Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

Not allowed to use PS COMPANY material!

Most people don't enter their artists' website oftenly and some don't speak english (depending on where in the world you live) so this won't stop people from using any pictures for avatars and stuff.

Anyway, Visual Kei used to be better and interesting in the past.

I haven't seen any official announcent about this yet, so it could be just a troll. Though, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they'd actually do this.

PSC is really fooling themselfs....

And that with the avatars... Has to be a joke?!

Without internet nobody would known those bands...

As i know... Japanese people dont download anxway...

So whats their problem with the oversea bonus ?

I dont understand...

And i have to agree with you guys...

Most of their artists getting worse and worse

Its the major virus...

Visual kei was more ....

More intresting

More stunning

More mystic

When i saw my first j-rock band...

I tought

Woow so rebellish... So diffrent... So cool...

And now i just see copys... All bands do the same

Looks the same

And sound like the same...

There are less and less good new bands

Nya anyway..

Welcome to 2012

(๏ฝก-_-๏ฝก)

I haven't seen any official announcent about this yet, so it could be just a troll. Though, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they'd actually do this.

As sai already said, this message is posted on all their MySpace-profiles, the text I posted in the first post is taken from Alice Nine's MySpace and there are other variants on SuG, ViViD etc. They also have a smaller "Notice" on the intro page of their official sites pscompany.co.jp/artistname

PS COMPANY is using their MySpace-profiles as "Official English Site" so the message is VERY official, and it's mainly to overseas fans!

http://www.myspace.com/alicenineofficial

i'm still going to use my kouki avatar because it was from kouki's personal blog, not psc!!! ( `็šฟยด๏ผ›) anyway, like people have said before, they're completely not understanding that fans are doing them a favor by using their pictures are icons for twitter and whatnot since it's essentially free advertising. i myself would never have heard of jrock if it hadn't been for someone using an alice nine picture as their layout. so there, psc. (#`ะ”ยด)๏พ‰

I've never understood the whole taking down PVs thing. I mean come on now... PV even stands for Promotional Video. How is it acting as a promotion if the only people seeing it are the people who are already buying your shit? XD

^ well they're playing PVs in stores and on Japanese TV, so their target audience has enough white backgrounds and lame editing.

why bother taking them down from youtube is another question though.

I've never understood the whole taking down PVs thing. I mean come on now... PV even stands for Promotional Video. How is it acting as a promotion if the only people seeing it are the people who are already buying your shit? XD

Personally I think PSC doesn't give a crap about oversea fans xD I mean, their bands rarely tour here, but for some reason they always put their tour goods up on coolJAPAN. It's like they're saying: we want your money but don't expect us to do anything in return lol.

Let's not be too hasty here with jumping on the PSC bandwagon.

I'll play devil's advocate for a moment and side with PSC. Fans say that PSC doesn't care about their fans because they don't send their bands to tour abroad or make their goods easier to buy. I'd like to remind you of when fans begged and begged for more visual kei releases to be sold outside of Japan in domestic editions for easier purchase. This actually happened for a bit. Bands were signed to Gan-Shin and releases like SCREW's X-RAYS and -OZ-'s VERSUS were released in EU (which is pretty much the testing ground for visual kei labels). X-RAYS (EU edition) sold very few copies and I heard a testimonial that after the first week or two, stores didn't move a single unit for 7 months. Why? There are probably plenty of reasons - one being that the EU editions were shoddy-looking, another being that the Japanese editions had more goods, a third being that anyone that was going to buy the release would have already bought it and people that didn't buy it had no plans on buying it. It's no secret that a lot of visual kei fans don't purchase their releases and support their favorite artists and even if it's easier to buy, you still can't beat the price of free.

But wait, there's more! Does anyone else also remember the petition that was made to have UnsraW go to Stockholm? There were ~1000 signatures on the petition when Speed Disk decided to send them to Europe. Only ~100 people showed up to the live (or 10% of the fans who presumably signed it, maybe even less if you consider that signing the petition wasn't a precondition for attending the concert). UnsraW decided to cancel that live. What happened to the other 900? Nothing but excuses..."oh, I didn't have the money", "oh I had school", "oh, they were really far away they should come closer to me", etc. Knowing this, if you knew they were coming, why didn't you save the money? And if you knew you couldn't go, why would you sign for them to come?

What I am getting at is that at the end of the day PSC is a company and that they need to do what they have to do to stay in business. If they try business ventures that don't succeed, it makes sense for them to stop. They're not going to send bands abroad if we as a scene have shown them that most of us won't go. They won't send releases abroad because we as a scene have shown them that we won't buy them. There's not enough money in it for them outside of Japan - that's why PSC "doesn't care" about overseas fans.

Not saying that I support their recent policies, but what they're doing makes sense from a business perspective.

^ Although I still find this new policy to be crappy. This, this, and this again!

The internet is incredibly misleading when it comes to evaluating the visual kei fan base, it seems. Sometimes the problem isn't just with VK marketing and labels.

Zess is right. The VK fandom is spread out alll over the world. In my town there is only one other person who listens to Jrock. So when it comes to concerts and cd sales in foreign markets (not Japan) it's really hard for them to amass some sales and sell out concerts.

Oh, Zess, if I could like your post I would repeatedly like it as hard as possible.

It's fact that 99.99999999% (statistics provided by the Global Bullshit Statistics Bureau) of PSCs revenue comes from the Japanese, not overseas fans. They have no real incentive to send their bands overseas at all, least of all the ones that earn them the most money. They have no proof that the risk will be worth it because Zess is right... let's face it, a thousand fans might exclaim they want a single, an album, or a tour in Europe or America but the number of those same fans who'll actually buy or attend is ridiculously small.

Gazette can perform at Budokan, an arena with a capacity of almost 15,000, or PSC can send them to a dingy little club in Germany with a maximum capacity of 500 and be extremely lucky to fill it.

^ Although I still find this new policy to be crappy.

Why aren't people listening to me?

IT'S NOT NEW. PSC have always had this policy.

Yuck, who would want to use PS company material anyway.

lol this.

Lol Nuke.

And Zess is right.

As much as I would love to see PSC bands tour outside of Japan, I know that it is not going to happen.

There is just not enough fans for them to tour outside of Japan.

People beg and beg for bands to come to their countries and then they don't even go.

Bands are just safer playing at Anime conventions because then they know that they are going to get some money not matter how many people come to their concert.

And from what I have been seeing lately in the States is that the bands will do a couple of stops around the area of where the convention is but I highly doubt that those places get filled up.

Guest Magatsu

why will screw tour if there aren't enough fans?

it's not the problem that there aren't enough fans.

the problem is .. if someone want to bring a PSC company band that person should have at least.. kinda.. 35,000 + Euro to bring them... maybe even more.

They want to have everything perfect.. people should care about them like real celebrities (like madonna, gaga etc)

Those bands aren't cheap.

nope, that number seems realistic for a price psc would demand.

we needed over 600 euro for Guild's Serbia concert

Sign in to follow this