zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

11 hours ago, Tokage said:

the thinking man's CD purchasing take: VK musicians are mostly sleazy douchebags and it is in fact the people's moral duty as god-fearing citizens to pirate their music in order to teach the bandomen a valuable lesson about sharing things other than STDS with their fanbase.

I could not not laugh. i approve   

On 2/7/2020 at 3:22 AM, platy said:

ahaha, you ALREADY know! :lol: There's a lot that could be said here, but I'll try to keep things concise:

Essentially, I agree with what the author is trying to say. This new-age, "positive vibes only" / positive psychology nonsense is simply not functional. I see this type of stuff parroted in so many different ways on social media and people are just eating it up. It's like sure, it's good to be positive, but you also have to be sober-minded. Being positive does not mean you should just ignore the negative. No, not at all. Being positive is about being able to recognize, assess, and deal with the negative and still be able to move forward and grow inspite of it. In fact, if you can't do that, then you're not really being positive at all. You're just deceiving yourself.

In order to heal, you must first correctly diagnose the ill. And if you're reaping bad fruit in your life, you have to go back and look at the seeds that were planted.

Doing this takes honesty, humility, bravery, and compassion. You have to be honest enough with yourself to even recognize and admit that you've reaped bad fruit in your life. You have to be humble enough enough to take on the responsibility of dealing with that bad fruit (instead of pridefully claiming victimhood). You have to be brave enough to take on the daunting task of searching for and plucking up all of the roots that bore this bad fruit (cuz it can be painful and hella uncomfortable). And you have to be compassionate enough with yourself to realize that this is not an overnight process, and not beat yourself up for it.

But the people who have allowed themselves to be possessed by this "positive only" stuff are doing themselves and others a huge disservice because they negate everything i just mentioned in the last paragraph. As a result, these people are usually the opposite of honest, humble, brave, and compassionate. How can they be honest with you when they can't be honest with themselves? How can they be compassionate towards you when they can't be compassionate towards themselves? If they can't deal with the discomfort of dealing with their own selves, what's gonna happen when you come along and inevitably make them uncomfortable simply by being human? --> These are the same kinds of insecure, feeble-minded, and bitch-hearted people that will cut you off just for having a difference of opinion or a different perspective than they do. The kinds of ppl that get anxiety attacks when you tell them the truth about themselves.

So yeah, that whole positive-only nonsense disarms people from being able to competently deal with negativity, or rather things that make them feel negative or uncomfortable. Which is really just disarming ppl from dealing with reality in general. It doesn't help that this bitch-made attitude is being increasingly supported here in western culture. It's like so many people are trying to make the world into one big "safe space", but there's way more of the world than there are any of us individually, so the more functional idea would be to simply get comfortable being uncomfortable.

That wasn't necessarily concise :hum:

On 2/8/2020 at 8:30 PM, CAT5 said:

ahaha, you ALREADY know! :lol: There's a lot that could be said here, but I'll try to keep things concise:

Essentially, I agree with what the author is trying to say. This new-age, "positive vibes only" / positive psychology nonsense is simply not functional. I see this type of stuff parroted in so many different ways on social media and people are just eating it up. It's like sure, it's good to be positive, but you also have to be sober-minded. Being positive does not mean you should just ignore the negative. No, not at all. Being positive is about being able to recognize, assess, and deal with the negative and still be able to move forward and grow inspite of it. In fact, if you can't do that, then you're not really being positive at all. You're just deceiving yourself.

In order to heal, you must first correctly diagnose the ill. And if you're reaping bad fruit in your life, you have to go back and look at the seeds that were planted.

Doing this takes honesty, humility, bravery, and compassion. You have to be honest enough with yourself to even recognize and admit that you've reaped bad fruit in your life. You have to be humble enough enough to take on the responsibility of dealing with that bad fruit (instead of pridefully claiming victimhood). You have to be brave enough to take on the daunting task of searching for and plucking up all of the roots that bore this bad fruit (cuz it can be painful and hella uncomfortable). And you have to be compassionate enough with yourself to realize that this is not an overnight process, and not beat yourself up for it.

But the people who have allowed themselves to be possessed by this "positive only" stuff are doing themselves and others a huge disservice because they negate everything i just mentioned in the last paragraph. As a result, these people are usually the opposite of honest, humble, brave, and compassionate. How can they be honest with you when they can't be honest with themselves? How can they be compassionate towards you when they can't be compassionate towards themselves? If they can't deal with the discomfort of dealing with their own selves, what's gonna happen when you come along and inevitably make them uncomfortable simply by being human? --> These are the same kinds of insecure, feeble-minded, and bitch-hearted people that will cut you off just for having a difference of opinion or a different perspective than they do. The kinds of ppl that get anxiety attacks when you tell them the truth about themselves.

So yeah, that whole positive-only nonsense disarms people from being able to competently deal with negativity, or rather things that make them feel negative or uncomfortable. Which is really just disarming ppl from dealing with reality in general. It doesn't help that this bitch-made attitude is being increasingly supported here in western culture. It's like so many people are trying to make the world into one big "safe space", but there's way more of the world than there are any of us individually, so the more functional idea would be to simply get comfortable being uncomfortable.

That wasn't necessarily concise :hum:

I agree wholeheartedly although I can't say I ain't the positive vibes only crowd lately, I think sometimes that also comes with like the tiredness of being the nth generation of systemic oppression and be like, ok, since this age of information makes everyone forget their wrongdoings so easily then I'll also give myself free pass to forget mine. No idea if realizing this makes me compassionate or it's just that I relate to these people on some degree, or both lol. But I guess this is what gives either way. Yes, some of the less compassionate people are also the ones talking the most about compassion.

Ughhh I went to an anime con sunday (because I enjoy cosplaying and meeting artists and their works....... that's all I still enjoy in anime conventions tbh) and I'm pissed cuz nobody bothered to take a pic of my Macross cosplay ... sad story sis 😞 why is everyone so competitive when it comes to cosplay nowadays wtf it's just grown up people in cartoon costumes

Edited by Chell

6 hours ago, Chell said:

Yes, some of the less compassionate people are also the ones talking the most about compassion.

Indeed. Actions > words. Always. You'll know them by their fruits.

-----------------------------

On a brighter note, a brief bit from a conversation I had earlier:

my future wife: ...so when you were a kid, you taught yourself how to ride a bike?

me: yeah, basically.

my future wife: so..."by-cicle-ly???"

me: ....

man-facepalming-type-6_1f926-1f3ff-200d-man-facepalming-type-6_1f926-1f3ff-200d-man-facepalming-type-6_1f926-1f3ff-200d-

...and I thought my dad-jokes were unrivaled until now. :tw_joy::tw_joy::tw_joy:

8 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

Bro I remember your post lol that’s too funny.

Man it's super NASTYYYYYYYYYYY

Reminder to everyone to back their shit up before doing a Windows update.

Newer laptop had Bitlocker (drive encryption) active w/o my knowledge, and since my startup was borked I had to factory reset. Luckily I backup 98.9% of my stuff, but whatever I was working on within the past month is gone. Having to reinstall everything has me miffed though.

This lady dropped 20 dollars in walmart, i tried to get her attention but i guess she thought i was trying to hit on her? Whatever, i just got 20 dollars. ❤️

3 hours ago, Aferni said:

This lady dropped 20 dollars in walmart, i tried to get her attention but i guess she thought i was trying to hit on her? Whatever, i just got 20 dollars. ❤️

Maybe she was trying to wish you a happy Valentine's day in her own... special way. 😆

Never thought losing a $15 vape pen would bother me so much 😂 

Whoever finds it: I hate you, but make sure to enjoy the find, I guess.

I SWEAR TO ESDMDMKM I actually tweeted something like "I feel so sorry for the japanese clerk at Mandarake who's gonna pack fifty < 100 JPY lightweight items and be like 'why is this weird foreign girl buying so many obscure blcds... and 90% of them starring Tattsun ... oh no'" because I was embarassed enough at myself already

But then the store formally answered "we won't! Buy to your heart's content!" to which I am ... probably half grateful and 99% embarassed 

(No but really, I did cut down on my purchase a lot since I tweeted that... esp because I found some albums I wanted for a while now... and I wanted a doll too so ... *sigh* I was so happy no clerk would think of me weirdly anymore)

Feb 26th was my birthday and I just couldn't be happy about it. It's really bad when you get older and literally have nothing because you can't find a job and things starts to get difficulty at home...

Damn.

On 2/18/2020 at 1:59 PM, Disposable said:

Sun is shining so I could probably go somewhere and do something

or 

I do wonder what Otake is up to these days (I’m assuming he was called Otake in this band like he was in Avanchick)

Ya know, as a kid, my parents kept us away from the church and religion in general. It wasn't forbidden or anything...it was just something they practice and didn't push onto my siblings and I. My parents were kinda bohemian in the sense that they wanted us to make up our own minds. So, I honestly never thought much of it growing up, but I didn't realize how much of a blessing that was until these past few years. I'm really thankful to have not been indoctrinated into all of that...

But it's interesting because as a kid, I grew up hearing and listening to Outkast and Goodie Mob...and although I listened to other hip hop, there was always something special about these 2 groups to me. Not just because I'm from the same city as them and can relate/connect to them on a lot of levels...but their music always managed to "ground" me, even into my adult years as my taste expanded exponentially. Their music just always had a certain gravity to it....and outside of Andre3000 and Cee-Lo, the rest of Outkast and Goodie Mob weren't incredibly lyrical...but they were raw, and their words still had depth and weight to them.

...so I recently became aware that one of my favorite members of Goodie Mob subscribes to the same spiritual path that has been revealed to me, and things make a lot more sense now. There are definitely no coincidences... but tot only do I understand more of what his lyrics meant from back in the day, but I also understand why I was so drawn to their music now. The spirit of truth...The spirit of wisdom...these have always been beckoning.

Goodie Mob's first album being called "soul food", also makes a lot more sense now too. These guys' music was basically my "church" growing up.

Shit. I just wanna find some pleasure on living again.

My dad just had his engagement party. He lives the house next to me. He didn't invite me.

He was out of my life for 26 years. Since I moved next to him (what mother and me didn't know about), I thought he'd be closer. Which he did.

But in the beginning of the year, he decided to engage his girlfriend and since then, seems like I'm not even his son anymore.

He's always telling about how good his fiancee's daughter is awesome and how she can do great things like speak english at early age and how smart she is...

Damn. I just feel really bad about being hopeful that he would change. He probably won't even miss me if I die.