zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

On 4/24/2017 at 5:42 PM, Carmelzors said:

When I see these people often stating that "yay when I grow up and bear kids, I shall make them listen to my vk muzak", I often think whether that feels too forced and perhaps hindering with regards to unique development of your own children. I am not considering any grandiose family prospects per se but seeing these 2010s families with parents of my own age, what are their attitudes towards raising their kids etc. irks me a bit.

Just provide and explain options to your brats, encourage openness etc. Forcing your own interests (exclusively), especially those of VK-like proportions, will merely damage their own unique perception, viewpoints they will abide to in the later course.

This is also my main argument against most families kickstarting their infant-bearing days right in their early 20s - when they (more likely) have no fricking idea how to encourage growth, one's mental development, responsibility for fuck's sake. Give it some time lads...

Fortunately enough this is MH and not Reddit where these weeaboo moms and dads fail to test their wits over my statements above.

Even though I agree on this...

Isn't encouraging them to watch Disney channel over cartoon network (or vice versa), making them listen to specific children songs and dressing them in what YOU think is cute/appropriate for their gender also forcing your own interests on them?

As a personal example, I never watched any TV show, just movies that my mother had pre-approved, always dressed girly to fit her vision of how women are supposed to be and listened to fucking Mazapan and Henri Dès until I was THIRTEEN. (I got into rock at 16 because I wasn't allowed to use youtube or download anything until then.)

Weren't many of us raised according to our parents views of what we were supposed to like or what they considered was best for us?

Granted, people raising kids before being mature themselves are bound to fuck up more along the way, but, in a way, regardless of the age, hasn't everyone tried to encourage people one loves to take an interest in what interests us, at least once?

It is an interesting subject you touched there :P

i pre-order little nightmares it looks  good i though it would like 60 dollars or something it was actually 20 dollars..

not a bad price o.o

i can't stop coughing

i've literally coughed myself into having the voice of a man. my throat is so raw. can this end.

update: yesterday was man voice. today? NO VOICE AT ALL

Edited by itsukoii

46 minutes ago, itsukoii said:

i can't stop coughing

i've literally coughed myself into having the voice of a man. my throat is so raw. can this end.

update: yesterday was man voice. today? NO VOICE AT ALL

Went through this in February. Tried everything and the cough persisted for two or three weeks, and the only thing that finally worked were antiallergics, even though the cough originated from a common flu :/ 

drink warm water with lemon and honey and don't force your voice out today. Best of luck!

I 'm ending this beautiful lie, having done more harm to myself than I should have.

I understand that. If it never lets go, then I have no choice but to give in.

They say too much of a "good" thing, is bad for you.

But can it kill a man with no heart?

i sometimes think about sharing my lyric translating blog with my japanese/japanese language classmates and professors for feedback and stuff, but then i get too embarrassed because none of them know that i listen to vk lol

Today, i'm a bit excited what my grandmother, aunt, and my cousins will be giving me the souvenir they got from France, can't wait to know.

i swear all i do is spend money and i seriously need to stop for a while because i don't wanna be broke i

need to save some money to at least have

Accidentally broke my post today at work. Thankfully tomorrow marks 6 weeks of having my labret, so I was able to change it cause it was all healed up! 

Strange though, cause I was able to fit a 14 gauge in with no problems or stretching, but I'm pretty sure I was pierced with a 16 gauge. The clerk from the store I was getting piercings from said I wouldn't be able to fit a 14 in.

Do you ever get the feeling that some things that seem to be essentials in life just aren't for you? For me it's meaningful relations of any kind. I just suck at making friends in all arenas, whether someone has similar interests or none at all. If I do get someone to become interested in me, they often seem to lose interest or become friends with someone else 'nearby' in said circle. Perhaps it's attributed to my social awkwardness or introvertedness or I just have really bad luck. And when I do try to be social, most times I'm shot down in some form or fashion. 

Sobby random thought (there's probably a thread for these kinda things), but it's just been on my mind the past few days. I'm really starting to think I won't be able to truly connect with anyone.

Moving is so annoying. Especially when you have no car, don't want to use an expensive moving service and have to do it all on your own. In the last two weeks I was moving so many kilos of stuff I got muscle pain. Why do I have to have so many CDs and clothes… will take forever to get it all into my flat.

At least I have my own place to live and I am finally all by myself. No longer weird stares when my mum peaks into my room while I dance to my shitty trash music or dress up

SkeletalHopefulArabianwildcat.gif

41 minutes ago, Valicious said:

Pour one out for the MH chat

The staff really need to embed discord onto the MH site.  There's a way to do it

I didn't even know that was possible... XD  yes we need to do that asap. maybe the more technically inclined individuals on the staff can figure it out for us :D 

@Zeus @nostalgia

Waiting for my  video to finish rendering and once I submit it, that's me done. I'm free from a degree that has depleted me of any type of life for three years.

Cannot wait to be done and get back to looking after myself. I've counted the days since September last year. 

(also this is the longest a video has taken to render... Please don't crash...)