zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

reading all this stuff about siren blood curse is sooo interesting! i'm able to appreciate the game more now.

they made everything as realistic as possible, basing everything off of myths and real places (even most of the sound design was recorded live), i almost wanted to believe howard wright's blog was real too lol. the blog was created a year before the game's initial release in 2008, but i'm thinking that the developers planned that ahead of time before releasing the game.

still, things like these that causes me to wonder is what i like about horror, whether they're fake or not. some people may easily say that it's all fake, but i don't care. i like to keep myself interested by questioning the plausibility.

17 hours ago, plastic_rainbow said:

i don't feel like visiting home today. i have to attend my cousin's wedding tomorrow who's almost 10 years younger than me and i'm still in my early twenties. i feel more sorry for her than being happy. maybe she had it coming, but still, tradition sucks.

What?

10 hours ago, plastic_rainbow said:

reading all this stuff about siren blood curse is sooo interesting! i'm able to appreciate the game more now.

they made everything as realistic as possible, basing everything off of myths and real places (even most of the sound design was recorded live), i almost wanted to believe howard wright's blog was real too lol. the blog was created a year before the game's initial release in 2008, but i'm thinking that the developers planned that ahead of time before releasing the game.

still, things like these that causes me to wonder is what i like about horror, whether they're fake or not. some people may easily say that it's all fake, but i don't care. i like to keep myself interested by questioning the plausibility.

Siren Blood Curse is a very good game IMO, and horror the way horror should be. Great, frightening atmosphere, which is a serious scarce in the world of horror games. Creators of such games often seem to misunderstand what horror is and should be all about, and what it is that actually makes horror games work. The two first Silent Hill games, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Siren Blood Curse, Slender: The Eight Pages, that's what horror games should be like. They are all atmosphere-based games, and great games as well.

10 hours ago, Δrche said:

What?

err...i left out the important details. she got herself pregnant and is now forced to marry......it's a cultural custom.

9 hours ago, Bear said:

Siren Blood Curse is a very good game IMO, and horror the way horror should be. Great, frightening atmosphere, which is a serious scarce in the world of horror games. Creators of such games often seem to misunderstand what horror is and should be all about, and what it is that actually makes horror games work. The two first Silent Hill games, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Siren Blood Curse, Slender: The Eight Pages, that's what horror games should be like. They are all atmosphere-based games, and great games as well.

I agree! Siren Blood Curse has become one of my favorites now! I wasn't able to enjoy it back then because I didn't understand the complex storyline and I thought it was just a really weird game. But I do love the atmosphere and the creatures are creepy as hell. Very grotesque and twisted. I miss old survival horrors like those you mentioned, and it's a real shame that they don't make horror games like that anymore. Don't forget the Fatal Frame series and the early Resident Evil games too~

Wtf happend that my body got so used to get fruits that it starting to demend them when I didn't eat some till the end of the day?! O_o Never thought I'd have a rather healthy eating behavior... in the end I'll get old or what? Horrible...

But at least the motiv of the Malice Mizer patch turned out good, only the border is left to do. <3

17 hours ago, plastic_rainbow said:

err...i left out the important details. she got herself pregnant and is now forced to marry......it's a cultural custom.

Really? Where are you from?

On 28.5.2016 at 0:44 PM, Bear said:

Siren BC would've been much cooler if the obvious "western-friendly" remake-iness wasn't that obvious. First Siren games were much cooler and less cliche in the same vein as  why e.g. Japanese Ringu/Grudge are definitely superior to its horrendous American reboots (as a case in point).

Nonetheless, Blood Curse is still the best horror game on PS3 though.

Edited by Alroy

On top of everything else, I can't even properly communicate with other foreign bangya. It's hard enough sometimes being one of the only foreigners at an instore or live event, can we not just be nice to each other? Especially when said people seem to have their nose up Japanese bangya's asses. So when i try to make friends its just muri? 

(This of course isn't direced to anyone on this site. )

Sometimes I stay up at night to watch TV and sometimes I stay up and conclude that the best I'll ever do relationship wise is marrying a block of wood or some shit. No one wants this, "this" is sick.

hurtbreak wonderland is a pretty good WEG album.

after hearing farewell kingdom i pretty much thought the lie lay land was his only good album and gave up checking his other stuff.