zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Welp, I've gone from having a couple of neighbours who just yelled at each other right outside my room at about 1pm every week from having a couple of neighbours who make out so loudly I can hear them even when my attention is diverted elsewhere. Ahh, the joys of living in a flat.

Seller leaves me waiting for over a week to confirm purchase, leaves messages on seen and finally backs down on half the items. Texts me every few hours after payment to make sure I shipped already out of a company I do not have nearby nor normally work with. Ugh.

It was so depressing coming back to visit some friends this time around. 

One was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease, another may be clinically full-blown schizo with no one knowing his current whereabouts, another stuck in the same lifestyle as high school and completely looking like crap, idk why but somehow regardless of how bad I have it, I can’t enjoy the good things about my life knowing they’re like this. 

it almost feels like a hometown form of shellshock and idk if I ever want to come back to my old lifestyle, knowing I could have ended up just like them.

5 hours ago, Aferni said:

I honestly need to give up on you and this "relationship". Neither of us are getting anything out of it except frustration. 

Been there before it’s a shitty feeling, hope you’re doing okay 

Is Kamijo the ultimate lifeform? what is his endgame by uploading his DVDs to his official channel?

Is he so above mortal beings that he does that just to fuck with people who would gain subs from pirating his stuff?

Is Mako ever going to be released from his servitude and make a cool band like GALEYD again?

This scene is as mysterious as ever...

I've kinda mulled over this topic for a while now, but it's quite strange how the prominent Western (predominantly American) YouTubers are so insistent on speaking on the behalf of YouTube as if it was "theirs" the whole time (most of that understanding solely experiential.) 

Yes, constant coverage of these "YT Armageddon" topics are obviously for quick revenue, so maybe they purposefully gloss over the reality of it on-screen, but YT has always been a platform for everyone (including large companies.) My experience w/ 2006~09 YT was not just gag comedy, but a majority niconicodouga re-uploads, music videos, random shit people posted online, and TV/DVD/VHS content split into 5 parts (with at least one part taken down for some reason.)

Currently, everyone tries to up their "relevancy" on what they perceive as the whole "platform", but if you take the time and switch between countries (many of which are beyond their actual reach/scope), you'll see how little crossover there  is in trending content because people naturally like what's culturally relevant & understandable (language). The fact that the "Worldwide" setting disappeared several years ago should be a clear sign how large these country/region-based communities have grown (to the point where "worldwide" is too big/broad to make sense.)

One counter-argument is that only the top 3% of channels make 90% of the revenue, which has a large concentration of English-speaking YouTubers (I could be wrong on that stat) concerned about the system. So they have the largest stake in what YT does, but if you look at the data a bit closer, the breakthrough mark for 3% starts out at only $16k in annual revenue. This implies that the actual number of prominent voices (those dependent on stable, actually livable revenue) are that much smaller and effectively makes the remaining >97% of channels (perhaps closer to the 90% mark) hosts for the same plain 'ol mish mash of unmonetized content that's been on the site for years. Even if large creators leave, even making noise on the way out to alternative platforms, new ones will take their place on the platform b/c YT continues to be a large, centralized place for viewership, brimming with those looking to be part of the <3%.

TL;DR: Not trying to diminish large creators naturally fending for themselves and their collectives, but the whole idea that YouTube is on the path to impending disaster is a seriously flawed argument. They'll keep growing unfettered until they're regulated as a monopoly for internet-video content, but even that's tricky b/c "video streaming content" currently includes the likes of Netflix, Hulu, etc. and YouTube also serves large production content (Red) which muddies that distinction. It's like how many in the U.S proclaim that Facebook is just a dying haven for MLM hunnies and crotchety boomers without realizing the platform's continued significance in the Asia-Pacific market where, for example, India's active user-base has more than doubled to 300 million since 2015 (additionally outranking user totals in the U.S by over 10 million.)

Bigger TL;DR: YouTube and the major SNS players are literally too big to fail for the foreseeable future.

Edited by colorful人生

My ex fiancé is bragging on her fb story about sleeping around even though I told her it made me uncomfortable to hear and that I’d appreciate it if she kept it to herself 

Yeah somehow I don’t think I can be friends with her anymore 

2 hours ago, TheZigzagoon said:

My ex fiancé is bragging on her fb story about sleeping around even though I told her it made me uncomfortable to hear and that I’d appreciate it if she kept it to herself 

That really sucks, especially when you've already explained how you feel. Why brag about something like that anyway? =.=

5 hours ago, TheZigzagoon said:

It was bound to happen. A friendly break up is rarer than a unicorn. Block, cut ties and save yourself a lot of headache and pain. She's not gonna cater her social media/words to you mate, she's made it obvious from the start your feelings come in second place even when you were together. 

9 hours ago, TheZigzagoon said:

Ouch that sound hurtful and disrespectful even if she has the right to restart her life, she is not obliged to disclose her entire private life especially when you still friend with you ex in social media.

Do what platy said for not suffer needlessly.

11 hours ago, TheZigzagoon said:

It's clear you have love for this girl, and that's perfectly understandable, but I think it's a mistaken notion to consider this girl your friend. I know that's a bit rough considering this is someone you once wanted to yoke your entire life to, and I definitely understand how her actions would be difficult to hear about. But I think for your own sake, you'd be better off removing this person from your life completely (if possible). Consider this, if you two were truly capable of being friends, would you even be in this situation?

Personally, if this girl is truly doing this, then you dodged a HUGE bullet bruh. Any woman that's sleeping around, and then actually has the nerve to brag about it?...this is someone who doesn't even value themselves. You wouldn't want to wife that bruh...trust me.

Sorry to hear about all of this, but keep your head up, keep moving forward, and realize you deserve better. Or rather, you deserve what you allow.

On 12/14/2019 at 5:41 AM, TheZigzagoon said:

it's her Facebook and you have no business telling her what she should do? if it's bothering you, just don't look/block her, it's that simple

On 12/14/2019 at 4:51 PM, CAT5 said:

Personally, if this girl is truly doing this, then you dodged a HUGE bullet bruh. Any woman that's sleeping around, and then actually has the nerve to brag about it?...this is someone who doesn't even value themselves. You wouldn't want to wife that bruh...trust me.

This. I personally belive that marrying someone that sleeps around ever is a huge mistake, because changing habits just because of a ceremony is not happening.

Of course people can change, but only after extreme low points in their life, that is the only thing that can trigger true change from within, not external factors. Since it is something that is not necessarily guaranteed to happen, if you still go through with it, you are playing with fire and the amount of hurt you get in divorce is enough for probably 10 times the hurt of a breakup with the bonus of having third parties hearing bullshit about the relationship from both sides for weeks/months.

4 hours ago, Romlaw said:

This. I personally belive that marrying someone that sleeps around ever is a huge mistake, because changing habits just because of a ceremony is not happening.

Of course people can change,

That bottom line is key! I just want to clarify my thoughts from earlier, because I don't want people to think that I'm talking down on others from some high horse or that i'm bashing people that sleep around, or that I'm saying people who have slept around aren't worth marrying. Absolutely not.

People can and do change. All the time. (I mean, shit, if you aren't changing, are you even alive? XD) So I try to never make the mistake of condemning people. We are not the author of other ppl's lives, and we have no idea how other ppl will change and grow. Plus to condemn someone would make me a hypocrite, because i'm not perfect and I've done (and still do) tons of stupid things, and I've learned and grown from them too. For instance, I used to be someone who thought sleeping around was perfectly ok, and that hedonism was the way to go. But after actually doing that and going around fucking random women for a time, I experienced for myself how dysfunctional, irresponsible, destructive and vain that mindset/behavior is. And as such, I decided to do differently.

So this is why I don't condemn people, but I'll definitely condemn actions. We're all just trying to figure this thing out, and mistakes and missteps are inevitable. So far be it from me to condemn anyone for making mistakes. But if I see that a particular line of action or behavior consistently produces negative outcomes, then that's an action that I'll condemn. Such is the case when it comes to sleeping around, as I've experienced and observed how that plays out in the real world, and generally speaking, it doesn't work out too well in the long run.

That said, we all have free will and we can do whatever we want. But none of us are free from consequence.

I loved Labaiser's slower songs in Chain of tragedy, but after Hinaki left, I noticed that there haven't been any more songs like it later in their discography, other than maybe Period of tragedy.

Come to find out after I actually got the cd, Hinaki wrote those songs...;w;

maybe that's why period of tragedy wasn't released as its own single, because that was probably the last song Hinaki wrote???

YO- They finally made CHAO IN SPACE like 20 years later. This warmed the cockles of my heart, enough to where I broke out my old SA2B save file I ripped from my GC memory card many years ago via Wii homebrew. This chao, "Anakin", could possibly be as old as some of the members/lurkers here (got the game in early '03.) I never had pets growing up, so this was the closest thing to them att. Spent many, many hours in the Chao Garden...

dc25d23251.png

Edited by colorful人生

the current state of affairs in my life is unnatural.

I feel as if i'm being railroaded into stress despite my strongest objections. Work is reaching all time high levels of stress and everyone can feel it, but no one knows to look to in order to get off this crazy ride. The keys are stuck in the ignition and we're going too fast to jump out or to even take a breather. I've reached that point where I've said "fuck it" 1000 times, then I said "fuck it" to "fuck it", and now I'm just laughing maniacally while pounding on the keyboard and hoping to create a Picasso. No one knows who is in charge or who is accountable anymore.

If it were just one big project, then I could buckle down and get the work done. It's at least fourteen. Granted, some of them are smaller and not as important but everything is a priority at the eleventh hour. I can only ignore a project for so long before those requests become demands and I have to prioritize them over my well-being, because no one takes being demoted to second place very well. I'm dealing with a gigantic company merger while moving everything to the cloud. The future is so uncertain. My hair is turning grey and wiry at a record rate. I can't take the day off work - not even for a traffic ticket - without getting deluged in calls about what to do. And yet, I see my co-workers laughing, joking, and generally horsing around as if there isn't a mountain of work to get done and no time to do it.

I look at the "to-do" column and I have ten tickets that just won't go away. I look at the "Done" column and there's 40 tickets. In the last three weeks. And I closed 1/3 of all of the tickets out of a group of 15 people. Doesn't take a math degree to realize those proportions are fucked up.

People keep asking me to slow down, but how do you slow down any slower than this? I'm not pushing myself as much as I feel pushed. Like pushing a kid in the water and telling him to stop drowning, I'm not sure what to do next. The bosses play this little game where they say "if it's not important, don't do it" and then wait until the last minute to make a task important. That way, I have to get it done and I don't even have enough time to bitch about it. And then they say "oh this was an exception, it won't be like this next time!" Of course it won't, because it will be a slightly different circumstance and it's something ~we'V3 NeVeR EXPeRIeNC3D BeF0Re~

But don't push myself so hard you know. There will always be work to do. Let's only focus on the essentials.

OH HEY ZEUS THAT THING I SAID WASN'T IMPORTANT BROKE AND NOW WE NEED YOU TO FIX IT BY YESTERDAY  K THX LOVE N KISSES BYE

OH HEY ZEUS WE KNOW YOU CALLED OUT OF THE OFFICE BUT I'MA NEED YOU TO COME IN REAL QUICK AND TAKE A LOOK AT THIS ISS-

HEY THERE I KNOW YOU'RE BUSY BUT COULD YOU TAKE A LOOK AT-

I made this mistake of watching the H3 podcast where he grilled Trisha Paytas for her lying about Monetization of her "I'm a Trans male" video. I honestly forgot she existed ever since I saw a video about her years ago, when long lost yt child bully leafyishere made a video about her and her Hundred Layers of...fake...jelly challenge..like 3 years ago I think. Whatever,Maybe i'm looking too deep into this? But from one point it goes into her lying about making money from her yt video, that is supposed to be a non-paid video of her announcing that she's a trans male...? Then it proceeds to her explaining that she doesn't have gender Dysphoria and that she has vaginal sex with gay men (fucking how).

When they call her on this saying that she wouldn't be given an okay to transition by a Gender Identity Therapist, she then says "Oh no now I do have dysphoria I just don't want a penis because my clitoris is a inverted Penis." Uhhhh, okay. Fast forward to the Gay men thing. Soooooo I'm confused, if you're obsessed on a sexual level with the homosexual variant of the opposite sex before you "become trans", isn't that classified as fetishsizing (Im sorry for butchering this word, if it is actually a word)? After denying this she goes on to misgender one of her fans after wanting people to correctly refer to her as male.

Just because you found out you like anal doesn't mean you're a gay trans male. You just like anal sex, and feel free call me out on this, but I don't think a trans man topping...is gonna call it pegging.  "I'm a gay trans male drag queen."  N.No..that's...that's no...You're straight...with..extra steps. Also she says she's never been with a straight woman...I..I wonder why. I also thought that people who are trans seek to change their image in some type of form, if not surgical then cosmetic?

an example of her logic if im not explaining well enough:

h3h3: what makes you a man?

Trisha: The energy.

Edited by Aferni

7 hours ago, Aferni said:

? After denying this she goes on to misgender one of her fans after wanting people to correctly refer to her as male.

she's a utube troll getting good ROI off gender/identity politics outrage discourse, lmk if you have any other questions regarding her gender/that video x

11 hours ago, Aferni said:

an example of her logic if im not explaining well enough:

h3h3: what makes you a man?

Trisha: The energy.

Someone needs to let her know that not wearing make up doesn't make u man, having a moustache doesn't make u man (hell, I can guarantee that one with my life), wanting the company of other dudes doesn't make u a man. When will society reach a point where we can just do things without attaching a gender to it? 

She's a confused, ignorant individual and she's making good coin off of it. Gender police YouTube and her will argue each other to death, or before she gets tired of this stunt and moves on to say she's adopting 8 Somalian kids.