zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Well 2020 is going better than last year, but it looks like I'm going to have to put in some effort to make sure it stays that way.

The job hunt begins again, cuz I can't work at another entry level job for the life of me. I'm simply appalled at the amount of work these poor bastards get dumped on them for essentially being scrubs, and they're contractors ffs. Just fucking glad I cleared 1-2 years of "required" experience (whatever the fuck that has to do for an entry-level position) to land jobs around my desired pay but even then I'm not sure how much Denver's job market has changed and if that will make finding something better harder or not.

Ehhhh it's annoying, but at least I get to spend my last month at my current job with full access to MH again lol. Bittersweet.

god im so glad politicsposting got banned on here because i'm already fucking tired of seeing every other music community i'm in slowly getting overtaken by american election bullshit 

My anxiety and depression are burning me from the inside out. My Laptop and Ps4 have been stolen, my cell phone is broken and my insurance rates are going up on my car. I tried to smoke but it just makes it worse, my heart feels strange and I feel as though im in a constant state of panic. My wallet and my ssn card are also gone, I'm trying to keep my spirits up but now it's my birthday and my console, pc, wallet, flashdrives are gone and my S10 is broken(It costs $240.00 Dollars to fix and ya boi is unemployed). I honestly want to cuddle with someone and fall asleep on their lap or something, I feel sick.

Edited by Aferni

On 3/4/2020 at 11:54 AM, Tokage said:

god im so glad politicsposting got banned on here because i'm already fucking tired of seeing every other music community i'm in slowly getting overtaken by american election bullshit 

Is Biden not kowai kawaii enough for you???

88347066_1047192625662943_8615741203645788236497_1047192645662941_60155196413155

89171827_1047192668996272_1872182132726588236405_1047192702329602_37589696281606

-DOUBLE POST- :kyo:

But as for my unsolicited opinion on politics; I simply say 'let the dead bury the dead.' Voting and partaking in this dog and pony show known as an election has never yielded any progressive or redemptive fruit for ADOS (American Descendants of Slavery), so why would it now? Ain't it called 'insanity' when you keep doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results?

This country ain't never been for us, and the salvation of our people does not lie in the hands of a buncha Capitol Hill hoes who don't know, and don't even care to know a single nigga where i'm from.

The idea of creating a retro style neocities to host my stuff because I'm old is dumb but I never said I'm smart anyway

killing two birds w/ one stone... gradually

majors sites + sns make me uneasy b/c it's become more about putting people in the spotlight and parasocial stuff makes me really uncomfortable. so I've been using this opportunity to get better at webdev by pretty much blocking everything I don't want to see with scripts. for example, youtube is literally just my channel, subscriptions, my playlists, and nothing else. i'm still getting fomo (fear of missing out) creep where I cheat myself and use a different browser, but I'm getting used to it. 

sometimes it bothers me b/c it's like neutering the one thing I have in common w/ most other "young" people, but i'm really having to do this for my own sanity. 

it's like using your phone in a crowded room as an introvert, but now everyone is on the phone too so you're doubly as uncomfortable. so i'm basically going recluse².

20 minutes ago, colorful人生 said:

. for example, youtube is literally just my channel, subscriptions, my playlists, and nothing else. i'm still getting fomo (fear of missing out) creep where I cheat myself and use a different browser, but I'm getting used to it. 

How do I do this pls

Noru is doing an infographic of sorts about visual kei, sorting bands, big and small, by subgenre and period. It's a work in progress and it's incredible. It has gotten so big Noru had to divide it in three parts. This is the current version.

I put everything together in a single image, you can see it here:

infogr-fico-visual-kei-noru.png

Edited by IGM_Oficial

2 hours ago, platy said:

How do I do this pls

My Old Layout ver. was a bit messy, but this should do it for the current design:

Spoiler

! ///YouTube Neutered///

! Home [Desktop]
www.youtube.com##:xpath(//*[@id="items"]/ytd-guide-entry-renderer[1])
! Home [Tablet]
www.youtube.com##:xpath(//*[@id="items"]/ytd-mini-guide-entry-renderer[1])

! Trending [Desktop]
www.youtube.com##:xpath(//*[@id="items"]/ytd-guide-entry-renderer[2])
! Trending [Tablet]
www.youtube.com##:xpath(//*[@id="items"]/ytd-mini-guide-entry-renderer[2])

! Removes First Divider, Top Padding, and Top Margin Space
www.youtube.com##.ytd-guide-section-renderer:style(border-top:0 !important)
www.youtube.com##.ytd-guide-section-renderer:style(padding-top:0 !important)
www.youtube.com##.ytd-guide-section-renderer:style(margin-top:0 !important)

! Removes Top and Bottom Dividers for Second Section
www.youtube.com###sections.ytd-guide-renderer > *.ytd-guide-renderer:not(:last-child):style(border-bottom:0 !important)
www.youtube.com##ytd-app:not([background-color-update_]) app-drawer.ytd-app:not([persistent]).ytd-app #header.ytd-app:style(border-bottom:0 !important)

! Subscriptions
www.youtube.com##:xpath(//*[@id="sections"]/ytd-guide-section-renderer[2])

! History
www.youtube.com##:xpath(//*[@id="section-items"]/ytd-guide-entry-renderer[1])

! Watch Later
www.youtube.com##:xpath(//*[@id="section-items"]/ytd-guide-entry-renderer[3])

! "More From YouTube" Section
www.youtube.com##:xpath(//*[@id="sections"]/ytd-guide-section-renderer[3])

! Help & Feedback Sections
www.youtube.com##:xpath(//*[@id="sections"]/ytd-guide-section-renderer[4])

! Footer
www.youtube.com##:xpath(//*[@id="footer"])

! Upload Video
www.youtube.com##:xpath(//*[@id="buttons"]/ytd-topbar-menu-button-renderer[1])
! YouTube Apps
youtube.com##:xpath(//*[@id="buttons"]/ytd-topbar-menu-button-renderer[2])
! Notifications
www.youtube.com##:xpath(//*[@id="buttons"]/ytd-notification-topbar-button-renderer)

! Video Suggestions
www.youtube.com###secondary

! Make YouTube Logo Unclickable
www.youtube.com###logo:style(pointer-events: none !important)

Just paste this in "My Filters" in the Ublock Origin Dashboard. Everything is labeled, so if there's anything missing that you want, you can just delete that particular line.

I have a TamperMonkey script that just redirects from youtube.com to my subscriptions page, but you could really just bookmark your subscriptions page or keep it on the startup page.

That feeling when you might have to stay at your current job because shit's gonna hit the fan economically and you don't want to be broke AND jobless....

(No image, sorry, I'm in fucking disbelief right now)

the shit i have to deal with at home right now is making it hard for me to focus on my work and i really don't want to put low effort on my assignments or fall behind. i think it's time for me to leave the house for good, there's too much negativity around here. i finally have enough saved to live in a house share at least.

Edited by plastic_rainbow

Covid-19 just got real. Not gonna lie, this entire shit is super interesting and really fascinating. They way a huge amount of our society reacts to this is just crazy. Was an interesting and sort of surreal day at work too, as I work with kids and our school is closed (for the kids). But next week it'll be something like 15-20 kids, out of 650, as kids whose parents have important jobs to help society go around or kids with special needs are allowed to come, so that's gonna be weird as hell too. But incredibly fascinating.

image.thumb.png.d5665005c72deb7fde6eecdd

image.png.3c54e89ea04585bd850fd785877db9

Yep, spot on.

34 minutes ago, Bear said:

Covid-19 just got real. Not gonna lie, this entire shit is super interesting and really fascinating. They way a huge amount of our society reacts to this is just crazy. Was an interesting and sort of surreal day at work too, as I work with kids and our school is closed (for the kids). But next week it'll be something like 15-20 kids, out of 650, as kids whose parents have important jobs to help society go around or kids with special needs are allowed to come, so that's gonna be weird as hell too. But incredibly fascinating.

image.thumb.png.d5665005c72deb7fde6eecdd

image.png.3c54e89ea04585bd850fd785877db9

Yep, spot on.

You forgot the claw machine with toilet paper in it lol.

I didn't think the toilet paper thing was that ubiquitous, as was shown in the media, until I went to Walmart yesterday. It was just hordes of the elderly with completely empty shelves of toilet paper, hand sanitizer, Clorox, and sugar (of all things.) 

Curious with how the next three weeks will pan out since most universities, telecom, and IT in my area are going remote. It's often observed after large, sustained events where things change drastically, that residual, permanent changes are produced. Personally, I hope this doesn't lead to certain businesses & companies by default favoring remote work (as an excuse to cut wages) b/c I find it necessary to unplug in a diff. location, imo.

4 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

You forgot the claw machine with toilet paper in it lol.

I gotchu

400,223,true,mid13812992.news

I'm pretty sure this one was done in jest, tho.

Edited by colorful人生

had to do double duty for my group project and now i'm falling behind on my other classes. we're a group of five but only the two of us have been doing most of the work. at least one of them did some work, but the other two have contributed almost nothing. i haven't even started my perspective assignment yet that's due tomorrow night so that means crunch time for me, yay.

Once a year, I end up binging "Ask a Mortician", r/medizzy, and other documentaries relating to the human body (since I was technically doing pre-med at a point in my life.) I get physically ill just doing animal dissections (to the point where I need someone else to clean and cut fish), but I do just fine w/ videos & images. It's morbid, yet fascinating. 

Main takeaways from over the years....

1. Tree pod or natural burial is the way to go. 
  2. Take care of your fucking body while you're young.

14 hours ago, plastic_rainbow said:

opening up my teammate's 3d models and the geometry looks like a mess.... 😵

how am i gonna UV this

This gave me ptsd

14 hours ago, platy said:

This gave me ptsd

i cleaned up the geometry and was able to bring the tris down to 600 from 1.5k, then i realized there were non-manifold geometry and couldn't figure out how to fix it so i just gave up.......i don't want to touch someone else's 3d model again, unless they have a good workflow.