Some of the bands mentioned here isn't Post-rock even though they have used a lot of Post-rock in their last releases (Envy and Heaven in Her Arms) and one that got nothing to do with Post-rock nor Shoegaze (which is nothing like Post-rock btw! ^^). And that band is Les Discrets. All of the three bands is amazing though.

But as for my Post-rock favourites I'll make a short list. I know one is already mentioned. Hehe

Mono

Dvalà

Pg.lost

Ef

The Evpatoria Report

Daturah

I like a lot more but these are my favourite bands. Hope we can keep discussing this amazing genre.

I like post-rock...was addicted to it for a time back in 2008. Though I've become rather selective in the post-rock I choose to listen to nowadays. Don't know why, but I find a good amount of it unable to hold my attention these days.

Guest 膣分泌液

iLiKETRAiNS, Caspian and 65DoS are doing gigs in my pretty small city all within one month.

Dying.

World's End Girlfriend is awesome. i don't know can it be called post-rock, but i love that band

A few more that I would recommend;

eksperimentoj

夢中夢

101A

sgt.

Naan

toe

LITE

Ovum

Amusement Parks on Fire (shoegaze, UK)

Special Others (Jazzy)

I like post-rock...was addicted to it for a time back in 2008. Though I've become rather selective in the post-rock I choose to listen to nowadays. Don't know why, but I find a good amount of it unable to hold my attention these days.

Same for me, I had a period, when I was very much into post-rock and into nearly all post-rock bands, but I think I just got tired of them - and most of the post-rock misses the soul, imho. Still, I'm intrested, for example about Explosions In The Sky's new album - "Earth Is Not A Cold Place" was a big favourite of mine, but the previews sounded just...bad. Most of the post-rock nowdays just sounds the same, or I just always pick the bad/generous ones. xD However, bands like Godspeed You! Black Emperor, iLiKETRAiNS (even though I prefer their older material like "The Beeching Report"), Mono (they are awesome on stage!), and so on.

And some shameless promotion, since I think, hungarian bands really deserve the attention:

pozvakowski.

Experimental post-rock, with some noisy veins, and cinematic soundscapes. One of the best hungarian acts, and one of the best bands, when it comes to the visual side of their shows, because they always use about 8 movie projectors, screening antic black and white films, and others, which goes very well to their music. They have some strange vibes in their music, which can cause some surprised moments for you (think of their cover of the legendary surfrock band, Man Or Astroman?'s song,

).

Choice With No Voice

This band is more into the "classical", intstrumental post-rock, with some psychidelic, Pink Floyd-like flavor. Good band.

Love Post-Rock. Yndi Halda, among others, is pretty AMAZING!

Neil On Impression is a italian post-rock band. It features members of the screamo band Raein.

Really beautiful music.