Sign in to follow this  
sai

Best Fanbase in VK?

Plastic Tree and Merry both have pretty alright fans too, as far as I know.. At least the ones i've talked to are all normal :u

True True ~

don't know any strange annoying and gaga fanpeople who likes this bands ^^

Golden Bomber? hahaha ^^ well, the ones with a good sense of humor are cool.

I have to partly agree with Plastic Tree, but then there are always those weirder fans who are totally obsessed with JUST Ryuutarou because of his image and don't really listen to the music. Having said that, however, one of the Pura fans I have met in person loves Akira (like me!) and she was super-friendly, and another person I know who listened to Pura is older (and her husband works at my college, huh? lol).

I think Moran fans tend to be really in love with the members as musicians, or at least the ones whose blogs I've stumbled over seem really attached to the sound and even the members that are already gone. Also they don't tend to be gossipy about band member scandals and shit, even in 2chan (if anything, they just bitch about other fans who happen to be rude or something).

If solely speaking by going to concerts in Japan, BUCK-TICK was least crazy and surprisingly normal looking people. Also the age range was delightful. Guniw Tools/Full related bands also have great fanbase I think.

X-japan :D

I guess now it's my turn to say "Really now?" xD

The X-Japan fandom brings back memories of so much drama and some of the scariest/insane fans in all of J-Rock, lol. But then again, this was only isolated to the internet . . .

I don't hate most fanbases. It's good that children nowadays have some place where they belong. :3 And every fanbase is a good fanbase if most of the fans in there are reasonable. I, personally, have never had problems with An Cafe or Gazette fans. I think An Cafe fans are actually really cute. :'D I mean they can be over emotional and overreactive, due to most of them being still really young, but I don't see anything wrong with that. Gazette fans tend to be a bit same...

There's one fanbase I utterly hate though. Dir en grey fans. Every encounter I've had with a Deg fan has been awful. One time I mistook to mention in a wrong company my opinion about Kyo. The result was that I had to hide behind another person and use her as a human shield since I was on my way getting 300 pounds of ugly, angry Deg fangirl on me. It was like being face to face with a pissed off rhino. And I was stupid enough to poke it with a stick.

The second time was much later and I still had my opinions about the band but I didn't actively rant about them since I had learnt from my mistake. Obe Deg fan came to ask why I hated the band, and I told my reasons. Next thing I heard was: "Yeah you wouldn't like those songs that you heard four years ago. Try this song, and this song, and some of the newer stuff." I was so close to say 'Bitch, I - DON'T - WANT - TO.' but I kept my mouth shut and politely declined. Then she said that she has tried some of my favorite bands like Vidoll and Arc, and she didn't like them, but at least she gave them a chance. Well yeah, so did I with Dir en grey - 6 years ago.

I just hate a fanbase where fans act by the 'love or be destroyed' method.

I have heard good things about Secilia Luna fans...

That they all join together and worship the band in their lives lol. The fans are meant to be kind and friendly and are considered "angels" by the band members.

I think the Buck-Tick fans have been the nicest and most helpful to me.

Then again, I don't interact much with the fans of any band, so even my experiences with Dir en grey and Gazette fans have been positive.

I feel like the largest fanbases are the most intense but that's just from an outsider's POV. Ones like The GazettE and Dir En Grey can be pretty... yeah. That's just my view on it so the smaller bands, such as Kiryu and older favs with much less talk about them appear a lot more peaceful than active and massive ones. 

I'm pretty new when it comes to interacting with other VK fans most ppl I interact with are (excluding here) on twitter but most of them only speak Japanese haven't found many english speaking fans on SNS sites! But the fanbase I enjoy the most is the Versailles/Jupiter fanbase!

I feel like the largest fanbases are the most intense but that's just from an outsider's POV. Ones like The GazettE and Dir En Grey can be pretty... yeah. That's just my view on it so the smaller bands, such as Kiryu and older favs with much less talk about them appear a lot more peaceful than active and massive ones. 

idk some of the small ones can be extremely cult-y, angura notably (eiji bands...) or deranged (lycaon/starwave bands)

as for best, the break-out/sweet trance bands - la'cryma, fairy fore, plastic tree - have a really chill fandom. 

ALSO he doesn't count as VK anymore but Gackt stans are literally the worst people on the internet

I think the best fanbase is the one where you simply keep to yourself so other people don't blame you for enjoying the music of certain artists. It's like — no matter what you do or say in most fandoms, you do it wrong.

I don't think there is a best fanbase. I just think there's people who know how to discuss a certain band/artists, while being respectful and such while others cant. Its apparent here as well as other places. Its a matter of finding which one suits you the most. 

I don't know. I haven't really connected with any vk fanbases since I got back into the scene. When I was into it in 2006 or so, I thought the more indie bands' fanbases were chill.

imo the less visual a band the better the fanbase

ignore dir en grey

Are you saying "the less visual" they are, but STILL in the realm of VK?

Or just anything that's not visual?

Because the second one is just false.

Interesting theory if it's the first one... Need more examples.

I think there's a very BIG different between chating and acctually meeting fans...

In general I think most foreign fans are annoying... I've not been to one bigger event without hearing all these "fans" brag about how it was when "they were in Japan", or how this band "want their fans to do" this or that during lives. Also, since I never dress up when I go to concerts since you have to stand close to others and it usually get warm, I've got some nasty looks from those who dress up "accordingly". One MdM fan acctually told me (Online) that I wasn't a "real" mana fan because I don't wear his brand :P (which made me laugh out load, I've followed MdM and Mana for years and have almost a complete MaliceMizer collection)

I have to agree about the Buck-tick fans though, I saw them several times in Japan, and they all seemed nice, especially the older people.

But then again, in Japan many fans can get very defensive, especially if there's a foreigner there. I love Közi, and his fanbase consisted of about 10 people who came to every one of his gigs, and most of those just starred me out when they began noticing I also showed up for every gig. and they had no shame in always just grabbing the best spot infront of the stage eventhough I was just about to walk up there...

Are you saying "the less visual" they are, but STILL in the realm of VK?

Or just anything that's not visual?

Because the second one is just false.

Interesting theory if it's the first one... Need more examples.

i mean like in the scope of visual kei, but its not always just looks but also how visual the music sounds--if that makes any sense. the example i had in mind was bands like deadman/lynch./the god and death stars/plastic tree, basically bands that are borderline visual and have a pretty heavy western influence in their sound, i haven't heard crazy stories about the fans from any of these bands and thats probably because their more aligned with the west than with the vk scene. the other side where the craziness comes into play are the very visual and traditional bands since imo vkei is based in fanaticism anyway so the bands that indulge this have the crazier fans. you could say the more aligned with western musical philosophies the more chilled the fan base, but there's always an except so i'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

Lycaom has the most power though small in number we will crush an army or 2 (really 100)

Sign in to follow this