zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

8 hours ago, violetchain said:

Sometimes it feels like the world is conspiring to make me watch Kamen Rider

watch it motherfucker

Spoiler

and by 'it' i mean the 70s and 80s ones :^)

5 hours ago, Tokage said:

watch it motherfucker

Hide contents

and by 'it' i mean the 70s and 80s ones :^)

I'm honestly tempted. I got very, very close to giving in after watching a trailer for Amazons.

19 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

I was gonna watch it tonight.

What's the feedback about? Him being honest? lol

Yeah basically. A lot of ppl are enraged about the jokes he's been making, and he's definitely pretty out there, but personally, I think he's both hilarious and clever in how he illuminates the ridiculousness of a lot of sensitive issues.

I'm normally a tough bitch who doesn't give a fuck but today my hormones made me cry for hours and shut most of my social media because some gazeliebers I don't even know decided to gang up on me like high school bullies.

I hate being a woman. We're over 25, I'm too old for this shit.

1 hour ago, Komorebi said:

I'm normally a tough bitch who doesn't give a fuck but today my hormones made me cry for hours and shut most of my social media because some gazeliebers I don't even know decided to gang up on me like high school bullies.

I hate being a woman. We're over 25, I'm too old for this shit.

Damn, do they ever stop? Are you okay? 

Race is a stupid-ass concept and ultimately a divisive game with no winners like politics and religion ....BUT, with that said. I fuck with this 100%. :tw_joy::tw_joy::tw_joy:

My college let me on to the second year of my A-levels despite my pitifully low grades but told me that if I don't improve by October, they'll kick me out. By "improve", I mean write about twice as much in my class essays which for some reason is practically impossible for me. I don't know what it is but no matter how hard I try, I always fail in that regard. I think it's because I'm just not into writing essays unless it's something I'm extremely passionate about and if my heart's not in it, I'm not going to perform well (not to mention they always tell me to write slowly because of my poor handwriting). What is it about that that the education system don't understand? If someone doesn't like it, they ain't gonna do well and we should stop "pushing" them to do well in their subjects (most of which are pointless) and start "encouraging" them to do the things they like and give them a broader subject range from an earlier age. A very cynical part of me hopes they'll kick me out because I just don't want to do it anymore, especially media because that involves doing creative projects by a deadline and sharing them with people which just makes me anxious as fuck.

I'm going to try because I wouldn't feel right if I didn't but I almost want to fail. Getting up before 8am doesn't help either because I have insomnia during the night and it just makes me feel like a ragdoll until I can get home and nap for a few hours. I think the only reason I don't just drop out, get a job that suits me and return to my education when I feel a bit more motivated is because I know my family will be disappointed in me if I do that. I know my brother dropped out but his reason was that his course wasn't actually teaching him anything he didn't already know, not "I don't fucking like it". I also know it's technically my choice and I'm normally quite confident when it comes to doing the things I want if I have the option but I just feel kinda restricted right now.

My only real motivation to carry on is knowing that the only reason I got held back a year in high school and have had to drag myself through this slog for a year more than I'd like is that my mother took me out of education for a year when I was fifteen so I guess it's largely not my fault (I'd also wager that my terrible sleeping patterns back then are what brought on my insomnia to this day). My grandma even told me today that if she were me, she'd "fuckin' do it just to spite the bitch" (in those exact words, love you grandma x) but is that really right? Like dgmw that was a kick-ass thing to say but would it really be right for me to do something I don't want to do just to spite someone who'll never know about it anyways? I really would like to prove my mother wrong because she thought I was the biggest idiot on the planet but I'm never going to see her again - hell, she doesn't know I'm even at college - so what's even the point? Godfuckit.

Not knowing anything about the educational system in the UK but from your post it doesn't sound any different from Germany's regarding not caring about individual people but just wanting to get everyone out the same. As if people were like that ... Individualism doesn't count at all. Sad but true. In my opinion that's part of the increasing numbers of people suffering from depression, burn-out and a lot more. Everyone shall be as the rest, the bigger part not even be too educated to think for themselves but just follow crap some others came up with. Don't question anything just function. And be able to replace somehow who got sorted out.

• Just got back from Tennessee. Saw Dolly Parton irl and passed the Bush's Baked Beans factory... Such a sweet lady, but looks kinda ghoulish w/ all the plastic surgery. 
  • New hotels are great in looks only. Fucking overpriced food shite and somehow your postmodern bathrooms are still janky as shit.

---

also, totally getting this.... HYPE

Edited by colorful人生

I like how it doesnt matter what I'm into at the time, my hobbies are always draining my wallet. Few years ago it wouldve been my weeb shit and countless $100-200 figures, or dropping a fuckton in microtransactions and cosmetics in video games and now that I dont give a fuck about anime or games anymore all my money go to these fucking vk bands lol

So the job I was interviewed for rejected me. They said I had all the skills they were looking for but I didn’t have the personality they wanted?? 

It could just be me, but that seems like a crappy reason. You don’t get to know someone or their personality in half an hour 

1 minute ago, TheZigzagoon said:

So the job I was interviewed for rejected me. They said I had all the skills they were looking for but I didn’t have the personality they wanted?? 

It could just be me, but that seems like a crappy reason. You don’t get to know someone or their personality in half an hour 

What job was it? I think if it's a retail job, they often say they want someone "outgoing and extroverted" because they're usually seen as better at talking to customers. I'm not sure if you're outgoing/extroverted but if not, you might have better luck looking for something that doesn't require you to talk too much; not because I think introverts are objectively incompetent at that kind of thing but because the employer would be less likely to care about it. Otherwise, I'm not too sure why they'd reject you because that seems to be the only personality trait a lot of places really care about 😕

Anyways, I agree with you wholeheartedly. The problem with education/employment is that they only really care how good you are at a specific time with no regard to your intelligence/personality in any other aspect because nerves totally aren't a thing, no siree. *hugs*

The reactions in Jack Caper's ketsubat video are pretty adorable.

They did way more turns than I was expecting them to. 🤣

Edited by violetchain

The office I work in is noisy af. 

People who talk non stop coz they're afraid of silence. Anyway, I put up with it. 

Then this guy right next to me has been whistling and humming all week (non stop) and that's just too fucking far. Those actions are objectively annoying. I finally ask him to stop and he just tells me to put head phones on and turn the music louder. 

I've been in a murderous mood all day 🙂 why can't people be more mindful of their fucking surroundings. 

2 hours ago, platy said:

The office I work in is noisy af. 

People who talk non stop coz they're afraid of silence. Anyway, I put up with it. 

Then this guy right next to me has been whistling and humming all week (non stop) and that's just too fucking far. Those actions are objectively annoying. I finally ask him to stop and he just tells me to put head phones on and turn the music louder. 

I've been in a murderous mood all day 🙂 why can't people be more mindful of their fucking surroundings. 

What if, he's drowning out the noise with his whistle/hum because he hates the noisiness too?

Nah but seriously, you work in an open-space office? I hate those.

6 hours ago, Gesu said:

What job was it? I think if it's a retail job, they often say they want someone "outgoing and extroverted" because they're usually seen as better at talking to customers. I'm not sure if you're outgoing/extroverted but if not, you might have better luck looking for something that doesn't require you to talk too much; not because I think introverts are objectively incompetent at that kind of thing but because the employer would be less likely to care about it. Otherwise, I'm not too sure why they'd reject you because that seems to be the only personality trait a lot of places really care about 😕

Anyways, I agree with you wholeheartedly. The problem with education/employment is that they only really care how good you are at a specific time with no regard to your intelligence/personality in any other aspect because nerves totally aren't a thing, no siree. *hugs*

It was a job for video editor and graphic designer for a business networking company, so it’s heavily compatible with what I did at university (Broadcast Journalism). It just pisses me off that they said I had the skills for the job, so their problem wasn’t with my abilities, it was with me as a person. Thing is is I’m not exactly a shy person, I’m comfortable around new people.

But, I’ve applied for a million and one more jobs in PR, Marketing, Social media...basically anything that I can apply my skills learnt from my degree

7 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

What if, he's drowning out the noise with his whistle/hum because he hates the noisiness too?

Nah but seriously, you work in an open-space office? I hate those.

He isn't, when we get a few moments of quiet he'll be humming, etc. Plus, he talks a lot too and contributes to the noise. 

Dude, there are little advantages to open space offices but I'd rather be isolated in a cubicle at this point. My brain is so fried by the bullshit I gotta put up with daily lol. 

@TheZigzagoon I don't get why you need a certain personality type to be a video editor or graphic designer, you probably won't be facing clients often enough and even if you did, basic social skills will do. Some retail jobs will look for someone who's bubbly or personable because it's part of their brand, but that's a whole different world. 

1 hour ago, platy said:

He isn't, when we get a few moments of quiet he'll be humming, etc. Anyway, he talks a lot too and contributes to the noise. 

Dude, there are little advantages to open space offices but I'd rather be isolated in a cubicle at this point. My brain is so fried by the bullshit I gotta put up with daily lol. 

I can relate to this so much. The office is generally harmonious but one woman feels the need to talk incessantly, overshare, one-up everyone, and generally annoy the crap out of me. I found out recently a colleague feels the same way yet we're not the confrontational type. Thank god for headphones; I don't want to listen to what underwear she has at home, how big her partners piece is, how amazing yet annoying her kids are, or about her annoying her mom is. Ugh. 

@nullmoon that's ridiculous. Sounds like she has no filter.

Headphones are great, but I'm starting to get sick of listening to music or podcasts. It's no longer for enjoyment but for the sake of my sanity. Why should I have to be plugged in for 8 hours a day when others are being a nuisance? 

That could be something to bring up with your manager if you ever get one on one meetings with them. This woman is disrupting your work and sharing overly personal details. Sounds like a  justified complaint. 

Wishing you lots of patience to get through this Friday 😛

14 minutes ago, platy said:

@nullmoon that's ridiculous. Sounds like she has no filter.

Headphones are great, but I'm starting to get sick of listening to music or podcasts. It's no longer for enjoyment but for the sake of my sanity. Why should I have to be plugged in for 8 hours a day when others are being a nuisance? 

That could be something to bring up with your manager if you ever get one on one meetings with them. This woman is disrupting your work and sharing overly personal details. Sounds like a  justified complaint. 

Wishing you lots of patience to get through this Friday 😛

Totally get you, I don't want to ever use music like this to the point where I don't even enjoy it anymore! 

We're hoping to move offices next year so I'll request that she be out in the car park or something 😋 

Hahaha thank you, right back at you :3

Finally managed to wash an awful amount of dishes that had just been piling up for days and days. I didn't even know I had so many plates and forks and whatnots... Ahh I wish I had a dishwasher. Or maybe some kind of a servant. Maybe I could hire some cute vkei boy to do the job?

There has to be a special place in the lake of fire for "mothers" that voluntarily destroy their own families and go out of their way to keep the fathers from seeing their own children. My brother has been going through this shit for the last year and a half and this shit is just outright evil.

like 0.00% of optimism for ANYTHING left in my brain at this point. i'm absolutely convinced i'm running on negativity and negativity alone these days and i don't foresee anything changing for the better anytime soon either. literally able to count the amount of good things that have happened this year on one hand and still have fingers left over