zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

6 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

I tweeted something about teenagers being horny towards adults all the time made me really uncomfortable and VK twitter turned it into me being an anti-lgbt incel or something. 

Also, wtf is "ok boomer" supposed to mean?

I'm really sick about everyone demanding respect for minorities but the minute I say I'm asexual and excess of sex in conversations makes me uncomfortable I'm ostracized and/or bullied.

My mental health took a bad turn and I caught myself about to google what was the right way to cut yourself. I'm exhausted. Of society.

I caught that entire shitstorm on both sides of the argument unfortunately, and I think your reasoning got lost from like the 2nd response and it snowballed from there without context =.= sorry you got caught up in that 😕 

For what it's worth, I mostly agree with you and assholes on twitter are really not worth hurting yourself over. Please be safe .___. 

54 minutes ago, spockitty said:

I caught that entire shitstorm on both sides of the argument unfortunately, and I think your reasoning got lost from like the 2nd response and it snowballed from there without context =.= sorry you got caught up in that 😕 

For what it's worth, I mostly agree with you and assholes on twitter are really not worth hurting yourself over. Please be safe .___. 

Also saw everything and literally all those people I saw on that side of vk twt are people i never wanna interact with anyways. Literally missing brains.

11 hours ago, CAT5 said:

#1: People trying to cancel T.I. for essentially being a father. Firstly, it's really no one's business how this man chooses to govern his household. Secondly, there are over 60,000 missing African American girls and women in the U.S., sex-trafficking is at an all-time high, new strands of HIV and STDs are still being discovered, the rate of single-motherhood among African American homes is THROUGH THE ROOF, but T.I. is getting shit for being "overprotective"???? Fuck outta here. We NEED more overprotective parents.

I gotta disagree with you here. Maybe this is one for the unpopular opinion thread but I think you have every right to tell someone how to raise their children. The argument I often hear against this is "raising children is hard" but the way I see it, if it's hard, you should be taking every piece of advice in your stride and even if you're not following it, you should at least give it a chance. His daughter is eighteen years old, he is no longer legally responsible for her and her virginity is none of his business. I'm not saying he can't be there for her when she needs him, nor am I saying that sex trafficking/STDs/single-motherhood isn't a problem, but just because someone is having sex that doesn't mean they're in danger and it sounds to me like he's demonising sex when he could just be having a civil conversation about it with her. This whole "daddy's little princess" mentality is so backwards and all it does is regress young women instead of encouraging security, freedom and healthy father-daughter relationships. It may seem all very well and good now but how's she gonna fare when she has to be completely independent? Is she gonna have any idea what to do when she's faced with an adult issue or is she just gonna turn to her father to bail her out of every situation?

To clarify, I don't mean to sound hostile nor do I mean to attack you personally. In fact, I agree with your last few paragraphs... but if the generation before us can't take a bit of criticism when it comes to the way they parent, why should we take any criticism from them? This is why children don't listen to their parents, because many parents unfortunately feel like they can do whatever and get away with it because "how dare you question my parenting style". There's no such thing as a parenting style. Either you parent or you don't but how you interact with them on a personal level is dependent on you and I can't separate the way someone raises their kids from the way they are as a person.

is anyone else actually happy that silent hill s got cancelled because the cancellation took down the trademark Hideo Writing with it?..

I'm watching d*ath str*nding videos here and there and the persistent tila tequila tripping on DMT vibe of the dialogues pouring out from every cut-scene is making my braincells fight for oxygen extra hard tbh

2 hours ago, nekkichi said:

is anyone else actually happy that silent hill s got cancelled because the cancellation took down the trademark Hideo Writing with it?..

I'm watching d*ath str*nding videos here and there and the persistent tila tequila tripping on DMT vibe of the dialogues pouring out from every cut-scene is making my braincells fight for oxygen extra hard tbh

Honestly thought the exact same fucking thing. Maybe it would've been salvaged if they woulda gotten Junji Ito on board as a writer but i feel like Kojima's ego is too huge for that to happen

flop of the year 2bh

8 hours ago, Gesu said:

Maybe this is one for the unpopular opinion thread but I think you have every right to tell someone how to raise their children.

I agree with you here to an extent. I do think there are functional and dysfunctional ways to raise children and i'm all for informing others on what's healthy and functional, but here's why I think it's no one's business: we simply do not know enough details to judge the matter. Everyone is in an uproar over a soundbite, essentially. We don't know the relationship that T.I. has with his daughter. We don't know anything about their family, their dynamics, or their history. We don't know his daughter's perspective and we barely know anything about T.I.'s perspective. outside of a 15 sec. audio clip. So everyone is making assumptions based on very limited information. Not a wise thing to do in my opinion.

I do think that T.I. may have made a mistake by making this public knowledge. But who knows? Maybe it's not a mistake? Maybe the discussions that have spawned out of this are conversations that need to be had?

8 hours ago, Gesu said:

His daughter is eighteen years old, he is no longer legally responsible for her and her virginity is none of his business. I'm not saying he can't be there for her when she needs him, nor am I saying that sex trafficking/STDs/single-motherhood isn't a problem, but just because someone is having sex that doesn't mean they're in danger and it sounds to me like he's demonising sex when he could just be having a civil conversation about it with her. This whole "daddy's little princess" mentality is so backwards and all it does is regress young women instead of encouraging security, freedom and healthy father-daughter relationships. It may seem all very well and good now but how's she gonna fare when she has to be completely independent? Is she gonna have any idea what to do when she's faced with an adult issue or is she just gonna turn to her father to bail her out of every situation?

This really depends on how you view family, fatherhood, and sex. I can't speak for T.I., but I can tell you that from a Hebraic/Biblical perspective, a daughter is supposed to remain under the protection/covering of her father until she is married, and then she becomes her husband's responsibility. And this has nothing to do with trying to control women, or women being "weak" or "helpless" - certainly not -  it's about protecting that which is valuable. Sex outside of marriage is also viewed as dysfunctional, because it doesn't serve any sustainable purpose and the harm it causes is not worth the pleasure of a 15-second orgasm.

Personally, I subscribe to the Hebraic worldview simply because it's functional and it emphasizes unity, harmony, and peace. I've experienced and observed in horror how ideas like feminism/the "independent woman" and unbridled sex have absolutely decimated black families and given rise to nothing but division,chaos, confusion, and pain. Those aren't the only culprits, but they are major contributors. Before blacks started adopting these ideologies, our families were generally intact. Not only does history clearly illustrate this, but almost every black woman I know that was alive before these ideologies started taking root tells me the same thing: "we didn't need no damn feminism". Why? Because the black man and woman worked together, and black men were not lording over their women. Black women did not feel oppressed by their men. The oppression and racism black ppl faced was much more overt back in those days, so we worked together and relied on one another. Because we're all we had. And we realized the strength that came from family and unity. Feminism was largely a movement headed by white women that eventually recruited black women, much to our demise.

(note: when I say "independent woman" - i'm referring to the notion that black women (or women in general) don't need a man, because that's destructive. there's absolutely nothing wrong with women being autonomous and being able to fend for themselves tho. in fact, women should be able to. but as i stated earlier, the notion that men and women don't need each other is antithetical to life itself).

But I digress. I'm not sure how T.I. views things, but If I were as famous and rich as he is, I'd probably be overprotective too.

8 hours ago, Gesu said:

To clarify, I don't mean to sound hostile nor do I mean to attack you personally. In fact, I agree with your last few paragraphs... but if the generation before us can't take a bit of criticism when it comes to the way they parent, why should we take any criticism from them? This is why children don't listen to their parents, because many parents unfortunately feel like they can do whatever and get away with it because "how dare you question my parenting style". There's no such thing as a parenting style. Either you parent or you don't but how you interact with them on a personal level is dependent on you and I can't separate the way someone raises their kids from the way they are as a person.

You're not being hostile and and I don't feel attacked at all! I'm just glad that you're willing to discuss and share your opinion. :hum:Discussions like this can get pretty intense and heavy, so I have nothing but respect for you for engaging with me in a mature manner and speaking your mind! That's a very brave thing to do, especially on the internet where you have cowards that would sooner attack ppl for having different opinions or go talk shit in private amongst a bunch of yes-men like hoe-ass simps instead of just addressing people directly. Believe it or not, you've got more balls than a lot of grown-ass men :tw_joy::tw_yum:. But yeah, Gesu, I got nothing but love for ya!

And I feel where you're coming from. I do think we have to have a critical eye towards our past generations, as to learn from their mistakes and not continue to reproduce their dysfunction. But I also think it's wise to take into consideration advice and admonishment from older generations too.

Personally, I remember being a kid and pretty much hating my dad. I disagreed with a lot of his ways well into my adulthood. But now as i've gotten older myself, and as i've been seeking to take on a lot of the same responsibilities he did, I'm starting to understand why he did things the way he did. And i'm thankful that I had him as a father. Some things I don't think we can understand until we actually have children ourselves.

That said, I do think that there needs to be open and honest dialogue between children and parents, youth and elders. And I think both parties should keep an open ear, and an open heart towards one another. Because gray hair doesn't guarantee wisdom, and youth doesn't guarantee the lack thereof.

Lol I'm going to have a 1-month vacation after 2.5 years working and studying full time and I am so happy I am finally going to have time for my own projects that I can't sleep and my mental health is unstable to an extent I ain't sure my brain is going to survive these 11 days and I'm managing to ruin everything I've built these years. Fuck it. 

Edited by Chell

18 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Everytime Cat5 writes a lenghty paragraph on the forum I fall deeper in love with his morals.

o stahp it you! :blush: nah, but forreal tho, that's a very heartwarming thing for you to say! 

for that, I give all praise, honor, and glory to The Most High, Yahuah Elohim (aka "GOD"). Anything good that I speak is of him and his word. I take no credit. :)

as for me, i'm just a royal fuck-up that's trying to do better :tw_joy:

---------------

I think I may try to invest more time in drawing/sketching. I used to love to do it as a kid/teen, but fell away from it through years depression. Lately tho, my lady has been inspiring me to do it more often, and I've been surprised at the results! I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it as well.

PSA to cough and sneeze with your mouth covered, especially in the colder months of the year 🤧 it's basic manners. 

The beast next to me at work came back from a holiday with the worst cough and has made 0 effort to not spread it to all of us. No amount of vit C and propolis can save me from reckless dumbasses. 

Pokemon Sword seems alright so far, but am I the only one who's extremely annoyed at their rivals now? I'd rather have someone like Blue (Gary) again.

7 hours ago, heresytrash said:

Pokemon Sword seems alright so far, but am I the only one who's extremely annoyed at their rivals now? I'd rather have someone like Blue (Gary) again.

The rival is very annoying in this game, and he seems to just appear every single second. It’s a good game tho so far! 

11 hours ago, TheZigzagoon said:

The rival is very annoying in this game, and he seems to just appear every single second. It’s a good game tho so far! 

I honestly would smack him if I could, and doesn't seem like someone I'd be friends with irl smh. 

But I do like the game, I even like the newer pokemon. The only qualm I have is I got an Eevee for playing the game beforehand, but it won't let me evolve it :C I want a Vaporeon. 

I think it's That Time Of The Year again when I suddenly feel nostalgic about 2000s internet and do lame stuff all day. 

I actually spent most of my month mumbling over how I should revamp my blog/personal website which led to me questioning what kind of persona do I want to present, which led to big Identity Crisis Time as I really want a professional blog but also really want to be able to post silly entertainment stuff and I cannot expect to be taken seriously as a professional if I do both in the same space, which led to, let's just keep my years old weeaboo blog in secret and create a new professional one - which, in turn, led to "am I even a weeaboo anymore? But I ain't that professional either so what even am I? Why is being an adult so boring and void of imagery and media related identity? I want out!!". The time I spent looking at fanlisting collectives this weekend while wondering if I (still) would like to make something like that is ... Ungodly ; ; ;  

I guess it's just gotten to that point in life where it's hard to really cohesively merge everything together and one has to accept the uncohesiveness of living raw.

It's a particularly stupid feeling because 2000s internet never really brought me anything great communitywise except for, uh, media, but I guess I crave the sense of familiarity and kinship people seemingly had. So basically I am feeling nostalgic for something I never really lived thankfully so. 

Edited by Chell

I've gotta say out of all things that un-ironically make me genuinely happy is, Sonic The Hedgehog. Even being a huge fan Im not exactly sure what draws me in, maybe it's the lush world, the dynamics between characters or just the general light hearted feel overall. Im such a huge baby but whatever, the games themselves whilst, not always are the best, can have fun in them of course. Whilst that amount of fun can vary for different folks, theres even a shred of enjoyment to be had. The Characters dynamics with each other is also something very endearing. The way Sonic's cocky, heroic attitude meshes with Tails's kind, good boy demeanor makes me smile like a doof. I love their friendship and the character arc for Tails that he can't always depend on Sonic because there are times when Sonic can't be there and that's something I really appreciate  cause not all best buddy/sidekick dynamics are given that arc. I love that Shadow, given how much his past sucked, was able to let go and move on for the sake of his future. Even though his amnesia wasn't handled in the best way..because people could've honestly told him about his past but looking back on it now, it kinda makes sense that no one told him given how things went aboard the ARK it seems like that subject is a bit...heavy to explain to him that everyone he cared about were wiped out because of his development and existence along with the fact that amnesia is not cured just by simply listening to what someone tells you. The Soundtracks for the Sonic games are something I give credit for my love of multiple genres of music. The most Notable ones being, 

-Planetary Pieces (Sonic Unleashed OST)

-Digi Log Conversation (Sonic Adventure OST)

-Shooting Star Story (Sonic Riders ZG OST)

-Complete Trinity (Sonic Heroes OST)

-Multi-Dimensional (Sonic Adventure 2 OST)

-Lost and Found (Shadow The Hedgehog OST)

-Speedbeats Grand Prix (Sonic Riders OST)

-VIVID SOUND X HYBRID COLORS (Sonic Colors OST)

-Original Groove Rush(Sonic Rush OST)

I recommend some if not all of these soundtracks, i feel like theres something for everyone in them from Industrial Metal to Smooth Jazz, to some cheesy Vocal tracks that have that corny charm to them that'll have you singing along after the first listen or two. For me, everything about this series, flaws and all genuinely bring a type of weightlessness to my chest that I'd only be able to attain through narcotic sedation. I definitely cannot wait for the new Movie, they have my boi looking absolutely adorable. ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

latest?cb=20170727110332

Edited by Aferni

1 hour ago, Aferni said:

I've gotta say out of all things that un-ironically make me genuinely happy is, Sonic The Hedgehog. Even being a huge fan Im not exactly sure what draws me in, maybe it's the lush world, the dynamics between characters or just the general light hearted feel overall. Im such a huge baby but whatever, the games themselves whilst, not always are the best, can have fun in them of course. Whilst that amount of fun can vary for different folks, theres even a shred of enjoyment to be had. The Characters dynamics with each other is also something very endearing. The way Sonic's cocky, heroic attitude meshes with Tails's kind, good boy demeanor makes me smile like a doof. I love their friendship and the character arc for Tails that he can't always depend on Sonic because there are times when Sonic can't be there and that's something I really appreciate  cause not all best buddy/sidekick dynamics are given that arc. I love that Shadow, given how much his past sucked, was able to let go and move on for the sake of his future. Even though his amnesia wasn't handled in the best way..because people could've honestly told him about his past but looking back on it now, it kinda makes sense that no one told him given how things went aboard the ARK it seems like that subject is a bit...heavy to explain to him that everyone he cared about were wiped out because of his development and existence along with the fact that amnesia is not cured just by simply listening to what someone tells you. The Soundtracks for the Sonic games are something I give credit for my love of multiple genres of music. The most Notable ones being, 

-Planetary Pieces (Sonic Unleashed OST)

-Digi Log Conversation (Sonic Adventure OST)

-Shooting Star Story (Sonic Riders ZG OST)

-Complete Trinity (Sonic Heroes OST)

-Multi-Dimensional (Sonic Adventure 2 OST)

-Lost and Found (Shadow The Hedgehog OST)

-Speedbeats Grand Prix (Sonic Riders OST)

-VIVID SOUND X HYBRID COLORS (Sonic Colors OST)

-Original Groove Rush(Sonic Rush OST)

I recommend some if not all of these soundtracks, i feel like theres something for everyone in them from Industrial Metal to Smooth Jazz, to some cheesy Vocal tracks that have that corny charm to them that'll have you singing along after the first listen or two. For me, everything about this series, flaws and all genuinely bring a type of weightlessness to my chest that I'd only be able to attain through narcotic sedation. I definitely cannot wait for the new Movie, they have my boi looking absolutely adorable. ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

latest?cb=20170727110332

Love people testimoning about their love over little things like cartoons characters. It's always a heart-warming thing to read. Thanks 💖

I appreciate the above, as I was once the "Sonic Kid" (with Zelda and Kirby in the mix.) I tend to have more nostalgia for the older Genesis titles, the Sonic Advance series, and SA + SA2(B) (where I spent more than half the game in the Chao Garden >_>.) I also really enjoyed the niche titles like Tail's Adventure (Game Gear), Sonic R, and Sonic the Fighters. Sonic Advance and Sonic the Hedgehog 3 have killer soundtracks, the former of which got me really into VGM. I remember rushing into Ink Newsstand to grab the latest Sonic comics and EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly.)... Also, watching Sonic X and Kirby Right Back at Ya' on Saturday mornings.

---

Well, my back is nearly healed up. I've been on cyclo, benzos, and a fuck-ton of ibuprofen (1200mg/day) for about a week, but my sciatica is clearing up. Also a good day b/c I won my city-pop/kayokyoku white whale today, Yuki Saito - LOVE on cassette SEALED. There's like a million copies of the CD around, but the cassette ver. seems to be ultra-rare.

I feel u sm brah, I actually decided to cosplay as Amy Rose this year even though I haven't really played a Sonic game in ages for precisely this reason. Iirc my first online nickname was actually Amy Rose lol it's something that never fails to bring me a sense of familiarity and joy as well. ^_^ I'm not good with words but do I get what you mean. 

visual kei musicians really be peein out there in the comfort of their own home smh

Wake up, do stuff, get angry at stuff, read documentation/book, get back to doing said stuff, desperately searching stackoverflow/mdn/microsoft docs, take break, start from scratch with like two extra lines of code and shit works, create myself another problem, rinse & repeat. Hey, at least I'm learnding 🙃.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by colorful人生