zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

I realised today that I want Elon Musk to just buy the shite out of everything. I was in my uncle's car earlier and we drove past Toys 'R' Us, which has been in the middle of renovations for fuck-knows-how-long now. Idk what they're doing with it but I really, really hope Elon buys it. Rockets 'R' Us.

I watched a great documentary called Minimalism on Netflix today. I've already de-cluttered a lot of my life but the documentary has inspired me to rid myself of more needless belongings! 

30 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

I watched a great documentary called Minimalism on Netflix today. I've already de-cluttered a lot of my life but the documentary has inspired me to rid myself of more needless belongings! 

Wonderful documentary, I'm not a big fan of them shilling for a bag they made that's extremely expensive, but yeah. I got into minimalism through the book Goodbye Things by Fumio Sasaki that I'd highly recommend and I've since read The Minimalists books.

1 hour ago, nullmoon said:

32 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

Wonderful documentary, I'm not a big fan of them shilling for a bag they made that's extremely expensive, but yeah. I got into minimalism through the book Goodbye Things by Fumio Sasaki that I'd highly recommend and I've since read The Minimalists books.

Seen the documentary myself, as well as other ideas for shows like Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix, and an entire Minimalism channel by Matt D'Avella on YouTube. Fascinating that people have that much of an attachment to things or items and have the inability to see what materialism has done to America.

Is there an equivalent to digital minimalism out there? Lol that's my problem atm.

Oh and @Gesu, Toys"R"Us can burn to the ground.

I used to work there in my teen years and on top of the terrible pay, you witness first hand why the retail business is as horrible to work in as they say and all the stories you hear from other people come true. I think the worst encounter I had with a customer was when there was a misprint in their advertisements for one of those Jeep Wrangler car things from Fisher Price (ad was like a digit off reg price), and this lady came into the store bouncing from employee to employee demanding that we honor the screw up. When we told her we didn't carry stock she nearly reeee'd before this was even a thing, and demanded one of us be responsible and get reprimanded/fired right in front of her for not doing our jobs. These people exist. The horrors of middle aged moms yelling at me about where the fuck the Zhu Zhu Pets were, like they were some sort of crack will haunt my memories forever.

2 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

Seen the documentary myself, as well as other ideas for shows like Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix, and an entire Minimalism channel by Matt D'Avella on YouTube. Fascinating that people have that much of an attachment to things or items and have the inability to see what materialism has done to America.

Is there an equivalent to digital minimalism out there? Lol that's my problem atm.

Oh and @Gesu, Toys"R"Us can burn to the ground.

I used to work there in my teen years and on top of the terrible pay, you witness first hand why the retail business is as horrible to work in as they say and all the stories you hear from other people come true. I think the worst encounter I had with a customer was when there was a misprint in their advertisements for one of those Jeep Wrangler car things from Fisher Price (ad was like a digit off reg price), and this lady came into the store bouncing from employee to employee demanding that we honor the screw up. When we told her we didn't carry stock she nearly reeee'd before this was even a thing, and demanded one of us be responsible and get reprimanded/fired right in front of her for not doing our jobs. These people exist. The horrors of middle aged moms yelling at me about where the fuck the Zhu Zhu Pets were, like they were some sort of crack will haunt my memories forever.

There's a great book on digital minimalism by Cal Newport and one about screen/cellphone addiction by Adam Alter called Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked.

1 hour ago, secret_no_03 said:

Oh really? Although I guess if the bag brings a lot of 'meaning' to people's lives, it's ok...? XD

Glad to hear your recommendation, I saw Goodbye Things and thought about buying it (digitally of course :p). 

1 hour ago, nullmoon said:

Oh really? Although I guess if the bag brings a lot of 'meaning' to people's lives, it's ok...? XD

Glad to hear your recommendation, I saw Goodbye Things and thought about buying it (digitally of course :p). 

The second is him giving a presentation.

I’m feeling an odd sense of loneliness right now, I could cry profusely, but what good would it do? It wouldn’t. I feel broken, I feel like everything I’ve worked for in my life has always turned out to be in vain. I’m a pushover and I know it but there’s nothing I can do about it. What is the point in anything? Life is mundane, and everyone I grow to love hurts me deeply at some point and I feel like I’m sometimes taken for granted, I’m obviously not a saint, and I have hurt people myself...I don’t know what I’m saying anymore, I just wish things would get better for once.

2 hours ago, TheZigzagoon said:

I’m feeling an odd sense of loneliness right now, I could cry profusely, but what good would it do? It wouldn’t. I feel broken, I feel like everything I’ve worked for in my life has always turned out to be in vain. I’m a pushover and I know it but there’s nothing I can do about it. What is the point in anything? Life is mundane, and everyone I grow to love hurts me deeply at some point and I feel like I’m sometimes taken for granted, I’m obviously not a saint, and I have hurt people myself...I don’t know what I’m saying anymore, I just wish things would get better for once.

Currently going through the same thing and it sucks *hugs*. I'm currently trying to live for myself; doing what I want, when I want. All within reason of course!

It's about trying to take control of your life and living on your terms instead of those of others. Being constantly let down by others sucks, so it's best to become self-sufficient in your happiness. That way when worthwhile people come along, you'll appreciate them so much :)

I've been trying to will myself to listen to a bunch of full releases from start to finish on Spotify for months and it's been such a struggle, but I put all the releases into a playlist today and started playing them on shuffle, and all of a sudden I'm having so much fun? It's the same music, but it everything sounds so much better. Weird.

Been thinking about starting twitter but I have nothing cool or witty to tweet about. I also don't want to just follow every bandman ever because I already do that on instagram and want my twitter feed to be a little more streamlined. I think I'm too introverted for social media, really, and I feel pressured to have it because everyone else does.

Edited by Zalemu

i love the concept of minimalism but i don't think i can ever put it into practice.......

i like collecting things and i've got books and games that give me a source of inspiration. it's kinda hard to be minimal when you're an artist, unless you do minimal art or something. thankfully, i mostly do digital art at least.

7 minutes ago, plastic_rainbow said:

i love the concept of minimalism but i don't think i can ever put it into practice.......

i like collecting things and i've got books and games that give me a source of inspiration. it's kinda hard to be minimal when you're an artist, unless you do minimal art or something. thankfully, i mostly do digital art at least.

There's a common misconception that you have to throw everything away, but you don't. You get rid of what doesn't bring joy and  meaning to your life to make room for what does. Now, I will warn you that you can go over board and get addicted to throwing things away. I had so many cds and games and DVDs in cases and threw away nearly every case (even my DALLE stuff), everything that I didn't intend to sell, but it felt good and I don't really regret it. You start small, get rid of stuff with no meaning or next to little or no meaning and go from there. I hope I've cleared things up a bit, no pun intended.

5 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

There's a common misconception that you have to throw everything away, but you don't. You get rid of what doesn't bring joy and  meaning to your life to make room for what does. Now, I will warn you that you can go over board and get addicted to throwing things away. I had so many cds and games and DVDs in cases and threw away nearly every case (even my DALLE stuff), everything that I didn't intend to sell, but it felt good and I don't really regret it. You start small, get rid of stuff with no meaning or next to little or no meaning and go from there. I hope I've cleared things up a bit, no pun intended.

there are definitely things i don't need. heck, i still have some writings from high school and diaries as old as my elementary years (which all sound pretty dumb and embarrassing), but i can't help but still feel attached whenever i look at them, haha. i can get rid of my anime figurines and key chains tho that's for sure....

since i've been constantly changing locations due to school for the past several years, i've been more aware of how much stuff i've accumulated and traveling was always a hassle. getting rid of things definitely puts less weight on your shoulders. (if only books were easier to transport tho cuz i can't get rid of them!)

Just now, plastic_rainbow said:

there are definitely things i don't need. heck, i still have some writings from high school and diaries as old as my elementary years (which all sound pretty dumb and embarrassing), but i can't help but still feel attached whenever i look at them, haha. i can get rid of my anime figurines and key chains tho that's for sure....

since i've been constantly changing locations due to school for the past several years, i've been more aware of how much stuff i've accumulated and traveling was always a hassle. getting rid of things definitely puts less weight on your shoulders. (if only books were easier to transport tho cuz i can't get rid of them!)

I highly recommend that for notes, papers, documents etc to either take pictures or scan them. I don't blame you with books, but I gave mine away to my local library, and now the ones they haven't sold, I can read any time.

Whenever I see an image with that "proudly hosted on Photobucket" watermark, I have to wonder how proud the person who posted the image actually is of the fact that their image was hosted on Photobucket.

A Japanese man may never hold the hotdog eating world record ever again (Takeru Kobayashi is the GOAT), but on the women's side it's looking like Miki Sudo will be the Japanese hot dog eating queen for the foreseeable future.

7 hours ago, Tokage said:

Maximalism is objectively more fun than minimalism tbh

Well to each their own, but minimalism and releasing your connection to physical objects means you'll likely spend less money on stuff you don't need and use it for experiences. I mean the average person could get rid of a bunch of junk and have money for a nice dinner or a vacation even. Food for thought.

9 hours ago, Tokage said:

Maximalism is objectively more fun than minimalism tbh

me liking the concept of minimalism by no means indicates that i prefer minimalism over maximalism! i do like the different kinds of aesthetic people create, given that it doesn't look like a hot mess and is actually pleasing to look at lol. i feel like i'd kinda fall into both categories.

so massive attack dropped a one coin sixty dollar single with one track produced on an x-ray that only survives around a dozen plays and honestly sukekiyo are seething somewhere while uta is crushing and snorting a ket pill

"According to Uta's wishes Kyo rids him of his virginity and after that also saves him from fainting. In the middle of the night, in his bahroom Kyo finally decides that Toshiya's toothbrush has to go and give room to a new one belonging to Uta."

who wrote this. Reveal yourself