zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

On 5/24/2019 at 7:26 PM, Neigedesmannes said:

Anyone else gets their self esteem destroyed when you see your face in a bad photo someone else took

It's accurate.

Happens to me 99% of the time

On 6/3/2019 at 8:03 PM, psychonnect_rozen said:

69hnC03.png

Where does this come from? Some strange fanfic?

no, I wrote it myself

On 6/3/2019 at 6:03 PM, psychonnect_rozen said:

69hnC03.png

Where does this come from? Some strange fanfic?

gurl....if only u knew...

it was before your time ;) 

Fuck me, why is it that I am always stuck in the same situation regarding work? 😫

I just wanted to do some small/easy contract work for the first couple years in my field wtf.

30 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I've been on antidepressants for 9 days and GHYLGADLGAJIODLKGL i just wanna quit. Happy pills sure make me feel like crap physically.

Apart from needing to pee a million times in the evening initially, they've done nothing to change my feelings of inertia...and I've been on them for a few months now. I hope they work their magic on you soon though, dude! 

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

I've been on antidepressants for 9 days and GHYLGADLGAJIODLKGL i just wanna quit. Happy pills sure make me feel like crap physically.

what are you taking?.. you def shouldn't want to quit and your dr is being a dumb bitch if they're not adjusting what you're taking;

if meds make you actively feel worse, there's something strongly incompatible with your diagnosis going on

Just now, nekkichi said:

what are you taking?.. you def shouldn't want to quit and your dr is being a dumb bitch if they're not adjusting what you're taking;

if meds make you actively feel worse, there's something strongly incompatible with your diagnosis going on

celexa 10mg. i'm supposed to ride it out for 2 weeks but i'm not sure if the side effects are going to go away like ~they said they would~

4 minutes ago, Zeus said:

celexa 10mg. i'm supposed to ride it out for 2 weeks but i'm not sure if the side effects are going to go away like ~they said they would~

no that's bs and you should bring this stuff up, there should be noticeable and very real improvement coming from ur medication regimen within the first days, otherwise it likely won't work longterm either; you are expected to wait out several weeks, but it's not typically what happens irl either.

I would quietly start looking for another dr and I've heard personal anecdotes of bad citalopram reactions (I've never been on it myself tho so idk), but this isn't a normal or even acceptable response to ADs if you're thinking about dropping them altogether

I can honestly tell I loved zoloft while it worked for me and this was a shared sentiment in the depression thread I've frequented on elsewhere, but you should be aware that dropping a dr if you don't get any real and tangible improvement is a normal part of the process and you might go through it several times ltr, all depends on how well your condition responds to med treatment

I think the general advice is to ride it out for a month. Apparently things can get worse before they get better. I wouldn't expect an instant fix. 

I think Zoloft is known as Sertraline over here in the UK. I ended up getting physical shakes and spasms from it after a while so I knew for sure to stop taking that XD 

This isn't for "shaming" on your doctor or on your own process coming through depression, but have you considered starting a psychological therapy instead of taking pills? Or at least while taking them?

5 hours ago, Zeus said:

28 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

I think Zoloft is known as Sertraline over here in the UK. I ended up getting physical shakes and spasms from it after a while so I knew for sure to stop taking that XD 

that's its generic name, and those are some brutal side-effects tbh (zoloft does the "brain zap" thing if you're dropping it without easing out/replacing it with something else, but it happens months or like years into being on it, not during the early adjustment stage  - that's absolutely not normal),

which is also an example of how powerful this stuff is in a negative way when for some reason your brain chemistry doesn't agree with what the pills are producing.

I hope you found a better alternative for it, there're newer (and for some people way better) alternatives too.

there's no real benefit in sticking to something that makes you feel awful while you still have options - however your dr might not be too inclined to offer them for like their own personal reasons, which was my point. it's not immediately obvious that sometimes you will be better off just talking to a dr that takes your complaints more seriously, given the amount of various biases that potentially contribute to their assessment.

Edited by nekkichi

19 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

I hope you found a better alternative for it, there're newer (and for some people way better) alternatives too.

Currently on Citalopram but it literally has no effect on me. 

20 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

There's no real benefit in sticking to something that makes you feel awful while you still have options - however your dr might not be too inclined to offer them for like their own personal reasons, which was my point. it's not immediately obvious that sometimes you will be better off just talking to a dr that takes your complaints more seriously, given the amount of various biases that potentially contribute to their assessment.

Oh totally. If the doctor isn't taking feedback seriously then they have to go.