zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

my most vanilla co-worker just asked me to play her some tracks from the CDs I've just gotten from Japan. can't decide if I want to traumatize her with nokubura or go the Initial'L route and ease her into things ~ decisions decisions~

15 hours ago, SubThatSong said:

It's actually been a year now since I moved to live alone. I can't believe how time flies. Or how comfortable I am being alone and dedicating myself to my hobby. Maybe I'm meant to be alone? Am I going to be alone forever? Could there possibly be someone I could be fully comfortable with that would understand my quirks? Do I even want that? How am I so easily over a ten year long relationship that even ended in me being the one that was dumped out of the blue?

I'm such an asshole for ghosting people who tried to start real relationships with me.

Hmm mulling over the same questions mostly. I'm torn between wanting someone really badly and wanting to be alone forever XD 

40 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

Hmm mulling over the same questions mostly. I'm torn between wanting someone really badly and wanting to be alone forever XD 

It's so nice to be alone tho, right? No "what are we going to eat today", not having to care at all about someone else's schedule or... anything lol 😂 Meanwhile also starting to feel old (uh-oh)

17 minutes ago, SubThatSong said:

It's so nice to be alone tho, right? No "what are we going to eat today", not having to care at all about someone else's schedule or... anything lol 😂 Meanwhile also starting to feel old (uh-oh)

I know right? Being able to just get up and do something (or just having the freedom to laze around and do nothing) is pretty awesome. 

Yeahhhhh got the big 30 coming up this year. Fun fun.

1 hour ago, nullmoon said:

I know right? Being able to just get up and do something (or just having the freedom to laze around and do nothing) is pretty awesome. 

Yeahhhhh got the big 30 coming up this year. Fun fun.

Aaaamen!

My condolences haha, I'm not quite there yet but I'm sitting on my 28. At 27 I didn't feel old at all, and when I hit 28 I was like... oh, damn, I'm getting old? 😂 

1 hour ago, SubThatSong said:

Aaaamen!

My condolences haha, I'm not quite there yet but I'm sitting on my 28. At 27 I didn't feel old at all, and when I hit 28 I was like... oh, damn, I'm getting old? 😂 

I know right? I'm practically dead 😂

It's horrible right? Just sneaks up on you out of nowhere! 

2 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

I know right? I'm practically dead 😂

It's horrible right? Just sneaks up on you out of nowhere! 

I'm just glad I waited until closer to 30, the classic age to start feeling old - my sister told me when she was like 22 "OMG I'M GETTING SO OOOLD" 😂 The 17-year old me was like ??????

1 hour ago, SubThatSong said:

I'm just glad I waited until closer to 30, the classic age to start feeling old - my sister told me when she was like 22 "OMG I'M GETTING SO OOOLD" 😂 The 17-year old me was like ??????

Hahahahaha and yet there's still so far to go! 😂

20 minutes ago, Zeus said:

lmao @ people who wish celebrities who don't give a fuck about em happy birthday but can't even remember their own friend's birthdays. priorities, priorities.

It's all a part of "being in the know" with social media, even though you don't know what you know. Also a reflection of the celeb life, so there's nothing new there.

50 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

It's all a part of "being in the know" with social media, even though you don't know what you know. Also a reflection of the celeb life, so there's nothing new there.

It's also how I know who to keep around. Shouldn't be too mad at people making a fool of themselves, but I should be concerned that the behavior doesn't become normalized.

Do people not actually think things through when deciding to be an online influencer/media personality?

Maybe its too easy an outlet to become one I guess, but if the thought that your "followers" could one day turn on you never crossed you mind, well I don't really feel bad because that's just what happens to people like you.

I'm turning 30 next month and still I get asked for an ID while buying alcohol 90% of the time, to a point where I feel uncomfortable when they don't ask me, because I can see THEY ARE THINKING ABOUT IT. 

I've been through this when buying cigarettes until around 35. At some point I just awaited being asked and already smirked when they really did. Don't mind this I tried to take it as a compliment.

13 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

At least you haven't been asked why you're not in school.

you have?

19 minutes ago, Kuro said:

I've been through this when buying cigarettes until around 35. At some point I just awaited being asked and already smirked when they really did. Don't mind this I tried to take it as a compliment.

I don't particularly mind either, at least it always greatly amuses my mother when I mention it :P apparently she was mistaken for underage until over 40, so I suppose there's still a long way ahead of me :'D 

1 minute ago, spockitty said:

I don't particularly mind either, at least it always greatly amuses my mother when I mention it :P apparently she was mistaken for underage until over 40, so I suppose there's still a long way ahead of me :'D 

I have to admit it felt strange when it stopped. I still think it's pretty funny and sometimes I still expect to get asked. And in the end I think it's better than looking a lot older than I am (at least considering I'm turning 40 next year yet still feeling like 22).

6 minutes ago, spockitty said:

you have?

When I was about 25 I was asked why I was not in school, no one ever thinks I'm almost 30 and half of the time I'm mistaken for a woman.

18 minutes ago, Kuro said:

I have to admit it felt strange when it stopped. I still think it's pretty funny and sometimes I still expect to get asked. And in the end I think it's better than looking a lot older than I am (at least considering I'm turning 40 next year yet still feeling like 22).

I especially like the stone faced expression the cashier gives me while handing me back the ID :P Even more when they're obviously like a decade younger than me. I think I'll be disappointed when they stop asking as well. 

Sure it is better!  One of the cashiers told me once that they have to ask anyone looking below 30, because teenagers these days can look so mature~ 

Ay, don't start me on the "I feel way younger than I actually am". I used to think 30 is the beginning of the end of your life, and now I feel like my life is only just beginning tbh. I hate the artificial age cap on basically having fun? 

33 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

When I was about 25 I was asked why I was not in school, no one ever thinks I'm almost 30 and half of the time I'm mistaken for a woman.

lol XD I think when I was around 24, I was driving my shitty car with my dad in the passenger seat, we were picking up a fridge I think? And we were pulled over by police because they thought he was teaching his teenage son how to drive. 

@spockitty I'm nineteen next month and I still get mistaken for a little girl (people usually guess around twelve, fourteen if I'm lucky). I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my diminutive stature and baby face/voice many times in the past but it's so difficult for me to ignore it because no-one else will no matter what. :(

1 minute ago, Gesu said:

@spockitty I'm nineteen next month and I still get mistaken for a little girl (people usually guess around twelve, fourteen if I'm lucky). I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my diminutive stature and baby face/voice many times in the past but it's so difficult for me to ignore it because no-one else will no matter what. :(

oh bb girl, what can I say, get used to it? or better yet, find a way to get amused by it ^.~ 

I think I have the exact same problem you do, I'm 157cm high, I'm cursed with a baby face and a high & quiet voice :P 

does it bother you that much?

10 minutes ago, spockitty said:

oh bb girl, what can I say, get used to it? or better yet, find a way to get amused by it ^.~ 

I think I have the exact same problem you do, I'm 157cm high, I'm cursed with a baby face and a high & quiet voice :P 

does it bother you that much?

I'm 151cm and I also have a high voice but mine's somewhat loud (not shouty, just... well-projected, I guess) so it makes me sound like a rambunctious toddler.

I don't think it bothers me nearly as much as it used to because I think it's been long enough that people actually take me seriously now (that and I started wearing makeup which makes me look older), but it's something that I'm always reminded of. Oh well, I'm the same height as you in heels so I guess that's not too bad :P seriously, 157cm makes me feel like a giantess.