Sign in to follow this  
sai

Best Fanbase in VK?

Not sure if we had a topic like this already, but if there isn't, now it's here. What is in your opinion the best fanbase in VK music?

Personally I think the band with the coolest fandom was Kagrra,. When they were still around, there was not much bitching about their experimental stages. Hell, even when they released their Shizuku album (which was their weakest album in my own opinion) there wasn't as big of a drama than when the GazettE released TOXIC. I heard from multiple people who saw them live at the signing session during their Europe tour that the five members were also incredibly nice people who were really nice to their fans. Also when I watch their live videos I see that they're having lots of fun on stage and that they can make the entire venue jump with them, which doesn't happen with all bands. Too bad they disbanded in the end :( I really had wanted to see them live once.

So what are your opinions?

I don't really mingle online with many fanbases, but from my experience BUCK-TICK has the most helpful, positive and nice fans (on Livejournal at least).

I don't usually talk with other fans online either, but I always get the feeling Kagrra, has the nicest fans. Their LiveJournal community is pretty great.

Kagrra, most definitely. Haven't met any delusional fangirls ( I'm sure there's plenty somewhere though ) and the band never made anything controversial enough to divide their fanbase so there isn't much " I miss this, I want that " ( I fully endorse this so called bitching though, because any discussion is welcome as long as it's not about the band members favorite perfumes, personalies and such bs ) kind of talk even though their music did get simpler or sold out if you will, as the years passed. And of course it just seems that there's some nice reasonable people there along other things of that sort.

I don't really mingle online with many fanbases, but from my experience BUCK-TICK has the most helpful, positive and nice fans (on Livejournal at least).

totally agree!

From my personal experience - D'espairsRay fandom. They are pretty laid back, not too stuck up but not too many idiot, delusional fangirls among their ranks either. They aren't afraid to offer criticism of the band, but they aren't incessantly whiny and derogatory about changes the band makes and they maintain a positive, sane outlook. Even their fangirling is moderate.

I agree with what was said about Kagrra's fandom.

Also Ayabie/AYABIE's fandom has always been pretty helpful and active. Even when the band decided to go seperate ways, the drama was not that bad.

I think the UCP and Megaromania livejournal groups are great, though it is Undercode so I am pretty sure there are some cray-crays, especially when you look at some of the last.fm shoutboxes for some of these bands and the wank you see in there. Yet, I just don't even see any of that behavior with the We Love UCP community and the Megaromania community, both ran by some nice cool level headed people.

I agree that Buck Tick fans can be nice, some of them can be a little elitist, "Oh you only started listening to them because of Trinity Blood?? Well I've been a fan for blahblah". I've also seen some fans get into superiority kicks but it's not that bad. I mean, nothing as bad as Dir en grey's fantards y'know?

I'm going to have to say both Kagrra, and Matenrou Opera.

Kagrra, for reasons that people have already stated.

Matenrou Opera's Livejournal fanbase is really chill and they will help you with pretty much anything you need relating to the band[and sometimes other bands]. You don't find my delusional fans in here, although I am sure that there are some. There really isn't any drama between the fans, save a few things here and there. They are really just a chill bunch of people that are awesome to talk to.

I am also going to have to agree with Arithmetica on the Megaromania LJ community.

My best experience was with the Girugamesh fans at a gig in London. Everyone was happily skipping and dancing around. No yelling, no crazy fangirls (at least not as much as with Dir en grey), no one annoyed by anyone else. Everyone just having fun. I think it must be the most peaceful gig I've ever been to :P haha

I believe that the vk fanbase is a lot better than its reputation. Poeple just tend to over-emphasize the bad examples. In personal contact at lives I never had any negative experiences with vk or jrock fans. As for online experiences as admin of this board, I couldn't really tie particular good behavior to fandoms of certain bands. Moreso with the bad behavior, but then again I guess that's because they stand out much more than the good examples.

But generally I think the problem isn't loyal fans of certain bands, but those that just like any random band because they're vk. You know, those people that just seem to watch Visunavi every day, and once a new profile is added and the band looks cool enough, they create a LJ community for them, just because they want to be the first to have "known" them or whatever. This sort of "fake fandom" bothers me more than enthusiastic fans of their respective bands.

Although the Versailles last.fm shoutbox often descends into utter stupidity, I thought Bonjour Honey, a forum dedicated to Versailles/Lareine, was really nice. I became an active member there, around the same time that I joined the original TW. Most of the people were really cool/ level-headed. The mods/most-active members always brought really up-to-date info about the band's upcoming releases and stuff. Plus, there was hardly any drama, ever. But, as far as I know, the forum seems to have died/ been hacked or something. Maybe it moved and I just don't know the new link, haha.

Worst fanbase: Dir en Grey and the GazettE

Best: Dead End fans i find the best, mostly because they are normally older. more mature people.

Plastic Tree and Merry both have pretty alright fans too, as far as I know.. At least the ones i've talked to are all normal :u

Both GapalapagosS fans we are really nice people.

Jokes aside, I personally enjoy being part of Dead End's, Cali+Gari's and Penicillin's Fandom. They have mature people and talks just about music and takes it seriously but not too much.

Worst fandoms...from my experience, baroque fans have never been nice to me, Plastic Tree's Last.fm Shoutbox was not nice either.

Worst: Dir en grey, gazette and an cafe

Seriously, the only reason you came in this thread was to post your opinion on the worst fanbases?

Plastic Tree and Merry both have pretty alright fans too, as far as I know.. At least the ones i've talked to are all normal :u

I agree,Plastic Tree fandom is quite awesome,everyone is so nice :)

In all seriousness though, I find that bands that are relatively unpopular tend to have the nicest fans. Relatively unpopular means things like Art Cube or UCP as Arith mentioned: things that are alive and still releasing material, but don't really have much traffic aside from the people who really really like them. Bands less popular than that, like obscure-er Matina bands or other small kote-kei groups tend to all be liked by the same, ~special~, group of people who more or less roll dice to determine if you're worth being nice to or not.

I've also found that with less popular bands there are usually a handful of people trying to be extra helpful in making information about them readily available. I try to help out with stuff of that nature by doing Google searches, buying CDs for info found within the CD booklets, updating last.fm bios, etc, to keep them from dissolving into nothing-ness. They also tend to be less in-your-face about liking their music and provide information in a less objective fashion.

There are veeeery few sane fanbases that I have had the..."pleasure" of meeting, but I have gotten a good inmpression from Kaggra,'s. They just seem like very nice people, and there was a nice memorial on Facebook for Isshi on his birthday.

Matenrou Opera also has a nice fandom. I haven't involved myself with them too much, but they seemed pretty cool.

An Cafe actually has a pretty nice fandom, once you get past the insane Meek and Bou worshippers.

Dir en grey's fandom is totally awesome (if you associate yourself with the right people). Some of us are really nice and try to be as helpful as we can.

Alice Nine has an okay fandom...it depends on what day you catch them. Sometimes they're the bitchiest fandom of all, and sometimes they're the nicest people you'll ever meet. They're really bipolar...

Bands less popular than that, like obscure-er Matina bands or other small kote-kei groups tend to all be liked by the same, ~special~, group of people who more or less roll dice to determine if you're worth being nice to or not.

Oh God this, kotekei fans are whole different level of crazy. They're like what Black Metal fans are in the metal fandom and spend vast amount of energy trying so hard to prove how tr00 they are. Doing things like making sure not to scrobble anything that is NOT a kotekei band or some obscure Goth band. Oh shit, you scrobbled one track from Versailles? YOU ARE NOT TR00 KOTEKEI.

In all seriousness though, I find that bands that are relatively unpopular tend to have the nicest fans. Relatively unpopular means things like Art Cube or UCP as Arith mentioned: things that are alive and still releasing material, but don't really have much traffic aside from the people who really really like them.

I must agree with this. Personally I am part of a small "fandom" (I don't really like to use this word since we are mostly like just a bunch of friends) and when someone asks us something we always try to help him/her as much as we can, spreading infos such as lyrics or tips about where to find the CD they're searching for.

Sign in to follow this