zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

13 hours ago, herpes said:

You shouldn’t be taking life lessons from a man in a coma in Russia for the last six months because he ate 40lbs of ham

dayummm LMAOOOOOOOO :tw_joy:

On 6/27/2020 at 3:55 AM, CAT5 said:

TI'm pretty sure most of these dudes don't hate black ppl (Especially in Peterson's case), but I can understand why people label them racist: it's because they have their heads stuck so far up their own asses....they're so hyper-focused on shit like "empirical" data (which is often biased as hell) that they can't see the forest for the trees...and they're so blatantly out of touch with the reality that most so-called African-Americans face, yet they talk bold as fuck like they've walked in our very shoes. It's that prideful ignorance that comes off as extremely insensitive/offensive, and that's why I think it's easy to label a lot of these types as racist.

That's precisely why I think we shouldn't give people like him the stage

As much as I find 99% of his musings laughably common place and provocative for the sake of looking smarter instead of actually being smarter, what bothers me the most is that we have great masters like Fanon, Mbembe or Cornel West for a more american-centered view/experience that makes Peterson race ramblings look like a child talk in comparison, yet guess which one gets all the attention

On 6/29/2020 at 2:02 PM, chemicalpictures said:

That's precisely why I think we shouldn't give people like him the stage

As much as I find 99% of his musings laughably common place and provocative for the sake of looking smarter instead of actually being smarter, what bothers me the most is that we have great masters like Fanon, Mbembe or Cornel West for a more american-centered view/experience that makes Peterson race ramblings look like a child talk in comparison, yet guess which one gets all the attention

Here's how I look at it. I think Peterson is pretty brilliant. I don't agree with him on everything, but wisdom is certainly with him. Wisdom, however, belongs to no man. So I glean the bits of wisdom from him that I can and simply ignore the rest - "chew the meat and spit out the bones" - so to speak. I do this with everyone, though. Whether you're Jordan Peterson, one of my homeboys, or a complete stranger.

Personally, I disagree with not giving Peterson a stage tho. Why? Cuz what he eats doesn't make me shit. Meaning, his words have no effect on my reality unless I allow them to. And I I'd be a fool to listen a white guy from rural Canada try to tell me about my experience as a nigga from the deep south of U.S.A, whose people were not only taken into slavery, but were also BORN into slavery, and suffered (and are suffering from) generations of trauma that's yet to be healed.

1 hour ago, CAT5 said:

Here's how I look at it. I think Peterson is pretty brilliant. I don't agree with him on everything, but wisdom is certainly with him. Wisdom, however, belongs to no man. So I glean the bits of wisdom from him that I can and simply ignore the rest - "chew the meat and spit out the bones" - so to speak. I do this with everyone, though. Whether you're Jordan Peterson, one of my homeboys, or a complete stranger.

Personally, I disagree with not giving Peterson a stage tho. Why? Cuz what he eats doesn't make me shit. Meaning, his words have no effect on my reality unless I allow them to. And I I'd be a fool to listen a white guy from rural Canada try to tell me about my experience as a nigga from the deep south of U.S.A, whose people were not only taken into slavery, but were also BORN into slavery, and suffered (and are suffering from) generations of trauma that's yet to be healed.

To be honest I never went past his 12 rules book which I read out of curiosity right before his debate with Zizek ( which was a boring one if you ask me, Zizek seems too cynical to properly engage like younger Zizek would do), but I do understand your point and I think there's a lot of merit, even though it's not for me, that's just life.

My point is that I do think that a lot of times when he steps outside the self-help small talk, he dives into some pretty dangerous thoughts, specially considering he knows who make up the majority of his public. For exemple, the several times he blatantly ignore systemic oppressions insisting on placing the root of problems on the lack of self improvement and it reverberates on a shit ton of people who makes life for everyone else really hard, that's when I have a problem with him having the stage. That's why I believe that, even though his words do not affect you (or me, or anyone else who doesn't want to) on a personal level, they are part of what validates some of the horrible circlejerk that  affects the life in society as a  whole.

I fail to see how the (little, IMHO) value he brings to the table outwheights the bad, but that's just me. I am of the idea that society is on the verge of a profound collapse, and the never ending class warfare will reach new violent heights, and he is one of those who speaks to the other side I'm on.

But maybe I'm wrong. I fully respect people like you who can be thoughtful and still extracts good from the "bad", maybe are the ones who gonna take us out of this mess, I don't know.

Edited by chemicalpictures

@chemicalpictures First of all, I just wanted to thank you for actually engaging me in conversation like an adult. I know it probably seems like a small thing, but man, it seems so increasingly rare to find people with different perspectives who don't automatically make you into enemy just because you may disagree on a few things. I know I tend to have some out-of-the box and unpopular (maybe even chaotic @platy :lol: ) opinions, so this is a really refreshing exchange, and I appreciate it!

On 6/30/2020 at 4:54 PM, chemicalpictures said:

To be honest I never went past his 12 rules book which I read out of curiosity right before his debate with Zizek ( which was a boring one if you ask me, Zizek seems too cynical to properly engage like younger Zizek would do), but I do understand your point and I think there's a lot of merit, even though it's not for me, that's just life.

I think  I came across Peterson on the Joe Rogan podcast in late 2016, and was like "hm, this guy is pretty interesting". I think I probably watched every video of his online by the end of 2017 :lol:I think his political discourse was entertaining, but I don't personally care about politics. I started seriously studying the bible in the summer of 2017, and it just so happened that Peterson released a bible lecture series around that time...so that's really what I was more interested in. Peterson is off in a lot of ways, but I think he did a really good job of explaining "God"/Biblical matters in a secular way...in a way that even non-believers could understand.

I read a bit of 12 rules, but never finished it cuz most of that stuff he'd already talked about in some form. I remember the ZIzek thing, but didn't really care for all the shit they were discussing.

My point is that I do think that a lot of times when he steps outside the self-help small talk, he dives into some pretty dangerous thoughts, specially considering he knows who make up the majority of his public. For exemple, the several times he blatantly ignore systemic oppressions insisting on placing the root of problems on the lack of self improvement and it reverberates on a shit ton of people who makes life for everyone else really hard, that's when I have a problem with him having the stage. That's why I believe that, even though his words do not affect you (or me, or anyone else who doesn't want to) on a personal level, they are part of what validates some of the horrible circlejerk that  affects the life in society as a  whole.

I feel you on this. This is white supremacy at its finest. I used to get angry at this type of stuff, and I actually went through different periods of my life hating white people because of it...but then I came to understand: there are a ton of white people out there who simply don't see white supremacy because they are immersed in it. They don't understand because they haven't walked in our shoes. They haven't seen the world through our eyes.  Trying to explain white supremacy to  *some* white people is like trying to explain heartbreak or depression to someone who's never experienced it. Good luck.

Not only that, but even though whites are not as systemically oppressed as black ppl...white ppl still suffer through all the ills and pains of life that we all do. They still have to deal with death, heartbreak, betrayal, and all the craziness that comes along with merely existing in this dog-eat-dog world. So a lot of white ppl are not willing to give us that extra compassion because they can only see that common suffering that we all share as human beings...and they don't or can't see those extra layers of oppression.

However, I'd say that Peterson and other white ppl are not entirely wrong when they place the root of the problem on lack of self improvement...

Hear me out...

I don't identify with any political parties or sides. But here's what I noticed from observation. The left tells black ppl "you're oppressed. we need to help you!" The right tells black ppl, "you're not oppressed. pull yourself up by your bootstraps".

Here's the problem. Both the left and the right are wrong...but both also have a small bit of truth in them. For instance:

If we ex-slaves (ADOS) were truly on an equal footing with white ppl, then we would have pulled ourselves up A LONG TIME AGO. In fact, we did at times, but guess what? The progress we made was always hindered, terrorized, or destroyed (go read about Black Wall Street). So that pull yourself up by your bootstraps rhetoric is bullshit...we've been systematically destroyed and broken as a people in this country...

So the right telling us to "pull ourselves up" is like someone breaking a man's legs, then proclaiming that the man's legs are not actually broken and that he should be able run the race just like anyone else. smh

From the leftist perspective, it would go more like this...someone breaks a man's legs, and instead of offering him physical therapy and healing, he just gives him a wheelchair and offers to take care of him for the rest of his life...(meaning his legs could be healed, but he'd rather have him weak and dependent).

Can you see the problems with the views of the American left and right now?

Now here's where the left is correct about black ppl - YES, WE ARE OPPRESSED. Here's where the right  is correct about black ppl - yes, we do need to take responsibility.

Look at it like this. When I say black ppl, i'm referring to ADOS (African Descendants of Slaves). There's a difference between this group of ppl and other black ppls that come over to America willingly.

For us ADOS, we were broken down mentally, physically, spiritually, and socioeconimcally for 400 years. We were in slavery for longer than we've been free, and we've endured GENERATIONS of trauma that has never been healed.

So in a lot of ways, you can view us ADOS as a severely battered and mentally ill patient. Think about it. If the so-called Jews experienced epigenetic trauma from the Holocaust - and that only lasted 4 years. Imagine what 400 years of trauma would do to a people. Yeah, we're fucked up.

So yes, our oppression needs to be acknowledged...and we need sympathy/empathy, love, and understanding. But just like anyone who's mentally ill, we as a people still have to take responsibility for healing ourselves. Blaming the white man for everything and focusing on everything the white man says and does is not going to solve our issues. In fact, we were doing waaaaaayyyyyy better before we got lulled into integrating with the white man. Even MLK regretted it before he died. Justice is not complicated. If the U.S. was gonna save us, they would have done it by now. But they, the left and the right - the entire damn system, actually benefits from our collective dysfunction. So while it would be nice to get love, understanding, and compassion from white ppl, they cannot save us, and we need to stop looking at them to do so.

I fail to see how the (little, IMHO) value he brings to the table outwheights the bad, but that's just me. I am of the idea that society is on the verge of a profound collapse, and the never ending class warfare will reach new violent heights, and he is one of those who speaks to the other side I'm on.

Oh, the U.S. is definitely going to fall. I'm not gonna get too deep into this, as i've already typed way more than I intended to, but...most people have realized by now that I follow the bible. And I believe the very people of the bible, the Israelites, "God's chosen", are none other than the very descendants of slavery that you see today. Us "black folk" or "niggers" as so many call us. The bible is actually OUR history. I'll leave you with this prophecy:

Genesis 15: 13 - 14

13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;

14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.

We were initially enslaved here in 1619. 2019 just ended. That's 400 years. At the end of 2019 is when COVID hit, which pretty much shut down the entire world. We've never seen anything like this before. Could this be judgment? Who knows. I also find it interesting that the entire world is screaming "Black Lives Matter". Why NOW? Was George Floyd any different than the ten's of thousands of black people that died here before him?

Just some things to think about. :lol: The thing about prophecy is that the only way to know if a prophecy is real or not, is to see if it actually comes to pass. So I guess we'll see! :P

My existence is paradoxical, or there's no other definition, when literally everyone is saying something like "you're so stunning, you must be popular! Precious ♡", while my close -favorite human beings- are just "wow, you're still here. What do you want from me?", and this pattern keeps repeating.

Idk, it's just heartbreaking. 

I've never cared for Jin, but I've gotta say, the Jin x Ryo combo is producing quality YouTuber content. Ryo gives good answers. 😂

Kanon Wakeshima circa 2009, great style for her music. It's a shame she changed directions so abruptly. I think the goth lolita scene still has potential (music wise). Mix the sound with some brand partnerships and you can make some decent dough from the die hard fanbase.

I was walking home late night with the missus in torrential rain when we saw a woman's handbag lying bare on the street. For about three seconds we had the idea of taking a look inside in case it would have anything therein to identify its owner if someone had accidentally lost it, but almost immediately I notice that there's all kinds of junk discarded all over the street: pens, basically an entire women's wardrobe, memorabilia and everything else you'd have in a room where someone lived in. There were numerous people observing what was going on in the balconies of the building where the stuff had been thrown out of, and that's when I realised that it was probably a domestic dispute that had woken up the entire neighborhood. When we took a few steps to right to see if anything else would transpire it was as if on cue that a cop car with three firetrucks arrive at the scene; they get about doing their whole thing with flashlights and separate teams of two to three people entering the building from different entrances while an inflatable platform is set up in front of the building in case someone was to jump off a balcony or the roof. It was about as dark as it could get in a city that's lit more or less around the clock by a menagerie of different artificial light sources, but nonetheless the silhouette of the roof of the building was in shrouded in darkness where only after a few minutes of staring at it, you could make out a character sitting there kind of apprehensively leaning of the edge without a whole lot of commitment. It was pretty sad to look at when I started thinking about the whole episode of throwing out some person's things from the balcony and then probably after a couple drinks being like 'fuck it, imma jump," and then by the time your up there already knees deep in this grand gesture, you have everyone living in the block starting at you with three firetrucks below with megaphones and all making into a such a scene that if I wasn't full regrets before, now I'd definitely want to be burying my head in the sand somewhere far off in the desert (or alternatively, in the bottom of a bottle.)  

While we were looking at the whole thing to see if he'll jump or not, a wandering and a very chatty middle aged alcoholic in white slacks and wet, greasy hair manages to surprise us from the behind, so naturally we had to politely listen to what he had to say. About a day ago he was on his way from the bank where he had withdrawn 10 000 zloty for his wife until he was surprised by a rowing gang of thieves who then proceeded to relieve him of his wife's cash. Ever since he has been too embarrassed to return home to deal with the scolding, and that's why he's now going around the streets drinking the time away and trying to come up with something, and he'd appreciate it greatly if we could help him to a few coins so he'd get a beer for himself. Unfortunately we didn't have cash with us, or a lot of enthusiasm to help him out for that matter, so he had to keep on going. Before that he asked if there was any advice for him, and when she told him to "tell the truth maybe?" He just remarked that it won't do, after which we got kisses on the cheek and off he went. By this time the man on the roof had disappeared back into the building and the emergency workers were packing things up. The last thing I saw was our friend trying to excavate the bag we first saw laying on the ground, probably for some cash, and an angry fireman chasing him off from looting the anonymous lady's belongings. 

Trying to get home and

Wait for bus for 45mins. Bus magically doesn't come to that stop at that time (the company's app and another bus driver indicated that it did). Well, either way now it's too late and buses don't run at this time anymore (9:30pm)

Nearest uber is in the city next-door 30mins away

Call taxi company and get hung up because I was trying to find the road name

Phone battery proceeds to run out

Walk another 45mins to get to my friends cuz it's too dark to do the 1h30mins walk home 

That's what happens when u live in old-people's-ville. I'm tired

On 7/15/2020 at 4:12 AM, Chell said:

I can't write and nobody cares - a post on being unloved I guess

No need to be so dark 

If you really want affection try to get closer to people without giving yourself away that's how I lived for 18 years

On 7/4/2020 at 4:24 AM, 少女椿 said:

My existence is paradoxical, or there's no other definition, when literally everyone is saying something like "you're so stunning, you must be popular! Precious ♡", while my close -favorite human beings- are just "wow, you're still here. What do you want from me?", and this pattern keeps repeating.

Idk, it's just heartbreaking. 

What you call paradoxical is chaos 

For instance on one entrance exam I did every question on math correct which got me to the core of top 2000 out of 2.8 million and on the military exam I did every one wrong which got me under the minumum requirement of entrance that is a paradox its simply chaos

But your problem is you didint want to make enough of an impact on their life you simply want it to happen naturally you should know humans are greedy you just have to make it all about them  or simply put you just want them to be perfect which in fact is impossible even on respect standerts I don't know how "close" you are with them but know this if you truly care for them it's not late to avert their views on you but as the old adage goes bad beginnings call for bad endings  in fact if you don't like them they don't deserve you there's always someone to share

you just have to find them 

Oh man CAT5 and chem discussed a topic that's very relevant to me.

Despite being a mixed race black guy myself I remember falling down the stupid reactionary rabbit hole back during my teenage and early adult years. These were the days where the skeptic reactionary community proliferated on Youtube and such, to such an extent that these sentiments basically dominated the platform. Videos bashing feminism, black lives matter, mixed market capitalism, and pro LGBTQ content would receive around 95-100% approval ratios from the community, inundated by circlejerk reactions, where lefties often fell prone to being too timid and afraid to express their voices, and high quality lefty content would be heavily censured and bashed simultaneously by the community.

I was involved in it, to an extent, and while I was still  fairly open minded compared to many of my younger reactionary companions (this is how I managed to get out of that shit) I was definitely one of those typical reactionary centrist types you'd see on Youtube , debating with people in comments sections, often to the extent of seeing views heavily backed and supported by spectators, while the 'social justice warrior' types would receive the short end of the stick due to the disproportionate ratio of reactionaries to lefties that persists within the social political Youtube sphere. Seeing my views validated only encouraged me to continue engaging with people. I even uploaded a few videos here and there, and had even engaged with Lauren Southern several times (before she exploded in popularity). I could easily see why so many Youtubers became grifters. 

While I certainly did believe that racism was a valid issue in the united states, even during that time, I still failed to see the extent to which it persisted, despite bein a brown person myself. At my worst, which thankfully didn't last too long, I believed that black people were disproportionately targeted by cops because they simply committed far more crime. But eventually I realized  some of the nuances involved. You cannot make excuses for racial profiling, because racial profiling is fundamentally wrong. It's not something you can so easily justify and it's a dangerous belief to have. This can lead to innocent people being persecuted, and even beaten or killed. Unarmed black people are murdered at a rate much higher than unarmed white people. There are also better ways to handle criminality. Rehabilitation, investing in social programs, infrastructure, etc.

This may sound incredibly dumb but there is some truth to it - But I also believe that one of the reasons so many people 'swallow the red pill' is because they're young and somewhat rebellious kids who feel suppressed by a left leaning society. I say this because I felt that way, and I knew others who felt that way. When you feel like you're not allowed to express or believe certain things because it'll 'trigger' others, and you see the way that people flip the fuck out as they hastily label you as prejudiced for expressing your views, whether ignorant or not. This is harmful. You can't teach someone the proper way simply by calling them names and refusing debate. This is part of what shaped my views as a 19 year old. There are better ways to open someone up to more healthy and utilitarian views. I could have benefited from that.

18 minutes ago, shiroihana said:

Oh man CAT5 and chem discussed a topic that's very relevant to me.

Despite being a mixed race black guy myself I remember falling down the stupid reactionary rabbit hole back during my teenage and early adult years. These were the days where the skeptic reactionary community proliferated on Youtube and such, to such an extent that these sentiments basically dominated the platform. Videos bashing feminism, black lives matter, mixed market capitalism, and pro LGBTQ content would receive around 95-100% approval ratios from the community, inundated by circlejerk reactions, where lefties often fell prone to being too timid and afraid to express their voices, and high quality lefty content would be heavily censured and bashed simultaneously by the community.

I was involved in it, to an extent, and while I was still  fairly open minded compared to many of my younger reactionary companions (this is how I managed to get out of that shit) I was definitely one of those typical reactionary centrist types you'd see on Youtube , debating with people in comments sections, often to the extent of seeing views heavily backed and supported by spectators, while the 'social justice warrior' types would receive the short end of the stick due to the disproportionate ratio of reactionaries to lefties that persists within the social political Youtube sphere. Seeing my views validated only encouraged me to continue engaging with people. I even uploaded a few videos here and there, and had even engaged with Lauren Southern several times (before she exploded in popularity). I could easily see why so many Youtubers became grifters. 

While I certainly did believe that racism was a valid issue in the united states, even during that time, I still failed to see the extent to which it persisted, despite bein a brown person myself. At my worst, which thankfully didn't last too long, I believed that black people were disproportionately targeted by cops because they simply committed far more crime. But eventually I realized  some of the nuances involved. You cannot make excuses for racial profiling, because racial profiling is fundamentally wrong. It's not something you can so easily justify and it's a dangerous belief to have. This can lead to innocent people being persecuted, and even beaten or killed. Unarmed black people are murdered at a rate much higher than unarmed white people. There are also better ways to handle criminality. Rehabilitation, investing in social programs, infrastructure, etc.

This may sound incredibly dumb but there is some truth to it - But I also believe that one of the reasons so many people 'swallow the red pill' is because they're young and somewhat rebellious kids who feel suppressed by a left leaning society. I say this because I felt that way, and I knew others who felt that way. When you feel like you're not allowed to express or believe certain things because it'll 'trigger' others, and you see the way that people flip the fuck out as they hastily label you as prejudiced for expressing your views, whether ignorant or not. This is harmful. You can't teach someone the proper way simply by calling them names and refusing debate. This is part of what shaped my views as a 19 year old. There are better ways to open someone up to more healthy and utilitarian views. I could have benefited from that.

This is one of the most enlightening things I've read in a long, long time.

4 hours ago, Zeus said:

I'm amazed this topic made it to 458 pages without the forum crapping out!

Ikr it's amazing how active this thread is

Disturbing too 

Man everyone has their own problems 

Can't we just sit down and say 

"wow what the f*#k happened?" 

Let's just go somewhere nice. 

On 7/19/2020 at 7:26 AM, Keiyuh said:

No need to be so dark 

If you really want affection try to get closer to people without giving yourself away that's how I lived for 18 years

Dunno man at this point its less "wanting affection" as much as it is "needing affection"

Honestly I've never been one to feel despair over being unloved but growing up made me realize it's not easy either to be 100% alone in this big bad world as I had hoped to sigh 

Bills are easier if split and I guess the lack of any punctual human touch to make them "snap out of it" is why some celebs commit suicid*

But honestly @shiroihana IA thats very enlightening. But personally from observation one thing I realized is most people who "lean left" ALSO don't Actually lean left, they're just privileged enough to live the society of the spectacle dream without any actual care for social issues, but it pins them as horrible human beings if they actually admit they don't care on a deeper level for humanitarian issues and whatnot so they throw empty discourse around. In the end, it's ~empty discourse for a lifetime and then we all die ~ from both sides, so your point is totally understandable from my point of view. (That is as someone working in fucking public social work where some Positively Privileged people with an uni degree HAVE to pretend to be amazingly enlightened humans to have some credibility, and boy I've seen SOME SHIT in here lol.)

Also why am I the woman with the candyfloss-haired kpop idol on the avatar saying such deeeeep stuff? Clearly this world's upside down COVID wants us all in hell

Edited by Chell