zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

what they say in their ad: gaming company

what they actually mean: gambling

every single time

I didn't want to revive that sexuality matters within vk topic but y'know, sometimes I'm laying in bed and I think about how Daigo's sister a full fledged BL mangaka actually wrote a whole BL with a MC who, according to her, was heavily based on her brother. Ok, sure, Naitou siblings are not a force to be reckoned with but still my brain always goes there and I am like hm. Interesting... facts... maybe.

Edited by Chell

2 minutes ago, Chell said:

I didn't want to revive that sexuality matters within vk topic but y'know, sometimes I'm laying in bed and I think about how Daigo's sister a full fledged BL mangaka actually wrote a whole BL with a MC who, according to her, was heavily based on her brother. Ok, sure, Naitou siblings are not a force to be reckoned with but still my brain always goes there and I am like hm. Interesting... facts... maybe.

You mean Love Stage, righ? I know this girl who's a mahoosive fan of that. She showed me a pic of Daigo reading it (alas, I cannot find it) and his face is priceless, lol.

There are people with health bills, children and other dependants who still love visual kei but unfortunately have to skip lunch/transport to save that money for bills and other necessities. If you are able to devote those coins for your favorite bands then you are extremely lucky tbh. I totally agree that we should support bands we love and that if you can sacrifice that weekly McDonald's trip to support artists its a win win situation, but it's not that simple for everyone. 

24 minutes ago, Chell said:

Daigo from Breakerz? 

Just now, saiko said:

Daigo from Breakerz? 

Yeah, that one.   

Just now, Gesu said:

You mean Love Stage, righ? I know this girl who's a mahoosive fan of that. She showed me a pic of Daigo reading it (alas, I cannot find it) and his face is priceless, lol.

Lol, I think I've seen that one before. Oh boy, his sister is actually to blame for my not only being accepting of the fujoshi life but also starting to like BL manga way back then, so I liked her a lot way before Love Stage. It's really a "wow... what a wonderful world" moment for me whenever I think of it.

On 2/2/2020 at 11:24 AM, platy said:

There are people with health bills, children and other dependants who still love visual kei but unfortunately have to skip lunch/transport to save that money for bills and other necessities. If you are able to devote those coins for your favorite bands then you are extremely lucky tbh. I totally agree that we should support bands we love and that if you can sacrifice that weekly McDonald's trip to support artists its a win win situation, but it's not that simple for everyone. 

I've had to cut down on a lot of my hobbies/likes because of things I need to pay for in order to survive. I'm more fortunate than most fans still, but I think buying at least a CD is doable for most fans. I think I only pissed off one of my 'friends' when she asked me to send her an album, but she had a better paying job than me and wasn't paying any bills and my response was just to 'buy it on itunes' lol Other than that, if I know my friend (close friends at least) isn't in a situation to purchase right away I'll give them the slip and send them something. 

But I don't do this with everyone. I guess I just figure there's other places they can grab it.

Honestly, the problem is that people literally go around talking about check ur privilege!11 but they seldom do actually check *their* privileges. Buying a vk album involves at the very least owning an international credit card (currently I don't own a credit card, much less an intl one lol), only if you're extremely lucky (enjoy popular bands, live in commercial center, etc) you can buy it from a local store. Back then when I was unemployed I'd do those Google Rewards thing to purchase like one album for myself every birthday, and yes surely I did that but I sureee wouldn't blame anyone who doesn't. Also, idk but maybe nowadays that also requires a credit card number? lol. Maybe I wouldn't

Edited by Chell

56 minutes ago, Chell said:

Buying a vk album involves at the very least owning an international credit card

Cdjapan and amazon japan definitely work with any credit card and paypal

4 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

Cdjapan and amazon japan definitely work with any credit card and paypal

I'm not sure about that, I'd bet it depends on your currency. But really, all I'm saying is people are all pretend inclusive but at the end of the day are shitting "ways of being a stan" on others. Dude, I literally don't care, I don't think bands are going to benefit from me starving to see them esp not if I end up homeless because of that (isn't it better if I, erm, promote them? the shock!) and I'd rather not be a fan of anything at all if that means I'll have to abide by rules of how to spend my money in it lol

Edited by Chell

It’s 2020 and people still arguing over buying a CD?!? We have iTunes and we have streaming services these days. Even the most indie western band would have their songs upped. What’s that? Your obscure Japanese bands are not? Well, blame them for being elitist in turn for irrelevancy. Ironic.  

Like honestly, support when/if you can. It is not mandatory. Especially if your faves are attached to label. Unless self produced, those munnies would mostly ended up to the labels and producers bank accounts. However, it will ensure your band to not be dropped for having low sales.

But if you wanna support your bandomen and ensure that they would afford their next bowl of Yarou Ramen, or their Gucci/Chrome Hearts earrings, then you better be buying official bands merchs and/or attending their shows if/when they make stops to your area or nearby. much like drag queens, those bookings fee is how these bandomen paying their bills..., and some gari gari kun for that matter.

When people say that they need rational and empirical evidence that God exists, I just imagine one of two scenarios happening:

#1. The world's top scientists publishing a study called "Proof of God"  with said evidence.

or

#2. God appearing in a humanoid form and showing the world that he has control over everything by performing various miracles.

In both cases, this would completely miss the point of "believing" in God. I guarantee that most of us would see all of that proof and "empirical evidence", and the world would not change a bit. We'd see it and say "oh, that's cool.", then go back to treating each other like shit.

On 2/4/2020 at 2:42 PM, LIDL said:

It’s 2020 and people still arguing over buying a CD?!? We have iTunes and we have streaming services these days. Even the most indie western band would have their songs upped. What’s that? Your obscure Japanese bands are not? Well, blame them for being elitist in turn for irrelevancy. Ironic.  

Like honestly, support when/if you can. It is not mandatory. Especially if your faves are attached to label. Unless self produced, those munnies would mostly ended up to the labels and producers bank accounts. However, it will ensure your band to not be dropped for having low sales.

But if you wanna support your bandomen and ensure that they would afford their next bowl of Yarou Ramen, or their Gucci/Chrome Hearts earrings, then you better be buying official bands merchs and/or attending their shows if/when they make stops to your area or nearby. much like drag queens, those bookings fee is how these bandomen paying their bills..., and some gari gari kun for that matter.

Yeah, people were discussing this on a topic the other day. How these indie japanese bands seem to enjoy being indie and out of reach to people outside of their culture and I really get the appeal, I mean, coming from a genre that had a... frantic temporary boom, that has angura, culture-specific fanservice, crossdressing, X, Malice Mizer and Yohio ... I would like to stay the fuck away from other countries' business as well probably because it's just a headache lol anyway

The sad thing about this is that perfectly talented bands that would like to venture overseas really need to take a step outside the box to do that

I become such an edgelord when I see someone buying clothing just because of the brand and not because it looks cool, its one of these things that seems worth going to jail for just for the satisfaction of physically assaulting someone that retarded. The are folks who buy because of the brading AND because they think it looks good are not bad themselves, but still, branding doesn't mean shit when most of the famous brands are manufactured in the most low cost way possible in some third world country. 

Althouth I am aware that to buy something because of a brand is not really done beacuse of quality these days and more because of the social status it conveys.

weird kinda small rant

So, for those up to date w/ kpop matters, Big Hit (BTS' label for simplicity sake) within the past several months acquired Source Music (Gfriend's Label) and has included Pledis Groups (NU'EST & Seventeen) under their Weverse idol-SNS-platform. So a few major groups I follow (making that distinction for pretext) are now kinda under an umbrella, cool. Dear mother of god, stans go scorched earth in comment sections and everyone introduces themselves w/ weird formalities like they represent some Star Trek faction when referring to their "fandom". Any apology also takes the form of the latter, which turns comment chains into a transcription of wartime letter exchanges.

I realize this isn't anything particularly new, but now that I'm actually observing this activity rather than getting the gist second-hand is really freaky to witness. Visual kei tanuki at least is pretty fucking funny when it comes to the weird topics, this just wants to make me roll my eyes to the back of my head. I get the importance of fandom engagement when it comes to numbers, future content, etc. and the kpop model is a unique one, but can't we all just get along and just like shit.

-

kind of relates to the vk cd convo

I used to be addicted to chasing down live-limited stuff (my ジグザグ collection is a huge example of this, which alone approx cost me $800+ USD total) where I basically leveraged it over food which definitely worsened my depressed squalor during that period of time. Now that I'm healthy enough to not be using vk CDs to chase endorphins, I've reached this weird nirvana where I don't really care anymore and lost that "completionist" mindset.

Now that I've let that go, I can collect whatever I want like cassettes and other cool memorabilia shit, and I'm happier now than before.

Edited by colorful人生

the thinking man's CD purchasing take: VK musicians are mostly sleazy douchebags and it is in fact the people's moral duty as god-fearing citizens to pirate their music in order to teach the bandomen a valuable lesson about sharing things other than STDS with their fanbase.

ˆ I think we've been through that already 

Each to their own, you either buy it or don't. As a forum I don't think we have to collectively white knight for some high school dropout's rockstar dreams in 2020 when the amazon is burning and shit. If h00mans can't find a more sustainable way to produce and distribute music other than by manufacturing rows upon rows of plastic junk to sell for idiotic prices to fund all the parasitic middle men of that entire process who have nothing to do with the music anyway, then I don't mind if we just nuke the entire culture and go back to playing drums in circles.

2 hours ago, Disposable said:

ˆ I think we've been through that already 

Each to their own, you either buy it or don't. As a forum I don't think we have to collectively white knight for some high school dropout's rockstar dreams in 2020 when the amazon is burning and shit. If h00mans can't find a more sustainable way to produce and distribute music other than by manufacturing rows upon rows of plastic junk to sell for idiotic prices to fund all the parasitic middle men of that entire process who have nothing to do with the music anyway, then I don't mind if we just nuke the entire culture and go back to playing drums in circles.

unrelated to your post but it looks like the edgy Akane tweet in your sig has disappeared and i feel like that was a moment that needs to be preserved until the end of time 

3 minutes ago, sleepy coffee said:

unrelated to your post but it looks like the edgy Akane tweet in your sig has disappeared and i feel like that was a moment that needs to be preserved until the end of time 

Idk what it ends up constantly disappearing for, and I totally forgot where I rediscovered it. I guess I'll have to go through old fb convos and see if I've sent it to someone to have it again lol