zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

I do a monthly cull of my social media follows. Do I really care about this person? Do I feel good/earn something from looking at their posts? Most of the time people are followed on impulse or friend requests are accepted because I want to be nice. After some time I realise it's not worth it and just delete a bunch of people. It's liberating and I don't care if they get butthurt, life will move on. It can get tricky with family members, so I just mute/unfollow most of them so I don't have to see their updates. 

I sometimes do a cull of people I'm following on Twitter, and occasionally Instagram. Generally speaking, I follow very few people, and I'm followed by very few people. I try not to follow too many, because I want to be able to see everything from the few that I do. Admittedly, I'm bad at unfollowing people on Instagram. I'll see someone's story multiple times and think, "I should unfollow them already," but I never do.

As for Facebook, I don't touch it. I only log in because I'm in a few group chats. Initially, I was resistant to using Facebook because nearly everyone in my family uses it, but now I simply loathe Facebook culture and want no part in it. Although I will say, it's a good place for music news, since a lot of Western bands update their pages regularly (and probably more frequently that Twitter or Insta).

I need to do this with some of my Twitter and Instagram follows too, but I'm lazy. Plus after looking at their feed, I can't bring myself to unfollow them as I might miss something. However I've been trying to work on this by removing all political nonsense from my feed and just shit I don't agree with, but so far it's only been a few.

can people just stop being greedy for money....my friend wants to keep her job cuz of the higher pay but i KNOW she's not happy with it. it's about an hour commute and she always comes home dirty with grime in her hair as she's a machine operator and the place she works at isn't the cleanest. yet, she isn't willing to sacrifice all that pay for a more moderate and cleaner job that pays just good enough to make a living, in other words the job i've been working at. i mean, she lives with her mom and sister so the rent shouldn't even cause a huge dent in her bank. plus she doesn't even have any loans to pay. she tells me that she wants to earn a lot so that she can both save and spend money at the same time, which looks to me more like spending than saving. well whatever, it's her life so i can't try to change her mind. it's all just kinda ridiculous to me though.

2 hours ago, plastic_rainbow said:

can people just stop being greedy for money....my friend wants to keep her job cuz of the higher pay but i KNOW she's not happy with it. it's about an hour commute and she always comes home dirty with grime in her hair as she's a machine operator and the place she works at isn't the cleanest. yet, she isn't willing to sacrifice all that pay for a more moderate and cleaner job that pays just good enough to make a living, in other words the job i've been working at. i mean, she lives with her mom and sister so the rent shouldn't even cause a huge dent in her bank. plus she doesn't even have any loans to pay. she tells me that she wants to earn a lot so that she can both save and spend money at the same time, which looks to me more like spending than saving. well whatever, it's her life so i can't try to change her mind. it's all just kinda ridiculous to me though.

Totally agree here. This is why I don't get people who spend more time working than with their family etc. Sure money is great for security, luxuries etc but if you can't be happy and enjoy life then what good is all that money? 

If we truly get one shot at life, we may as well spend it doing what we love (providing it pays the bills!). 

9 hours ago, nullmoon said:

Totally agree here. This is why I don't get people who spend more time working than with their family etc. Sure money is great for security, luxuries etc but if you can't be happy and enjoy life then what good is all that money? 

If we truly get one shot at life, we may as well spend it doing what we love (providing it pays the bills!). 

exactly. life isn't all about the money. there's more to it than that. my friend doesn't want to work at my job cuz she's worried about the 'stability' since it's a part time job (it does get busy during the summer tho so that practically makes up for the slow times). i think she just isn't willing to sacrifice all the luxuries she's been spending on, which makes me feel sad for her.

couldn't agree more. i mean well, i'm an aspiring artist which i know does not pay very well but i'm okay with doing a job on the side while still doing what i love, haha.

There's so much I want to do with my life and sometimes I worry about not being able to do it all. My main goal for the future is to become a paediatric therapist, but I'd also like to try becoming a singer, learning an instrument (probably violin), making beauty products, developing video games, improving my art, writing stories, learning Japanese and French so I can go to Japan and France... and many more things, but I couldn't possibly say what they all are as that list is constantly expanding and there's too much to recall off the top of my head. Being a procrastinator doesn't help much.

wish i was able to chop hard boiled eggs into perfectly even slices in midair like my favorite anime characters

is it weird that i go to my instructor's office almost every week just to hangout? 😅

also, he's like the only friend that i've made at art uni so far lol, my classmates are just kinda casual friends in general

Edited by plastic_rainbow

5 hours ago, plastic_rainbow said:

is it weird that i go to my instructor's office almost every week just to hangout? 😅

also, he's like the only friend that i've made at art uni so far lol, my classmates are just kinda casual friends in general

I love having a teacher "best friend". At high school it was my English teacher and at college it's my psychology teacher.

1 minute ago, chocobuzz said:

Ah, first little thunderstorm of the summer. Is there anything more beautiful sounding than pouring rain and thunder? It's really calming, somehow.

I find it makes good white noise for when I want to get to sleep.

13 minutes ago, Neigedesmannes said:

I stopped jjl when i couldnt follow the plot anymore :< did araki reveal the main antagonist yet?

Just finished the new chapter, I'm nervous bc there's still no certainty about the main antagonist (;__;)

Spoiler

I'll die if it will be another weird Dio's reincarnation. Btw I liked SBR's Dio, the cutest reptiloid ever :'D