Sign in to follow this  
Wicked Teletubby

Asking Alexandria The Still Reckless Tour with DIR EN GREY

I thought the amount of VK kids and "Emo/Scene" kids in London to be similar though. I always love the London gigs over anything else tbh. The only Dir en grey gig I was at that was nicer than London was Paris. And there I had to fight of a bunch of fangirls who were scared of guys moshing... (but this was back in 2007 when fangirls were still everywhere :s)

Could be. All I can be sure of, is that I was exposed to horrible deathcore from someones cellphone speakers while waiting in line :D I was there in 2010 and it surpassed the Helsinki gig of 2011 by miles.

I did both the 2010 gig and the 2011 one. And yeah, the line in 2010 was horrible, as well as the fans screaming and the stuff lying around the streets. 2011 was definitely less annoying.

god if DeG want to be taken seriously overseas they should stop touring with these kiddy-core bands

I wasn't at any of the european shows (except for Moscow two times back in 2010 and 2011), so I just have to believe you guys. but okay, what the hell. I mean the guys are just trying to get more audience. the more people show up to the shows and buy stuff, the better. personally, I don't really care of the fanbase as long as DIR EN GREY keeps doing great music.

could be worse huh?

here comes teh drama.

Asking Alexandria's lead guitar boy Ben Bruce has recently spoken to primalnoise.com

here's what he had to say about DIR EN GREY:

'We’re gonna befriend them, then go and steal their fans. We need to learn some Japanese words to say to them, like, how to say ‘You’ve got a nice cock, come out and drink?'

read the full interview at this location.

I mean do you guys even have any smallest kind of sense of humor?

Ben: And then, Dir en grey ...obviously, they’re a bit…. well… they're a slightly... strange band, but with their own different fan base. They’re like a Slipknot for Japan. So yeah, that’s a really cool thing for us as well. Especially as we want to branch out and play to new fans rather than just the younger fans that we get primarily, so yeah… should be good. I mean although their fan base is more underground it’s a big one. In Japan especially, they’re playing to tens of thousands of people. It’s insane! We’re gonna befriend them, then go and steal their fans. We need to learn some Japanese words to say to them, like, how to say ‘You’ve got a nice cock, come out and drink?'

Sam: Maybe we should just turn up with some drink… saves the language barrier. I’m sure they’ll understand that, ‘we bring beer, let’s drink?’

Ben: Yeah, we’ll do that!

it was a joke, dude.

AA wanna have a good time with DEG.

not to be an asshole or anything but if you're going to post something about an interview, please don't post just that... a lot of fans will start to bash AA (don't care if they're goor or bad) just because of that thingie without even reading the entire interview.

I'm aware of that. the thing is I just don't dig this kind of humor.

I mean I could take out some other excerpt like this one:

Ben: oh yeah, on our last tour we got this massive … well, we asked for this big fat dildo on our rider… And we got one!! That was weird in itself, and then James played a drum solo with it as a stick, which went down well. Then one of our roadies got a bit carried away and after every show he used to go and find a girl and bring her back to the bus and fuck her with it. Good times!'

yeah, maturity as it is.

someone finds it any funny? little screamo assholes keep being dickheads in my opinion.

ain't trying to convince anyone about that. and not being offensive to AA fans, obviously.

yeah, seems like Ben is an asshole.

well, we'll see what's gonna happen after a couple of shows... I bet there'll be shitstorm between fans and stuff like that (I remember that thingie about DEG and BMTH).

yeah, seems like Ben is an asshole.

well, we'll see what's gonna happen after a couple of shows... I bet there'll be shitstorm between fans and stuff like that (I remember that thingie about DEG and BMTH).

Like most people I have found shitstorms are inevitable when it comes to Dir en grey.

Their fans have always gone into hissy fits everytime they tour with a “mainstream” band. The earliest example I can think of is Korn, and others notable bands have been Deftones :wub: , Bring Me The Horizon and the most recent,The Birthday Massacre. Yeah, fans from both sides of the bands can act like close minded douchebags for frivolous matters that usually have nothing to do with the music, but I have found a large majority of them come from the Dir en grey side.

I’ll site my own recent experience at a Diru concert for example. A really good portion of the people attending went their to see the Birthday Massacre. (There were so many Chibi look a likes.) And a lot of them had never heard of Dir en grey. Yet a lot of the TBM fans were really open to giving them a try and even some cool diru fans were kinda enough to give them the lowdown on them. However there were a lot of Dir en grey fans that were just being totally A-holes and ragging on TBM. It’s one thing if you don’t like their music, but these people were going out of their way to bash TBM. Even after they performed, there were so many people making rude elitist comments and jokes about them. It made me ashamed to call myself a Dir en grey fan.

Another thing I don’t understand is how all these diru fans bitch about the bands they tour with as kid bands because they appeal to a teenage base or because they have a certain image that appeals to a young audience.Well guess what? So does Dir en grey. The majority of their fanbase started off and still is teenagers. And perhaps people are forgetting that they were once VK and used the whole image gimmick as well. Who the hell cares if Diru plays with a well-known metal band, which for some reason must make said band automatically Screamo with an entire fanbase of emo’s, scence kids or whatever other stupid label ends up replacing those trends. Seriously, have they even ever played with a Screamo band?

Diru fans needs to stop acting like elitist douches. It just makes them seem as unappealing as the rabid fangirls they constantly dump on. As if people really needed anymore reasons to hate Dir en grey fans.

> Diru fans needs to stop acting like elitist douches.

maybe assking alexandria people should make some better music and be a tad less pretentious doing interviews

I don't really want to dive into korn this/bmth that offtop waters, but I strongly disapprove diru touring with this exact band.

their music is absolutely nothing special, and than comes the attitude.

for a band that no one (except Joe the pressed stan) will remember in two years, they're spilling too much douche juice in the interviews.

sometimes silence is golden - that dude linked above doesn't know when to shut it up.

Is Dir going to be at the Lancaster, PA show on this tour????? Because I will most CERTAINLY be going to this show if they will be there.

so here's the list.

03/09 Chico, CA – Senator Theatre

03/10 San Diego, CA – SOMA

03/11 Tucson, AZ – Rialto Theatre

03/13 Mission, TX – Las Palmas Racepark (“Never Say Never Festival“)

03/15 Austin, TX – SXSW

03/16 San Antonio, TX – White Rabbit

03/17 Dallas, TX – QuikTrip Park (“South By So What Festival“)

03/18 Houston, TX – Verizon Wireless (“Houston We Have A Problem Festival“) (no Trivium/Dir En Grey)

03/20 Orlando, FL – Beacham Theatre (no Trivium/Dir En Grey)

03/21 South Carolina – TBA

03/23 Charlotte, NC – Amos Southend

03/24 Norfolk, VA – The Norva

03/25 Richmond, VA – The National

03/27 Sayreville, NJ – Starland Ballroom

03/28 Albany, NY – Northern Light

03/30 Baltimore, MD – Sonar

03/31 Lancaster, PA – Freedom Hall

04/01 Toronto, ON – Sound Academy

04/03 Toledo, OH – The Omni

04/05 Minneapolis, MN – The Myth

04/06 Milwaukee, WI – The Rave

04/07 Louisville, KY – Expo Five

So, like every single date? LOL. I hope the Assking Alexandria guy will find Asian penis elsewhere to satisfy his longing.

Interested to hear why though. I don't think it's because of the fan backlash, because us internet deg nerds are a minority.

Edit: Actually, it's kinda retarded to think it's because of the couple of "fans". Most likely just schedule stuff. Still curious tho!

I kinda assume Kaoru suddently got time to listen to AA's stuff, and that's where ragequitting the whole tour comes from, but who really knows.

maybe Kyo's planning another tonsillitis or something.

Sign in to follow this