zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

I've just changed cars but haven't had the chance to change car radio's yet, so my current one has only a CD player (no AUX, no USB, no Bluetooth wtf?!). Anyway, listening to radio stations pisses me off so I had to undust my CD collection (incidentally most of the music I own in CD format is vk ^^).  

The point of this rant is, I keep all of my CD's in foil. Yep, all of them, some for 15 years. I did unpack them, took them out, ripped them but then I put them back in foil. So now that I not only have to take them off the shelf, I have to listen to them in a car radio when they can get scratched if a bigger bump comes along?! 

Guys, I drive more cautiously not to scratch my CDs. That's my life now. 

Edited by spockitty

9 hours ago, spockitty said:

I've just changed cars but haven't had the chance to change car radio's yet, so my current one has only a CD player (no AUX, no USB, no Bluetooth wtf?!). Anyway, listening to radio stations pisses me off so I had to undust my CD collection (incidentally most of the music I own in CD format is vk ^^).  

The point of this rant is, I keep all of my CD's in foil. Yep, all of them, some for 15 years. I did unpack them, took them out, ripped them but then I put them back in foil. So now that I not only have to take them off the shelf, I have to listen to them in a car radio when they can get scratched if a bigger bump comes along?! 

Guys, I drive more cautiously not to scratch my CDs. That's my life now. 

probably overkill, but why not rip new copies of the CD so that if they get messed up you still have the originals?

29 minutes ago, Zeus said:

probably overkill, but why not rip new copies of the CD so that if they get messed up you still have the originals?

Please, overkill is my second name. You're a genius, why oh why didn't I think of that. Do they still sell CDRW cds tho? Is this still a thing people use? Gotta investigate.

c'mon, Luigi is obviously a Pavement fan, look at the hard life the dude's had, he's hella into that 90s indie stuff

Do Japanese people have thick hair? I always thought it was fine like the rest of the Asiatic people in Eastern Asia. 

Some lady asked me if I was mixed race with Japanese since I had very thick and full hair.

This was after she pinched a lock of it lol.

10 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

Do Japanese people have thick hair? I always thought it was fine like the rest of the Asiatic people in Eastern Asia. 

Some lady asked me if I was mixed race with Japanese since I had very thick and full hair.

This was after she pinched a lock of it lol.

Very. I'll always be envious of my SO who is part Japanese and has thick hair.

Sometimes I really wish Lynch Mob could hold onto a stable line-up. I always think about going to see them when they come through my city, and I always get too scared to do it because the singer has suddenly changed right before the shows in the past. As much as I love George Lynch, if I'm seeing Lynch Mob for the first time I at least want it to be with someone I've heard of singing. I'd really love to see them with Oni Logan at least once in my life because I've listened to the Wicked Sensation album so much over the years.

I've crossed Michael Monroe and L.A. Guns with Phil and Tracii off my list. Still vaguely hoping for Skid Row with Sebastian and the original Lynch Mob before they all get too old...

Edited by violetchain

1 hour ago, violetchain said:

I've crossed Michael Monroe and L.A. Guns with Phil and Tracii off my list. Still vaguely hoping for Skid Row with Sebastian and the original Lynch Mob before they all get 

Jealous as hell here, Michael always skips the Netherlands. I did have the opportunity to see L.A. Guns with Phil and Tracii last year though! 

Still waiting for Sebastian to come back here too. He’s played close to me a few times but without me realising while my room used to basically bathe in Baz, obviously. I had the biggest crush on him. Skid Row... I don’t see it happening (Rachel please). 

Tom Keifer C̶i̶n̶d̶e̶r̶e̶l̶l̶a̶ is still on my wishlist, but a girl can dream. Would also love to see some bands like Poison or Ratt, but I doubt they’ll ever tour Europe. 

Edited by Lestat

25 minutes ago, Lestat said:

Jealous as hell here, Michael always skips the Netherlands. I did have the opportunity to see L.A. Guns with Phil and Tracii last year though! 

Still waiting for Sebastian to come back here too. He’s played close to me a few times but without me realising while my room used to basically bathe in Baz, obviously. I had the biggest crush on him. Skid Row... I don’t see it happening (Rachel please). 

Tom Keifer C̶i̶n̶d̶e̶r̶e̶l̶l̶a̶ is still on my wishlist, but a girl can dream. Would also love to see some bands like Poison or Ratt, but I doubt they’ll ever tour Europe. 

Oh really? Always thought you'd have better luck seeing him in Europe. I always wanted to see Hanoi Rocks, but I believe someone mentioned that the reason they could never come to Canada before is because Andy can't get into the country or something, so I don't think I ever really had a chance for that. I saw Michael and Sami Yaffa do Motorvatin' live though, so at least I got about as close as I possibly could have without traveling out of the country.

Lol, I actually bought a ticket once to see Sebastian solo - I think it was around when he released Kicking & Screaming - but he cancelled last minute and I'm still kind of bitter about it so I haven't tried to see him again since. If the original Skid Row did a reunion, I'd go 100% though. It'd be worth seeing even if it was a trainwreck. I mean, it's not gonna happen unless something really dramatic spurs them to action, but I can dream...

Was a little worried about Phil's age going into the L.A. Guns show, but it was really worth the wait! He still looks and sounds great, all things considered, and it was a surprisingly strong turnout for a weekday night. I had a thing for Baz too, but Phil Lewis was always my biggest 80s rock crush, so I'm really happy I got to see him with such a strong version of the band.

Oh, I've never seen Cinderella or Tom Keifer either. Don't think they usually come up this way. That would be interesting as well. I didn't really get as deep into Cinderella as I did a lot of other bands from that era, but I liked Heartbreak Station a lot.

All this talk of reparations for ADOS....bleh. Throwing money at a group of people who've been destroyed at practically every level is not going to help - in fact, it may very well do the opposite.

I don't get how it's so easy for everyone else to find hot people where I live. I've seen about seven genuinely hot guys here in nearly nineteen years, and nothing ever came of it. Do they have a bloody radar or something?

I though my mom was mentally ready for me to come out but the way she freaked out when I shared Sena's photo with fake boobs on IG says otherwise 😕

So I believe in chance/luck more than ever now.

On Sunday my gf and I were hungry for Ramen, so we decided between two Ramen Shops (within very close vicinity of each other, and the latter had just opened), so we did a coin toss to decide. So since it landed on tails, we went to the new one. We walk in and immediately I recognize a nice Asian waitress I had already met months prior at another shop (although she apparently had left the business so I never saw her there again), and then she introduces me to her husband, who is the sushi chef.

Well guess what? I had already met this guy before at another sushi restaurant almost a year ago (it was only once, and when I went back there again like half a year later he had already left). The look on eachother's faces when we both realized we had already met haha we were laughing about how uncanny this coincidence was and we spent the entire time catching up.

So I literally ran into the same two people I had already met before, and these same 2 people were married and working in their new restaurant they opened up haha.

A fucking coin toss decided this.

Holy shit.

Edited by YuyoDrift
Sentences were bad, gomen.

Not sure really whether to take it as a compliment or not, but my older brother has been going through some things lately, so I sat with him, listened to his issues, and offered him some counsel. He told me that "he wish he could record me (what I was saying) right now", ahahaha. It's funny, because I don't consider myself to be particularly wise, and on the contrary - I actually believe myself to be quite naive and bumbling in a lot of ways - so the fact that I could offer my brother some words that could feed his spirit and uplift his countenance....I was genuinely shocked at his response.

But I feel where he's coming from. I've found myself having that exact same reaction towards a lot of the people I've met over the past 2 years....literally wishing I could record our conversations because they were just that impactful. So i get it. I'm just surprised that someone would say the same about me.

I think it may be what some refer to as the spirit of wisdom, or perhaps the spirit of truth....because as I was talking to my brother, it's like I was talking to myself as well, as the words cut me just same...they applied to me just as much as they applied to him. Whatever the case - I know I don't know much, and I can often be a complete idiot, so it's pretty surreal being able to "channel" something like that, and actually affect someone in a positive way. So I suppose my brother's response is a compliment in a sense, but I can't imagine myself taking credit for it.

I’m growing increasingly tired of my life being at a stand still, one day I’ll feel happy where I am and the next minute I’ll be wishing my life away to a point where I have some form of certainty in my life such as financial stability, a house, other things... I dunno, I’m just tired of being so uncertain with...well, life.

Dunno why but I really want Elon Musk to buy Facebook; I might create an account if he does. No reason for this, I just want it to happen. Just an idle thought.