zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

15 hours ago, CAT5 said:

But what amazes me is that some people have a hard time even just entertaining the possibility that many things that have been accepted as fact or that people put their trust in, whether we're speaking about history or modern times, could indeed be lies.

I thought about this too and one of my answers is that some people integrate facts with their identity so much, entertaining any possibility that they are wrong is to reject their reality and by extension, them as a whole.

since ending my relationship i've had so many newfound fears that i'm going to be alone forever (despite how young i am) when these thoughts have never been a concern to me before. i wonder if what i had was actually good, but i was too emotionally immature to handle it properly? i was never very happy, but what if that was all my fault? and if i'd just kept pushing, it would've ended up a good relationship? i can't help but think (know) i was the reason it went south, but i worry my reasons for doing so weren't genuine feelings of unhappiness caused by my partner, it was just me being overly sensitive and not understanding how relationships work. i don't know. there's a lot to reflect on. but the feeling that maybe i had something great and i willingly put an end to it really haunts me, because what if every relationship i have here on out is even worse?

5 hours ago, itsukoii said:

since ending my relationship i've had so many newfound fears that i'm going to be alone forever (despite how young i am) when these thoughts have never been a concern to me before. i wonder if what i had was actually good, but i was too emotionally immature to handle it properly? i was never very happy, but what if that was all my fault? and if i'd just kept pushing, it would've ended up a good relationship? i can't help but think (know) i was the reason it went south, but i worry my reasons for doing so weren't genuine feelings of unhappiness caused by my partner, it was just me being overly sensitive and not understanding how relationships work. i don't know. there's a lot to reflect on. but the feeling that maybe i had something great and i willingly put an end to it really haunts me, because what if every relationship i have here on out is even worse?

Easier said than done, but try to take it easy on yourself, sis! Relationships are often one of the most difficult aspects of human life...I mean, we been at this shit for thousands or millions of years (depending on your perspective), and we still can't get this shit right. Hell, most of the ppl in relationships today have absolutely no idea what they're doing either,and are just wingin' it at best.

It's also natural that you'd feel these kinds of things after a breakup....,but give it time. Time will both heal and reveal all things. Besides, you'll be surprised what life will bring your way, so don't count yourself out just yet!

thanks so much, @CAT5! it's definitely a relief to hear that. and i'm actually doing a lot better than i thought i would, so, that's a plus lol. i'm excited for the future!!

I've always been the creative type but I have 3742384624362842342 ideas and I can never decide which one I want to pursue. There are one or two that really stick out to me, but I can never decide where I want to take them. It's like not being able to put the pieces of a jigsaw together. I put a few together, then I realise I was wrong and take them out and try some new pieces, but even that doesn't work and I have no idea what I'm doing. I've found that my best ideas tend to come from mixing two or three old ones together, but even if the concept is nice, I just can't finish it or decide how it should end. I get a beginning and a middle, but no end. I feel so burnt out.

~

Edited by spockitty
i was drunk writing this, sorry to whoever managed to read it, what a trainwreck i am uh

It's wild how The Most High will use other people to reveal things to you that you've been inquiring about. And these people usually have no clue what's happening. Blows my mind.

Nefarious script kiddies have been using my personal e-mail to sign up for services. There's nothing like messages from Instagram telling you what's new when you don't have an Instagram account. What's even worse is that their support number is total shit and a farce; the robotic message basically tells you no one is going to pick up the phone. I had to spend time this afternoon manipulating password recovery services so that I could  gain control of the accounts and then purge them from their servers (and I mean purge, not that frou-frou deactivate temporarily bullshit). I guess some people would call it hacking, but it's not hacking if I had access to all the pieces in the first place and it's also not hacking if password recovery services not built with security in mind sends out recovery messages with passwords in plain text. Why don't you just set your username as your social security number and post your security questions and answers on Facebook for everyone to see while you're at it?

I'm just glad everyone is equally as fucking incompetent.

2 hours ago, colorful人生 said:

Another thing I can't believe I haven't heard of until now. Now I present to you seiyuu doing atrocious covers of Western punk rock songs.

shoutouts to SimpleFlips

kurt cobain didn't die for this

I'm not the devil because I like free entertainment whether it's pirated video games, music, movies, anime, etc, and you're not fucking God because you have all kinds of expendable income and can afford everything a band puts out and you are willing to pay anything for a release because you're that obsessed and let's be honest, desperate. 

18 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

Regarding the diet, I want to be clear that the cats do not belong to me. I have no obligation to monitor their eating habits or their dietary necessities, because I can't control (neither can they) whether or not they eat out of a trashcan/another cat's asshole on their little adventure outdoors. The cats are at her parents place, and they have always bought "budget" cat food, which I'm sure would have been fine in their youth, but these cats are entering 10-11 years of age.

ok so that's tragic all around, but if you want to feel better, an average feral cats lifespan is like 3 or 4 years, those cats already likely have FIV, and if the area fauna hasn't done their deed by ten years, they'll probably live relatively happily for a while.

the indoor/outdoor thing: cats don't need space to roam, and can keep themselves active enough in an apartment. the best thing you can if you plan on getting one is getting a small house/shed because they need privacy, a scratching post, and a bunch of pillows and maybe a small blanket for the winter if you live in a cold climate (otherwise they'll sneak your cashmere for the same purpose anyway.)

I know when most people are in the shower, they have really deep, philosophical thoughts but all I could think of when I was in the shower earlier was how much I love the word "gripe".

Why is it that I've nearly drowned twice, but I prefer baths over showers, maybe because it's the rush of water and the sensation akin to drowning and water boarding and it's not about being in water up to my neck after all. Probably because in a tub you control the water and you can't exactly control a pool or body of water. Funny side note, both times I nearly drowned was in a pool, once I was a dumb child, the second a dumb teen who drifted into the deep end. 😑