zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

when u r cackling at old gr*mes twitter replies and this kawaii little gem catches your eye:

was visual kei predestined?

are mitsu just temporal physical manifestations of immortal yokai?

are all bandomen possessed by entities (that are only visible on the STI bloodwork results)?

On 8/11/2019 at 4:19 PM, secret_no_03 said:

I wonder how many current or former Kpop stars are serving in the Republic of Korea Armed Forces. 🤔

Imagine the BTS stans reaction to them

going to the Army

We would finally get a few years without their shitty music

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

2 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

Holy shit why is the DMV so damn crowded in the morning? I thought nobody went at that time lol.

It's kinda like IKEA, no matter what day of the week it is or what time it is, always too much people

On 7/30/2019 at 11:41 PM, itsukoii said:

what factors make for a happy & healthy relationship? my understandings of relationships are far more skewed now than they were before i even got into one because it wasn't... great, and now i have absolutely no idea what makes a "good" relationship. considering this, i won't be getting into another one for many years i assume, but it would still be nice to have an idea of what a healthy relationship is like

Please take what I say with a HUGE grain of salt...cuz I ain't no expert or any of that shit, but imma keep it 💯 with you. We tend to over-complicate things. I think the main reason most relationships fail is because ppl are ultimately more committed to themselves than anything else. I mean, outside of glaring incompatibilities and straight-up abuse, there really isn't much that two ppl who are TRULY intent on making things work could not overcome.

But generally, muhfukkas just don't wanna make sacrifices or put in the effort. We generally take the path of least resistance. You also have a lot of ppl that'll deceive themselves and use the flaws in a relationship as an excuse to opt out of that relationship, when in reality, they have ulterior motives and just wanna do whatever they want to do. These are the kind of ppl you usually find jumping from "relationship" to "relationship". But those ppl are idiots cuz guess what?  EVERY relationship is going to have issues. Every relationship is going to face conflict. Why? Cuz ain't nobody perfect. We all fuck up. We all make mistakes. But what makes a perfect relationship? 2 ppl who never stop giving a perfect attempt at it.

But see that takes heart. That takes courage. That takes patience. That takes forgiveness (a damn near infinite amount). That takes maturity. But see ppl fuck themselves over thinking relationships are supposed to be all sunshine and rainbows. Ppl think that relationships are for your own "happiness", but you'd have to be a damn fool to think that. Happiness should be a byproduct of your relationship, but it should never be the goal of your relationship. It's a fuckin' emotion - which means it's flimsy as fuck. You're liable to feel a million different emotions in one day, so to make something as unstable as that the very foundation of your relationship is silly. What's gonna happen as soon as you don't feel "happy" anymore? Usually, that's when strange penis and vagina starts looking REALLY appealing to folks :tw_joy:  Next thing you know, you dun ruined your relationship over a temporary emotion. I digress.

Relationships are going to test your fuckin spirit, and you gotta be prepared for it. Anybody who truly loves you is going to keep it real with you, and so in contending with them, they're going to reveal things about you that you didn't even know. You're going to experience sides of yourself (good, bad, and UGLY) that you didn't even know you had. A good relationship is going to bring all of this out. Suppressed trauma will surface. Scars will be picked at. But you have to be willing to face all of this. The good, the bad, and the ugly. You can't just expect the good, and ignore the bad, cuz that shit's going to get ugly inevitably lol. You have to be willing to realize that, yeah, you do have some bad and ugly parts of yourself that you need to work on. You have to be willing to grow. Your partner as well. That's why patience and forgiveness is so paramount. And it's a neverending process...but it's going to make you a better person and continue to refine you.

So you see why commitment is so important. I mean, REAL commitment. Most ppl don't wanna go through all of that stuff that I just mentioned. You'd be shocked at the lengths ppl will go to to avoid dealing with themselves, and a good relationship is going to force you to confront yourself and your issues. We live in age where all ppl wanna do is be comforted. Don't nobody wanna voluntarily put themselves through something like that. Don't nobody wanna jump in the fire. And honestly, a lot of ppl would rather jump ship than face the depths of their very own heart.

But anyways lil sis, I know my tone and my language can be harsh, but don't let me frighten you or anything. :lol: I'm just trying to keep it real with you and let you  know that relationships take a dead-serious level of commitment and spiritual maturity. It's going to be a challenge. But accepting that challenge is actually way better than not doing it imo. When both you and your partner fully commit and both of you look at the relationship as something you're in together...as "us vs the problems" and not "me vs my partner"...when you're both willing to face that fire together and understand that tough times WILL come...your experience will be much deeper, richer, and fulfilling....a lot more than simply looking for fleeting "happiness" in other ppl.

You gotta be willing to make an effort tho. That's actually one of the functions of marriage, aka making a covenant with your partner. You make a vow to stick it out, so when issues arise, yall gotta figure that shit out. Cuz like I said, most ppl will take the path of least resistance and leave a relationship/partnership before even trying to work shit out. Especially in these days where ppl feel like they have infinite "options" via social media alone, and treat ppl as if they're expendable. Shit, muhfukkas is unfriending ppl left and right over simple-ass disagreements these days. Petty shit. That's the kinda world we're living in today, so a lot of ppl have no hope of actually being in a successful relationship being that damn petty lol.

Anyways, hopefully I said something that made sense to you. I talk too damn much :tw_joy:

@CAT5 what a read that was! it was very enlightening and definitely makes me realize i'm just not ready for something like that LOL... but it was fantastic advice overall, so thank you, and i'll definitely keep it in mind for the future.

at the same time it does make me wonder if my ex and i should have tried harder with our relationship, but we were too incompatible as partners and there were too many factors of the relationship interfering with my hobbies/outside life, which is something i can't handle before starting uni. it's me time rn.

so this actually begs another deep question: how can you know when a person is worth all of that work?

Oh man, I don't want to add to it myself, but random thoughts are random, and I don't want to keep them in my head today.

It's surreal to be thinking about my childhood friend, 9 years this week since she passed away. It bothers me every single day to know that the last time I saw her, she had already been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, already too late to do anything, and just carrying on with her 18 year-old life like it was nothing, and smiling.

Jesus fuck it's not fair.

I feel more like shit because I haven't made time to visit her resting place, ever.

In fact, the reason I'm typing this is because I had almost forgotten that she was laid to rest around this time, having actually been there at her funeral, spending hundreds of dollars on flowers, and crying endlessly because she was one of the last people I ever expected to pass away. If this is something that is going to happen naturally, and I can't do a damn thing to stop it, I'll live with this gut-punch of a reminder, even if it haunts me forever for moving on with my life and not cherishing her existence in it, no matter how short it was.

I'm in another state and further away, so I wonder if I'm going to ever have that time to do actually go and visit?

I think it might be time to force it into my schedule for sanity's sake, and as a reminder to her that I haven't forgotten about the better days.

How do I turn off my feelings? I'm not necessarily enjoying it when I'm lying in bed ready to sleep and my brains suddenly decide to start thinking of this guy I really like and remind me of how I'll never see him again and how I don't have any chance with him anyway.

I need sleep not this shit argh.

44 minutes ago, chocobuzz said:

How do I turn off my feelings? I'm not necessarily enjoying it when I'm lying in bed ready to sleep and my brains suddenly decide to start thinking of this guy I really like and remind me of how I'll never see him again and how I don't have any chance with him anyway.

I need sleep not this shit argh.

Might I suggest a labotomy? XD 

In all seriousness though, maybe try concentrating really hard on your breathing? 

On 8/15/2019 at 8:54 PM, YuyoDrift said:

I think it might be time to force it into my schedule for sanity's sake, and as a reminder to her that I haven't forgotten about the better days.

Go for it! It's clearly on your mind a lot so it would do you good to dedicate some time to visiting her. If it's tough to make the journey though, the fact that you think about her so much must count for something 😊

I have a fucking childhood trauma from an 1997 episode of The Angry Beavers, where they decide to stay up all night and amongst other things have a brilliant idea to watch b-rated horrors. 

This thing 

51553.gif

Was from a movie called "The crawling spleen" and the dude in the gif is saying (look how I still remember after 20 years) "watch out or it will crawl into your ear". 

Since that day, and funnily enough it was a day before we went on a trip do Disneyland in Paris, I always, ALWAYS cover my ears when I go to sleep. I can't fall asleep otherwise anymore, but it's not every night that I go down the memory lane to remember the origins. So glad I did this time! Fucking yey~

6 minutes ago, spockitty said:

I have a fucking childhood trauma from an 1997 episode of The Angry Beavers, where they decide to stay up all night and amongst other things have a brilliant idea to watch b-rated horrors. 

This thing 

51553.gif

Was from a movie called "The crawling spleen" and the dude in the gif is saying (look how I still remember after 20 years) "watch out or it will crawl into your ear". 

Since that day, and funnily enough it was a day before we went on a trip do Disneyland in Paris, I always, ALWAYS cover my ears when I go to sleep. I can't fall asleep otherwise anymore, but it's not every night that I go down the memory lane to remember the origins. So glad I did this time! Fucking yey~

This is horrifying! Have you ever tried seeing someone about it? :)

9 hours ago, nullmoon said:

This is horrifying! Have you ever tried seeing someone about it? :)

lol in the grand scheme of things, it's one of my most harmless issues :'D 

Edited by spockitty

found out one of my old high school classmates is now dating one of my high school teachers, its making me feel kinda uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by Tokage

10 hours ago, nullmoon said:

Might I suggest a labotomy? XD 

In all seriousness though, maybe try concentrating really hard on your breathing? 

Haha that'd be great. Or maybe hitting myself in the head with a baseball bat so hard I'll get amnesia and forget the guy ever even existed lol.

For some reason when I really concentrate on my breathing it makes me oddly uncomfortable and I start breathing really weirdly. But I did find out that reading some light and fun short stories managed to finally force my thoughts into somewhere else so I guess I'll just do that whenever this happens haha

Me and my friend ended up creating a short story which is an alternative version/universe of 13 Reasons Why called 'Ghost Detective★Necrophiliac'. Imagine creatively vibing with someone on that level...our minds.